Windows Backup question

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Windows Backup question

Post by Tunnelcat »

Ok, here's what I want to do. I'd like to know if the MS Windows Backup application in Win 7 64bit will allow a user to put both the boot or repair disk information AND the system image on the same USB stick and if so, is there a USB stick capacity limitation? Right now I'm using a CD for boot and an external drive for the image.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: Windows Backup question

Post by Krom »

Seems like it is possible, just create a recovery disk image, write it to a bootable usb drive using rufus, then you can just use the usb drive as the destination for your windows image backups.

Only thing to keep in mind is that booting from USB is somewhat unreliable in older computers, newer ones should work fine though. There may be other compatibility issues, so the only way to know for sure is to try it once and see if it works.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Windows Backup question

Post by Tunnelcat »

Rufus looks like a great little program. I'll get it. Thanks Krom.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.