CPU Cooling

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

CPU Cooling

Post by snoopy »

I just gave my PC an internal cleaning after at least a year of constant running, and I just wanted to rave on my CPU cooler.

I've never had any heat issues with my computer, and I've got a 145W chip on it, so it could potentially be bad. I had minimal cleaning to do on the heat sink- it had collected a lot less dust than one that I've had in the past. I have a ZALMAN CNPS9700 LED 110mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler. For anyone looking, I'll give my recommendations to the Zalman radial design.
Arch Linux x86-64, Openbox
"We'll just set a new course for that empty region over there, near that blackish, holeish thing. " Zapp Brannigan
TOR_LordRaven
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: CPU Cooling

Post by TOR_LordRaven »

Nice :-)

PC in my brothers machine has a CoolerMaster V8 (128mm Push/Pull design).
He has a quad core Phenom II x4, runs a few degrees above ambient (usually 80degrees).
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Re: CPU Cooling

Post by MD-2389 »

Same cooler I'm running on my processor now. Been using it for the last few years, and I love it!
"One spelling mistake can destroy your life. A Husband sent this to his wife : "I'm having a wonderful time. Wish you were her." - @RobinWilliams