Anyone selling sidewinder 3d pro usb adapters?

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

MichaelAngelo
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Anyone selling sidewinder 3d pro usb adapters?

Post by MichaelAngelo »

I recently dug up my Logitech Freedom 2.4 but the stick feels very unwieldy compared to my old Gravis. My old gravis lacked a twist handle.

So I've found some options to buy an old sidwinder 3d pro.

Does anyone still make have these adapters for sale or would be willing to build me one and for how much?
sdfgeoff
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Anyone selling sidewinder 3d pro usb adapters?

Post by sdfgeoff »

Have a read of this thread (I've linked you to the end):
http://descentbb.net/viewtopic.php?f=8& ... &start=240

From memory, building the adapter is fairly well documented somewhere.

Originally only the arduino teensy was suitable, but there is now a whole range of 32U4 arduino's from china that can be had for really cheap (albiet long shipping times). Here's the $4USD Pro micro

I don't actually have a sidewinder 3D pro, so I haven't built an adapter. However I have used those arduino micro's to make my own custom joysticks. If you have a soldering iron at home, have a shot at building one. In this day and age it only costs a couple of dollars.

I am actually considering buying a sidewinder 3D pro, so if I do (and hence build an adapter) I'll let you know.
Eh?
MichaelAngelo
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Re: Anyone selling sidewinder 3d pro usb adapters?

Post by MichaelAngelo »

Thanks for the reply sdfgeoff, right now I've settled on a mouse and keyboard config. After some time playing joystick I found the mouse to be more precise for at me at least.