Using your PC as a Phone..

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

TOR_LordRaven
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Using your PC as a Phone..

Post by TOR_LordRaven »

So let me start off by saying, this is not a VoIP question.

I will be doing some work from home that requires a POTS line, and a headset for the conference calls.
The headset I have uses the Mic and Headphone Jack on the PC.

I remember way back when being able to place regular land-line calls through our PC Modem, but i know thats antiquated Tech now. And i need to make use of it.

Windows 7 Dialer doesn't seem to work well. I can get it to make an outbound call but i can't hear anything through the headset.

Any software out there that anyone knows of that allows you to do this?

Ive tried Phoner, but it won't place a call. Windows Dialer will call but you can't hear anything.
I have done numerous Google searches but most everything turns up VoIP Solutions, which for this case - I cannot use.

Any thoughts?
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: Using your PC as a Phone..

Post by Krom »

You need a voice modem for this to work, perhaps the modem you are using now is just a data only modem and doesn't support voice at all.
TOR_LordRaven
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Using your PC as a Phone..

Post by TOR_LordRaven »

Possibly - ive near given up on this solution - was trying not to have to spend money for it to work.
Looks like I will have to go out and purchase something else. Ohh well.