Cool Edit?

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Pun
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Cool Edit?

Post by Pun »

Wow, looks like Cool Edit got picked up by Adobe and it's bona fide retail software now. What's a good freeware alternative? I use it mainly for making audio taunts.
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

Try Audacity? I heard that one is pretty good.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Use Nero Burning ROM? Use the wave editor software.
Sage
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sage »

I use Goldwave. www.goldwave.com
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

LOL - what's wrong with START --> ACCESSORIES --> ENTERTAINMENT --> SOUND RECORDER ?????

Works perfectly. Saves the correct type of file. Allows editing and it god damn easy to use. Why use a sledgehammer to squash a fly?
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Mobius:
LOL - what's wrong with START --> ACCESSORIES --> ENTERTAINMENT --> SOUND RECORDER ?????</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMFG MoBiUs..!

Finally.... That is a best thing you have posted in over 6 months, that must have been the only program you dont have a spyware infested slackware/shareware alternative for! Image

Good job!

Folks he is right, but if your that hard up and you want to use something other than what Microsoft gave you! Then use your Soundcards Recorder that was loaded with the drivers. If there is none, well .. you should have bought a real soundcard!
Pun
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Pun »

Sound Recorder is very cumbersome to work with when you're trying to chop a loop in the right place, among other shortfalls I wont bore you with. I'd rather squash a bug with a sledgehammer than kill an elephant with a butterknife. Thanks anyway.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by punisher:
I'd rather squash a bug with a sledgehammer than kill an elephant with a butterknife. Thanks anyway.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahahaha

Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

I'd say something here, but BUBBALOU said it already. Image

Seriously though, the software that came with your soundcard is usually fairly good. If you don't have such software, like I said, try Audacity. It's a decent open-source sound editing program.

Another one worth trying is this Japanese one I found a long while ago. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of it.

Can also try http://www.nonags.com and see what they have as well.