CoolerMaster PSU worth $30?

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

CoolerMaster PSU worth $30?

Post by Testiculese »

It's for an 800mhz system to act as a fileserver. Will be running 24/7.

After just replacing my roof, I'm not into blowing $100 for a PSU. :/ So I'm curious if this will do?
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

well, we know it's a coolermaster and we know it's $30 bucks. But we dont know what model it is or how many watts it provides. We also dont know what kind of load it's going to have to supply for the server other then the 800mhz chip. You know, like how many drives are gonna be spun up at a time and are they big 15K drives and whatnot
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Fergot the link, eh:

COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power RS-430-PMSR/P 430W Power Supply

Two 120gb 7000rpm drives, miscellaneous fans.

While I'm here..can someone explain why Thermalright SLK800's Socket A heatsinks have disappeared from the market? Froogle shows 1 site..none of the normal sites (newegg, coolerguys, frozencpu) have'em anymore.
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

That will be fine for your system

Thermalright is a shady company with great products. They completely eliminate a product once they have a replacement and that is usually less then 1 year after they introduce a product
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Cool! I use Coolermaster fans, and they're fine, but one good product from a company doesn't mean all their products are good (a la HP), and I didn't want to get screwed Thermaltake style :) Thanks.
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

Coolermaster makes nothing :) Just a branded re-sale thing. Your fans are probably made in Shenzhen like 90% of all PC fans are.