full size backlit keyboard?

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

ReadyMan
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

full size backlit keyboard?

Post by ReadyMan »

I've been looking around but cant seem to find a full size keyboard that is backlit. CompUSA has one that is just a bit bigger than a laptop kb...but I want a regular size (read: good for gaming).

Does anyone know of such an animal?

I really like the look and weight of the apple keyboards, but they wont work with a pc, and i cant find one that is anything close.

thanks!

RM
ReadyMan
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by ReadyMan »

All of those models are smaller than a normal keyboard...if only by a few inches...the arrow keys are crammed into the normal keyboard layout, making the Enter key, shift key, space bar all smaller.

I'm looking for a kb that has the arrow keys set under the Insert/Home/Delete/End (etc) keys...with standard size keys (preferrably a large enter key...which is becoming rare these days).

thanks!

RM
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Well, you could always mod your own by using neon wire like Warlock did for his case.
Warlock
DBB 3D Artist
DBB 3D Artist

Post by Warlock »

yeah and i had to kill my light cause the interfearance is to high Image
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Warlock, if you had put some wire mesh between the neon wire and the metal frame of your case, it would've been fine. Gotta love Faraday. Image