Who's still using FF 56.0.2

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Who's still using FF 56.0.2

Post by TigerRaptor »

Just curious. I refuse to give it up because I don't want to give up any of my extensions. Until I find a replacement or the add-on catches up.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: Who's still using FF 56.0.2

Post by Krom »

All the extensions I used save for a couple that I can live without went webex, but I wasn't using that many to begin with because I regularly cleaned house of stuff I really didn't need. Took noscript about a week to finally get up and running on webex though which wasn't fun. 57 is definitely the fastest firefox has been in years, especially with how fast my connection/pc is.

Though 56 and earlier wasn't exactly slow with noscript, ublock and tracking protection running and gutting all the useless scripts/embedded media out of pages. Any browser gets to be pretty fast when you stop most pages from being able to load the ridiculous amount of tracking/advertising scripts from third party domains embedded everywhere.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I use Pale Moon, which started life as a Firefox fork and is now pretty much its own thing. It's a nice throwback to Firefox's glory days: status bar at the bottom, tabs below the address bar where they belong, and no Australis theme nonsense. Most older Firefox extensions should (theoretically) work natively in it.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I almost reverted to the older Firefox when NoScript delayed their implementation into 57. Things felt naked without it for a week. I'm still not loving NoScript's new interface on 57 either. It's clunkier and more difficult to use. I also don't like Ghostery for tracking protection. They got caught selling personal data once and were banned from Firefox for a while. I was using Truste Tracker Protection, but it's never been updated, so I'm stuck. I'm glad AdBlock kept up with the program from day one.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.