Need help

For all coding issues - MODers and programmers, HTML and more.

Moderators: Jeff250, fliptw

Ayanami
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Need help

Post by Ayanami »

Hi guys I'm a new member and coder. I've a question I'll like to ask..

I'm doing an E-Vote System as an assignment. Here is the question.

The ABC Company wants to create an online website for voting candidates. Interested voters will register in the website. During the registration process they will choose their user login ids and passwords. Their identification number will be used to identify unique users. After registration, users need to log into the website where they will vote for the candidates. I should have minimum for 4 candidates. Voters need to confirm the vote. The confirming process should allow the votrer to change his/her vote, or to restart, or abort the voting process. Each voter can only vote once. and the company requires an online vote count for each candidate. The company also needs a record of the votes cast by the voters for auditing purposes.

I've been tasked to use Oracle DB or SQL for databases, interface will be dreamweaver and visual basic.net

Anyone can advise?
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

SQL Server is cheaper, by far, tho' it needs more babysitting. Doesn't seem to be much of a project, so you'll not need Oracle. Unless there is already an Oracle server...Are there any public DB servers laying around you can tie into?
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

You could just set up MySQL on your machine for testing. The system you're describing isn't really taxing on the database end, so you won't have to worry much about porting your SQL code between different DB servers. My combination of tools would be PHP and MySQL, though PHP can interface with Oracle and MS-SQL just fine.