200 gig 8 meg cache WD $22.26 after MIR

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

200 gig 8 meg cache WD $22.26 after MIR

Post by STRESSTEST »

Go to dell.com home, search for part number A0080840 (you'll get two hits, chose the first one)

222.26 is the price with 2 100 dollar rebates. (Both listed under the yellow "Add to Cart" button)

In the checkout you'll get another 10% off and free shipping. So it comes out to less then 20 bucks after everything.

<FONT color="#FF0000">Do this today! deal on the rebates need to have the item purchased by 9/26</FONT>
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

i dont think my mobo will even support that hard drive (Abit IS7), but omg is that huge!! im gonna buy it anyway, if i cant use it i can sell it Image
Scorch
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Scorch »

Under rebate details it says limit one per customer. Do they both still apply?
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Fine print says 1 rebate per customer/name/address, and you have to include the original capacity label, so how am I supposed ot get 2 rebates from that?
ccb056
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by ccb056 »

im confused, if its only 1 rebate per customer, are they 2 different rebates and thats why you get 200 dollars off?

EDIT: one rebate is for just the 200gb drive and the other is for 250 or 200

you have to include the original capacity sticker or upc code, are these twop things different where we can submit two originals
Scorch
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Scorch »

acording to a <a href = "http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview ... 48786">Hot Deals thread</a> on anandtech.com, one rebate requires UPC, and the other the capacity label, which are apparently two different things.

I'm still skeptical though.

Hey, <a href = "http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview ... 78">here's another thread</a> talking about it with some more info...
ccb056
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by ccb056 »

do you feel lucky, well do ya punk Image
Plebeian
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Plebeian »

The popup says that each requires the capacity label, but the one PDF I checked said that either the capacity label or UPC would be needed. So even if one does say capacity label only, then the other you can use the UPC on.

But you can never be sure......
Darktalyn1
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Darktalyn1 »

so what's the scoop cause if it's really 22 bucks im buying it...

i guess this is one of those sack up and try it if you dare kind of things ..
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

A mistake was obviously made. Legally it seems they must honor it. I would guess they will initially attempt to deny one of the rebates. So if you're the sort that can get on the phone and bluster and threaten you will probably get both rebates, otherwise be prepared for an initial denial. Just a guess but I'm not going to risk it since I already got a recent good deal on the Office Depot 120gig Maxtor. Thanks for the heads-up, Stress, it really is tempting to gamble on it but since I took advantage of Dell's 25%-off LCD deal again Image, I think I better cool my bargain fever before I bargain myself right into debtors' prison. Image

In suggestion mode, maybe we could expand the swap meet forum to include deals such as this. It might drive more traffic to that forum as well as offer a place to find these things for those that don't frequent the bargain BBSs.
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

There is no mistake. The rebate PDFs clearly state on them that one can use the UPC, and the other can use the capacity lable on the box (Different sticker) Times a tickin folks.

K, it will work on you motherboard. You just need an update.
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

cool, about how long will it take for my 200 bucks to return to me? never done bidness with dell before, are they slow as ****? ;/
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

welp, this morning they have removed one of the two rebates...
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

just noticed that, that pisses me off. I took a nap and was gonna order right now, but i only see the 1 rebate. even still, 120 aint too bad, but its too rich for my blood at the moment. thanks anyway stress.
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

Yea, noticed that myself that the second rebate is now missing. I followed the link to where it was from FW and a *Please Try Again* page shows up at Dell. The rebate forms are still available from folks that downloaded them (I have them) but it's obvious Dell is trying to backtrack on this one already. Very risky, imo. My guess is if only a few people rolled the dice it will get honored but if WD gets flooded with far too many double rebate requests it will come up with some legal basis to deny the second rebate and shut it down for everyone. I read on FW where the conventional wisdom says rebates are designated by what PO Box they go to and since both rebates are going to the same PO, WD considers them the SAME rebate, not two separate ones. But, no one really knows for sure until you try.
ccb056
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by ccb056 »

i dont know if the mods will approve, but i figurd dell would try to pull a fast one and take down a rebate, fortunately, i downloaded both of them and took screenshots proving their existance, here is where they are: http://ccb056.zapto.org/dellrebates
ccb056
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by ccb056 »

geez, they took the whole thing off
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

More speculation from bash... Dell is noting the time the rebate was removed. If you were fortunate enough to have ordered previous to then, you will get the double rebate. If you try to submit the rebates (downloaded from elsewhere, such as the ones I have) if your order was after the rebates were altered, you'll be SOL and Dell will have the timestamps to prove no second rebate was being offered at the time of your order regardless of whatever documentation you furnish to argue your case.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Kurupt, it'll take about 8 weeks for you to see the rebate.
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

Subject:
Western Digital Hard Drive Order Update
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 12:14:33 -0500

Valued Customer,

This note is in reference to your order for a 200 GB Western Digital hard drive that you have placed. It has come to our attention that duplicate $100 mail-in rebate coupons were posted online on the product page for this drive, although there is only one rebate available on this drive. We do not want any customers to have ordered this drive based on the mistaken assumption that $200 of rebates applied, so we want to give you this opportunity to cancel your order if there was any confusion resulting from the duplicate rebate coupons.

If you wish to continue your order with $100 in applicable mail-in rebates with a revised ship date, you may do so by contacting the US_DELL_Notify@Dell.com mailbox. If we do not hear from you within 3 business days of this notice, we will conclude that you do not wish to continue with your order, and we will cancel it. Please respond with your order number or customer number please.

Thank you,
Dell Notification Team
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

Rat bastids! Play hardball. Tell them your lawyer informs you you have a legal right to claim both rebates and see what they respond with. Image
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

HAHAHHAHA Suckers! I rule!!!!

US_DELL_Notify@Dell.com
To:
Subject:
Western Digital Hard Drive
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 16:37:57 -0500

Dear Valued Customer,

After further consideration, we have determined that the $200 in rebates will be honored on eligible purchases of 200 GB Western Digital hard drives ordered between September 25, 2003 and September 27, 2003. Please disregard our prior communication on this issue. We value you as a customer and will keep your order in process at the original online purchase price.

If you have cancelled your order due to the initial message posting and wish to reinstate your order, please respond back to the US_DELL_NOTIFY@DELL.COM <mailto:US_DELL_NOTIFY@DELL.COM> <<mailto:US_DELL_NOTIFY@DELL.COM>> mailbox. Due to the overwhelming response to this promotion the Western Digital hard drive will have twenty one days lead time before the item ships. We will be posting revised instructions for submitting rebate requests and will be extending the submission deadline.

If you would still like to cancel your order please contact us at the US_DHS_NOTIFY@DELL.COM <mailto:US_DHS_NOTIFY@DELL.COM> <<mailto:US_DHS_NOTIFY@DELL.COM>> mailbox. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you and thank you for your patience in this matter.

Whoooooooo Hooooooooo!!!

Lets see now...

246.95, -10% at checkout discount(24.69) = 222.26

add free shipping = 222.26

minus 2x $100 rebates = $22.26 total for a retail 7200 RPM 8 meg cache 200 gig Western Digital. I believe I can post this:

{*Down goes Frazer.. Down goes Frazer.. Down goes Frazer*} /Howard
Vindicator
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by Vindicator »

Mad props.
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

Congrats on stickin' it to da man, Stress. That's got to be a new bargain record for price/gigabyte. 11 cents! Image Now I'm pissed for not having the nerve to roll the dice. Image
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

nice.
ccb056
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by ccb056 »

damnit, i new i should have bought it Image
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Damn, I wish I had seen this sooner!

-Krom
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

Werd to that. What are the good bargain sites?
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Look no further then the anandtech hot deals forum...

-Krom
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

Fatwallet.com
salescircular.com
slickdeals.net

(The HD deal was ripped from fatwallet)
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

Mmmmm

Now to send in that $200 rebate Image
Vertigo
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo »

*ENVY*
ccb056
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by ccb056 »

/me runs over to stress's house and "borrows" his drive
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

rebate sent! Now in ... oh.. maybe 8 weeks when the check shows up, Im all over you guys in reviving this thread.. Image Just for you ney sayers.
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

for those that scoffed at this deal

Woooooohoooooo Got my rebate check today. SCORE on the $22.26 shipped WD 200 gig 8meg drive... Image

JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

Congrats!
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Beats my 59.00 for the wd 160g. Way to go Stress
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

They sure took a long ass time to ship it. Image Still, congrats man.