Anyone know how campaign is coming?

The return of Descent! Forum for the reboot which will be developed by Descendent Studios.

Moderators: Lothar, dunkelza, Drakona

LightWolf
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Anyone know how campaign is coming?

Post by LightWolf »

I know that there will be one, but does anyone know the status?
Whatever I just said, I hope you understood it correctly. Understood what I meant, I mean.
#AllLivesMatter
defconx
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Re: Anyone know how campaign is coming?

Post by defconx »

I don't know but they recently said they reached a milestone. I think it might be that they plotted out the full single player mission, that is what it sounded like they had hinted at. But who knows? They are being very underspoken about it lately.

I know that if I get to be one of the beta testers (and beta is happening soon) I will not be reporting anywhere what the game is like to the Internets at large; I'll be reserving all feedback strictly for the devs so they can make their best possible "take" on the Descent universe and nothing at all leaks into the fandom.

Except me, of course, since I'm probably the biggest fan of D:U. lol

Now I do remember they wanted to have at least a 15 level campaign with each level being somewhat of its own flavor. But lately since they partnered with Little Orbit they have expanded the number of player ships to 20 or so and so I am not sure what the game will end up being or if they added or removed levels to modify the scope. I guess we'll probably hear bits about the first "single player package" in coming months as Beta testing gets opened up a bit.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

I did remember hearing Rob say something about "blocking out level 16" a couple weeks ago.
But there was a lot of background noise in there and I might have misheard.
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
Hunter
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Hunter »

First look at the game here (thanks to Pudlez):

Apparently it's being re-branded as just Descent, and is no longer a prequel.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Sort of sounds like "reboot", although does that work with the drone thing? They've been quiet for a while so I don't really know how much of the old premise still holds. If it's not a prequel you'd expect it to pick up at roughly the same place, maybe taking a different direction from there.

But, you know, whatever... they have creative freedom for this one, and if they make it work, we get another great game with co-op (!!!) this time. If they don't, we still have Overload. No losers as far as I can see... as long as folks refrain from snarky comments on Twitter about their less-favorite game anyway...
Hunter
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Hunter »

More footage here: