Norton 2002 on dual boot

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Norton 2002 on dual boot

Post by woodchip »

Any problems installing NAV 2002 on both HD in a dual boot configuration? I'm wondering because I think NAV read the bios and sets protective protocols and installing 2 copies (one on each hard drive) might conflict. Has anyone has successfully done this?
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I currently have it installed on 3 OS's in a tri boot config at school. No problems.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Just install Norton on each OS just like you would normally do with a single OS, update both of them to the latest software updates and virus definitions accordingly. Shouldn't be any problems, I don't think Norton recognizes anything more then the OS it is running on.

When I was dual-booting I neglected to install Norton on win98se because I used it very little being that its primary use was just for Descent and Descent II. I think this left me open to huge vulnerabilities later when I eventually had to reformat Win2k and use win98se as the default OS for a short period of time.

Then 98 got hosed with something because I never installed Norton Image

but yeah, just install Norton on both operating systems and get that biznotch updated.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Thanks!