John Titor

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Aggressor Prime
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

John Titor

Post by Aggressor Prime »

Do you think he is really from 2036?
Or just a guy trying to get attention?
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

I'm from the year 2442 where the world is ruled by oversized chocolate chip cookies and drinking milk is a federal offense punishiable by getting smacked around by the king fu psychoturkey. Image

What the hell are you talking about??!!
Aggressor Prime
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Vader: He's talking about the guy that claimed to be from the future about a year ago.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

I bet he's Amish. When Y2K was big news, the Amish made big money. Everyone wanted to buy generators and stuff, and the Amish run off of them, so they had huge stores. This guy is probably an Amish agent trying to set off a new Y2K-style panic to get people to buy more generators.
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

What I think is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.
Nexus_One
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Nexus_One »

<font face="Arial" size="3"> The year 2008 was a general date by which time everyone will realize the world they thought they were living in was over. The civil war in the United States will start in 2004. I would describe it as having a Waco type event every month that steadily gets worse. The conflict will consume everyone in the US by 2012 and end in 2015 with a very short WWIII. </font>
I got this from the website he posted at a lot.

looks like we better get ready for a fight in our backyard
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

Sadly, you can prove it's a fake from just one photo. Believe me, I wish it were true, but it aint.

The photo of the Laser Beam being bent by gravity is a complete crock. Let's work it out. That beam is VERY visibly bent. Now, Gravity affects all things equally, according to the inverse square law of distance from the object.

Now, if you had a object that created that much gravity - so much in fact that it can visibly bend laser beams, abotu 1 foot from the guy, then that gravity is so strong that's it's gonna be in the order of millions of G's.

Now, let's say the photo is deceptive, and he's actually 1 metre rather than 1 foot away. If the device is affecting the beam at 1 foot as shown, and he's 3 times further away... then he's gonna be faced with about 10,000 gravities at least.

Plus, what isn't obvious to people is that the inverse square law because of the extreme proximity means that the pul experienced by the closest point of his body is going to be many many hundreds of gravities more than the furthest part of him.

These are "tidal forces". The gravity would therefore stretch him most horrendously as he fell into the gravity well. He'd be strawberry jam even before the furthest part of him started to move.

Also, why is the car not crumpling into a small ball around it?

Occam's Razor applies. Simple explanation: fake.
Aggressor Prime
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Well, he did talk like his mind is mush.
Sting_Ray
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Sting_Ray »

Interesting theories, and highly plausable... but I'm sure anyone from the future would have said something about 9/11 instead of a company making singularities.

This is what happens when geeks with too much time are given free reign on the internet.

Oh, I was talking about John what'shisface, not you guys.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

You can't travel back in time from the future, only the present, which is now Image Since the future hasn't happend yet, WE that exist in this time are the only ones who could possibly travel BACK in time. Image

The only problem with this is that the past has already happend, therefor no longer exists, which leads us to the present where we already are. aw crap, looks like we just got here and now Image

What could possibly spark a civil war this year? Bush getting re-elected? rofl....doubt it.

Also to believe that we'll have the ability to time travel in the next 30+ years is completely idiotic, rofl.
Tricord
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tricord »

Tyr, that's a head-up-your-ass way of reasoning.

Mobi is right but goes overboard with his analytical dissection. He assumes it is right until proven wrong. I say we should assume these things wrong from the start Image
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by JMEaT:
What I think is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am glad you have finally realized that. The first step to greatness is first admitting to your self that you are insignificant.
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

Why does every document or picture look like it was either printed or taken in the 1950s?

We have digital cameras that can take very high res pictures. I imagine by 2035 that this technology will only increase...
Sting_Ray
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Sting_Ray »

Topher.. nuclear war.. only thing that survived was the company that makes time macheens and Xerox. So, instead of going back in time to avert the nuclear war, they went back to steal an ancient IBM so they can run Unix and stuff. Those guys are real geniuses. Mmmhmm
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Apparently my sarcasm was more subtle then I thought Image

Personally I don't believe time travel is possible, but thats just me. I might be proved wrong someday, but this guy is most likely a crackpot that got brainwashed by all the crap on tv.

SR's post basically sums up the reasoning for my viewpoint.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

These posters worship the scam,

http://www.anomalies.net/cgi-bin/bbs/ul ... =forum&f=9

Also scope out the posts from Member #2, I can't recall his name and the search function is down now.

Oh Oh it's Adam... here is a snippet;

http://www.anomalies.net/cgi-bin/bbs/ul ... 9;t=000894 there's more buried in there somewhere.

Ahh here;
http://www.anomalies.net/cgi-bin/bbs/ul ... 9;t=000840

The kid definately needs to take some little blue pills for sure...
KompresZor
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by KompresZor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by [NuB] Dedman:
I am glad you have finally realized that. The first step to greatness is first admitting to your self that you are insignificant.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all. Image

As for John Titor...It's the internet, you can be anything you want to be Image
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

Who needs analytical dissection when simple logic will suffice?

If Titor were from the future, the very telling us that there will be a civil war in 2004 will change what happens. If we were put on alert, we would stop it. Thus, Titor in the future would have never known about it and therefore could have never come back to the present to tell us. It's all one nonsensical Terminator-style loop.
T-Bone
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by T-Bone »

This is obviously a fake. I looked at all of the pictures of his "time machine" and didn't see a single flux capacitator. Image
Tricord
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tricord »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Solrazor:
If Titor were from the future, the very telling us that there will be a civil war in 2004 will change what happens.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Ah, but can you be sure of that? You are right of course, but you can not back your statement with this, simply because you don't know that for sure.
Sting_Ray
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Sting_Ray »

Well, by his reasoning, by going back in time you aren't going back in YOUR time, but back in an alternate timeline. Your past wont change because it's already happened, but if you go back into an alternate time line, it's actually the present. Or something like that?

But the main flaw in backward time travel is the fact that once you "materialize" in a past time period, there will be that much more matter in the universe than there should actually be. Since energy can neither be created nor destroyed, and matter equals energy, reverse time travel even if possible theoretically, would be impossible physically. Also, how do you go about "pushing" all the matter out of the way in the space that you materialize IN? you need to displace as much volume as you take up, where would it all go?
index_html
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by index_html »

So, in 2036 people can travel back in time, but they can't take a clear photograph, make a legible photocopy, or spell correctly? At least he adds the disclaimer, "Actually...Im not really a physisit." (heh) Silly man.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Tricord:
<b>
Originally posted by Solrazor:
If Titor were from the future, the very telling us that there will be a civil war in 2004 will change what happens.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Ah, but can you be sure of that? You are right of course, but you can not back your statement with this, simply because you don't know that for sure.</b>
Ahh, but just by telling us "it will happen", then he has already altered the future....whether its for the better or worse. Temporal mechanics is a real ★■◆● isn't it? Image
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Here's a quote of Captain Janeway of Star Trek: Voyager that I believe fits this situation:

"There's one thing I've learned about thinking about temporal paradoxes: don't." Image

(Please, do not post your approval/disapproval of the above series; I'm just giving a quote. Nothing to see here. Image)
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

yeah T-bone, that's why I think he's amish. No flux capacitors. You know the Amish shun flux capacitors, right?
Nitrofox125
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Nitrofox125 »

<font face="Arial" size="3">But the main flaw in backward time travel is the fact that once you "materialize" in a past time period, there will be that much more matter in the universe than there should actually be. Since energy can neither be created nor destroyed, and matter equals energy, reverse time travel even if possible theoretically, would be impossible physically. Also, how do you go about "pushing" all the matter out of the way in the space that you materialize IN? you need to displace as much volume as you take up, where would it all go?</font>
I think this is a fake, but there is a way around what you said...

The body is there just because the wormhole is still open. You don't actually transport your mass to the new timeline, the wormhole just "references" you. There's also lots of space, "pushing" the extra mass aside wouldn't be too hard. Also, air compresses, don't forget.
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Nitrofox125:
You don't actually transport your mass to the new timeline, the wormhole just "references" you.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So Titor becomes a global pointer! Image
Nitrofox125
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Nitrofox125 »

*Universal* pointer! Image

You know it's bad to use globals...
Sting_Ray
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Sting_Ray »

Wow, you said a lot of bullsh!t right there. Regardless of the fact that air is compressible or not... the matter that makes you and whatever means you are using to travel through time is more than is allowed by the universe. I don't think that energy that wasn't here before but now suddenly IS here is allowed by physics. Where will the displaced "space" go?
Nexus_One
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Nexus_One »

I think its funny that people put this much time into refuting his position of being from the future. They were obviously afreaid thay he wasn't lying, and were desperately trying to prove otherwise.. Those who truly didn't believe in him, just blew it off.
Darktalyn1
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Darktalyn1 »

Exactly. He is an idiot; his website and story are lame. Not worth more than a minute of my attention the first time I checked it out.. I cannot believe people are still talking about this dipwad.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Solrazor:
So Titor becomes a global pointer! Image</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wouldn't that also make forward time travl impossible?
Sting_Ray
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Sting_Ray »

Travelling FORWARD in time is possible. You're just accelerating your perception of time. Since time is relative to the observer, everyone else will perceive the time traveller as being super slow while they remain normal, and the time traveller will see everyone else as super fast while he remains normal. Everything that was there before will still be there in the "future" too. Hitting rewind is something completely different.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Sting_Ray:
Travelling FORWARD in time is possible. You're just accelerating your perception of time. Since time is relative to the observer, everyone else will perceive the time traveller as being super slow while they remain normal, and the time traveller will see everyone else as super fast while he remains normal. Everything that was there before will still be there in the "future" too. Hitting rewind is something completely different.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you have been 'hitting" something completely different Image
Sting_Ray
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Sting_Ray »

★■◆● please, you're just jealous cuz you can't get none of this.

Word
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

Actually, when you walk by someone's desk, they are growing older faster than you are because you are closer to the speed of light than them... Image
Sage
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sage »

I'm not really fat.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

a guy on teh alt.games.xcom newsgroup who creates the UFOUTIL program recently told us how he was getting all these emails from people on that forum. they claimed that HE WAS THE TIME TRAVELER. suppoesedly his credentials, that are posted on his site, have something interesting about them (in relation to time travel) and he has also written a few pc games concerning time travel. also his name is similar to the time trael guy. these people are idiots.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Topher:
Actually, when you walk by someone's desk, they are growing older faster than you are because you are closer to the speed of light than them... Image</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not true, since his closer proximity to mass (the desk) would yield in greater space-time curvature. Image