Anyone playing/modding/etc?

Discussions about the new six degrees of freedom game from Cadenza Interactive.

Moderators: Grendel, Aus-RED-5

Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Anyone playing/modding/etc?

Post by Top Gun »

After a long while, I've finally picked up the game again, and I'm closing in on the end of the SP campaign. Sadly, the multiplayer seems completely dead, and as far as I can tell there's no real modding scene from the game, even after Cadenza released the level editor. So is anyone around here playing multi, or would they like to give it a try? Have there been any attempts at recreating D1 level 1 in Retrovirus, or fun stuff like that? This feels for all the world like the modern 6DOF game I always wanted, but unfortunately it seems like it kind of withered on the vine.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Re: Anyone playing/modding/etc?

Post by Alter-Fox »

Yah... my framerate still sucks too much to play much without frustration. Once I get a new laptop in April I'm planning on building at least a couple of singleplayer maps though.

For the moment, I can't figure out some basic stuff in the editor, like how to not spend hours just aligning two rooms. Or any quick way to make doors... there doesn't seem to be any grid at all.
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: Anyone playing/modding/etc?

Post by Top Gun »

Yeah, I hear you about the framerate; my machine's an antique piece of junk, so I don't really expect too much, but I can drop into the single digits in situations with a bunch of enemies. There are some other glitches too, like some of the levels having enemies that don't appear, so you can't get a complete 100% for them. I know Cadenza's a small dev team, but they said something about wanting to rewrite the rendering engine in a new language to hopefully resolve some issues, and I hope they can pull it off. The game definitely deserves a bigger player base.