WiFi Router with Dual SSID and Whitelisting..

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

TOR_LordRaven
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

WiFi Router with Dual SSID and Whitelisting..

Post by TOR_LordRaven »

Hey everyone,

Trying to find a WiFi router that features Dual SSID (or Guest network) and also has the ability to create Whitelists.

In otherwords, the Guest network will be locked down so that only a list of approved sites are accessable. All other sites are blocked. The other SSID has no restrictions.

I have found several Routers from DLINK that offer Either/Or, but not finding any that do Both.

Any ideas?

SSID1 = no restrictions
SSID2 = Whitelist

or vice versa
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: WiFi Router with Dual SSID and Whitelisting..

Post by Foil »

Why not just two routers (you can have them on the same ISP connection), one with whitelisting, one without?
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I've got a wndr3700 I've been happy with. It has guest access on both bands but I've never checked it's filtering capabilities.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

I know some newer routers like the Asus RT-AC66* can have up to like 8 SSIDs (pretty hard to find a router that doesn't support guest SSIDs these days), I'm not sure if they have the ability to apply web filters to specific individual SSIDs though. Might be a question for smallnetbuilder.com