Another Mod proposal: H-L2

For all coding issues - MODers and programmers, HTML and more.

Moderators: Jeff250, fliptw

Spectre
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Another Mod proposal: H-L2

Post by Spectre »

The Ut2k4 mod thread, as i see, is dead.
I was just thinking about this option. That's even more theoric than the ut2k4 mod, because i don't have the needed c++programming skills by now(a miracle if i can correctly use a pointer :roll:, but good in modeling and level editing), so it's up to you.
But I thought to post here just a proposal, so if there are any programmers alive here...
I played Half-Life 2, and just finished the SP: superb for the gameplay, almost perfect about the programming. And, if you bought the game, valve offers you the full modding sdk, sources included.
I don't mean strange scripts, but the great part of the sourcecode, in real .cpp and .h files (i've them on my hd)
Now, assuming there is already a 6degrees movement implemented (just think abut diving), already a complex movement system with accelerations and also an extra running speed option (works perfectly equal to the D2 afterburner). I think any medium skilled programmer can really do something with this.
That's just a proposal, and its a real concrete chance we have ( and one of the last, i think)
Just post here your impressions...
:wink:
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

I was thinking of something similar myself, but it wouldn't be entirely 6DOF... mainly because it's a campaign, heh.

But you know... a Descent MOD for HL2 wouldn't be all that hard IMO. I'd need to get the game, but nonetheless. It'd be a good thing to work on to get me into the loop for that campaign...
Spectre
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Spectre »

what do you mean with "campaign"? if it regards descent, the first things are the 6dof...
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Single-player mission, basically.