Beagle bone black

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Beagle bone black

Post by snoopy »

Anyone have one? Anyone done any work custom with the GPIO bits?

I'm facing the end of my masters degree coming up, which means that I might have a bit of time to put into brewing an aquarium controller up for myself. I'm thinking of designing myself a custom shield & going all-out on trying to design an fairly generic controller framework....

I'm aware that commercial products are out there that do the same thing. I'm also aware that there are some spiffy Arduino designs out there. But... why buy a commercial product when you can have fun dumping more money and much much more time into your own home-brew design?

Anyways. I have a Raspberry pi that's sitting in my brother in law's basement as a backup machine, and I was thinking that a beagle bone black is probably more appropriate for an aquarium controller where I'm expecting all of the interfacing to be via the web (so it won't be driving any displays or doing multimedia).

I'm curious to know if anyone's do anything with them before....
Arch Linux x86-64, Openbox
"We'll just set a new course for that empty region over there, near that blackish, holeish thing. " Zapp Brannigan
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re: Beagle bone black

Post by snoopy »

Guess that's a no....

I'll let you know how it goes.
Arch Linux x86-64, Openbox
"We'll just set a new course for that empty region over there, near that blackish, holeish thing. " Zapp Brannigan