D2X Level 3 Bug [split from D2X for MS-Windows]

For all coding issues - MODers and programmers, HTML and more.

Moderators: Jeff250, fliptw

Darkside Heartless
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

D2X Level 3 Bug [split from D2X for MS-Windows]

Post by Darkside Heartless »

I got D2X to work finally :D , and I found a weird bug. In level 3 the reactor was replaced with a medium hulk(the brown one). anyone else have that bug or not?
Also, is there anyway to increase the detail? 'cause it hung and I had a little trouble seeing the task manager as the screen was at a resolution closer to 64 x 64PX than what I had it set at. :oops:
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Split from D2X for MS-Windows.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

i have it aswell. i thought it was pretty funny.
pATCheS
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by pATCheS »

I've been seeing the medium hulk reactor thing too. It seems consistent on the levels that have it versus the levels that don't, but I haven't tested this enough to really know. I have no idea what causes this at this point.

It isn't possible to go fullscreen at 64x64 (try stretching a 64x64 image to your desktop as a wallpaper, and note how large the texels are and compare what you saw to that). It's probably that the game went to 320x200 (or something similar) and just died for no excessively apparent reason. Screen res changing in D2X is a bit buggy... it never seems to work with perfect reliability. It might help to specify -fullscreen and -WxH in your d2x.ini, where W and H are whatever screen dimensions you want. Here are all the resolutions supported in this manner:

320x200
320x240
320x400 (probably doesn't work with very many machines under Windows, or not very well)
640x400
640x480
800x600
1024x768
1152x864
1280x960
1280x1024 (doesn't have a 4:3 aspect ratio; screws up screenshots)
1600x1200

If it happens again, try removing the command line option and set the resolution while in the main menu. Be sure to post your results here.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

As patches said, try "-fullscreen" in d2x.ini (that file must reside in the Descent folder), and set the screen resolution in D2X.
Darkside Heartless
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Thanks for the command lines, and I found another bug. Right after I destroy the level 4 reactor, I start heading for the exit and a soon as I enter a hallway, it hangs. I tried it several times, but no luck so far.
BTW, I have a screenie of what my screen looks like when D2X hung on me. I can't post it, no server space.
Darkside Heartless
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

so far everytime I use the guide bot to find te exit, it hangs. Usually in different places,I can't get screenies, because it dosn't copy to the clipboard for some odd reason. Is it something I'm doing? or is it just another bug?
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

I think it's a bug, probably related to level structure and the guide bot's path finding.
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

Maybe the end of the exit tunnel marker is depreciated or missing?
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

I will debug into it and see whether I can catch that bug. I tried it before, but w/o the Guidebot. The problem does not seem to appear if not using the Guidebot.

Which proves that making a bug description as precise as possible and including "secondary" information like "I used the Guidebot" can make the difference between finding a bug or not. ;)