Any Exchange guru's here?

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Any Exchange guru's here?

Post by Vander »

I have an issue at a job.

This is all on MS Small Business Server 2003/Exchange. I create the distribution list in Active Directory, and it seems to work ok. I go into Exchange Manager and preview the Global Address List, and the distribution lists show up fine. I send an email to the smtp address for the distribution list, and it gets forwarded like normal. But when I go into Outlook 2003 and view the Global Address List, the distribution lists aren't there.

I can't, for the life of me, figure out what the problem is. I thought maybe the GAL wasn't getting updated right away, but I created a normal user with an exchange mailbox, and that shows up right away in the GAL from Outlook.

I'm guessing it's one stupid checkbox somewhere that I'm missing. Does anyone have any ideas?
Cuda68-2
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Cuda68-2 »

I checked with one of my co-workers, and he seems to remember a check box called " hide from global address book " but cant remeber where it is Image