D3 Edit for mac?

For all coding issues - MODers and programmers, HTML and more.

Moderators: Jeff250, fliptw

Sinjid
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

D3 Edit for mac?

Post by Sinjid »

Hi everyone! Does anybody know where to get D3 Edit for mac? :)
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

If you're running OS X you can run D3Edit by grabbing the source code from http://d3edit.warpcore.org and compiling it against the Darwine SDK libraries.

Or you can use Bochs or a similar emulator to create a virtual PC, install Windows, and run D3Edit from there (if you don't own Windows, you could also try installing Linux on the virtual PC and using Wine to run the EXE directly -- no recompilation required). This method is a lot slower than the first.

Unfortunately, those are the only options at this point, since no version of D3Edit exists for the Mac.
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

Interestingly, I've had various problems getting D3Edit to run under Linux (which should be somewhat similar). The one time I could get it to run with Wine, it was prohibitively sluggish.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

That could be a result of the fact that D3Edit is heavily reliant on MFC, which performs some Windows tricks (including a hell of a lot of window hooks). Wine is meant for well-written programs.
Sinjid
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Sinjid »

Hmmm? It keeps comeing up with errors. I fixed the source code with winebuild, so far so good. But when I try to compile it using the Terminal :cry: it says:

font.cpp:701: syntax error before `->' token
{standard input}:32:FATAL:Symbol _file_id already defined.
make[1]: *** [font.o] Error 1
make: *** [2dlib] Error 2

What do I do?
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Can you do me a favor and copy lines 700, 701, and 702 from font.cpp and post them here? I don't have much (read: any) expertise in compiling against Darwine, but let's see if it's an obvious error.