Violent Accidents!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Violent Accidents!

Post by TheCops »

When i was about 8 years old my neighbors were having a birthday party. They had an indoor pool in their basement that we would dive into from the first floor balcony (awesome house must've been rich folk). Any way I was gonna dive in again when I noticed the older brother of the house blowing a huge bubble on the outdoor patio with that stuff they had back in the day that came in a tiny acrylic paint tube and a red strawâ?¦ and the bubble would come out all blue and yellow. There were 3 panes of sliding glass window doors separating me from the bubble blower and they had just been cleaned that day, 2 of the panes had opaque flower ornaments on a string with a suction cup to denote they were windows. I was running at full force towards the bubble (with only swimming trunks on) and didnâ??t realize there was a window door in front of me because there was no suction cup thingy. SPANG! right into the window door. I smashed and bloodied my nose, fell on my back, and the window door shattered with tons of glass covering me. Somehow I got away just 3 tiny permanent scars, 1 on my wrist 2 on my left knee.

What you got?
s.
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by s. »

Drain bammage 8)
s.
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by s. »

see above--Car accident in 92'
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

When I was 13'ish my friend and I would constantly kick each other's asses (all in good fun mind you). Well one day I body slammed his arm from, oh, about 5 feet in the air, consequently, breaking it. I found this quite amusing. He did not. A trip to the ER and a week or so later revenge was his.

We were in one of our ass kicking bouts, as usual, this time he elbow dropped my head into the corner of a couch bed. It was all good until my eye landed on the thin metal roll out rails slicing my eyelid open revealing my eyeball. I was about one centimeter from blindness babeh.

A short while later we stopped kicking each other's asses. To this day we still joke about the good old ass kicking days. I'm sure it's just a matter of time though...
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

I changed dressings on bed sores.... do I get anything for that? ..I'm talkin exposed bone with a smell so bad that no one will come into the room or near it @ 50 feet. :P
Fusion
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Fusion »

Scars from stitches from years ago. Mainly hitting my head or being hit by something. Objects in question:

Rocking Chair I hit it
Sewing machine I hit it
Skipped Stone It hit me

Fus
*Javed*
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by *Javed* »

Two years ago, I was playing tackle football with a bunch of friends in an open playground. It was on cement, but there was snow. So I caught the ball, and I was running, running, this guy tried to get me down, and he kinda bumped me, but fell down himself. so I almost fell, and I tried to put my hand down trying to keep myself up. Since it was slippery, my pinky and ring finger just split, and went in opposite directions. Not only did I dislocate it, but I fractured it as well. The funny thing is, I didn't even know that happened. And since it was so cold, I couldn't feel it. I finished up that whole game, and went to the ER after I took off my thin cotton glove and realized that my pinky was not staying in line with the other fingers :P
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

When I was 2 years old, my older brothers (4 and 5 at the time) were fighting in the living room. Whoever was losing would get up and run through the kitchen, past the top of the stairs, and back into the living room (it's a big circle) with the other chasing. Eventually whoever was chasing would catch up and they'd start fighting, and then they'd chase each other some more.

I was walking around in the dining room at the time. Once, when they were both running full-steam right towards me, I tried to climb the back of a kitchen stool, and it folded up. My middle finger on my left hand got caught between two of the metal bars that were folding, and it tore up the skin and probably a lot more. I ended up in the emergency room with a seriously messed up finger, and my brothers ended up in the waiting room with seriously sore bottoms.

Every so often, when I go in to give blood and they draw out the first drop (from a fingertip) to test for iron, the technician will notice the scar and ask me about it. That gives you some idea how visible the scar is.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

When I was about 18 months old or so, I slipped and sliced my head open on a coffee table. According to my mom, when I was getting stiched up, the doctor was literally touching my skull. :o There's still a slight groove in my skull there; I'm guessing that's a result of the accident happening at such a young age, when my skull was somewhat softer. Other than that, the only other real injury I've had was when my neighbor kicked a soccer ball into my pinky finger and broke it; I was rather pissed at her for that one. :P
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

I was driving an old 2 1/2 ton flatbed truck delivering supplies to our crews up in the mountains on the oregon coast.
I had just dropped off a small amount of planting tubes and Bamboo planting stakes to a crew at the very top of this mountain.
I left the crew with my truck still almost completely loaded and headed down the mountain.
At the first corner I noticed that the brakes were a little squishy, I pumped them again and the peddle went to the floor.Great no breaks goin down hill.

No probem, I thought, I'll just shift back into second and find a nice shallow ditch to put the truck in.
I grabbed the shifter and accidently hit the up until this point non operational rear end air shift knob.What came next about stopped my heart.
The rearend decided to give shifting a try for some unknown reason, it groand and made a growling noise then a loud BANG! then nothing. and the truck started to gain speed.
The rearend had ended up in between gears and was freewheeling!
Ok so now Im doing 30 and begin to scan for a good ditch point. unfortunately there were none for awhile. Knowing the road i had planned my ditch manuever for a straight stretch a ways down the road.
I came to the corner before the stretch and had to slide the rearend a bit to make it (yes it was a damn lucky manuever). I looked at the speedometer and saw that i was now at 55mph!
the next corner was a 15mph at best so panic mode set in.
In what seemed like an instant my hand reached for the door handle and I opened the door. I put my left foot on the step platform grabbed the steering wheel at the 1:00 position and jumped out while pulling the trucks wheel to the right.
I tumbled then slide down the pavement and the truck impacted the bank and crushed the grill of the truck all the way to the winshield.the whole load ended up in the forrest in front of it.

I ended up scraping 6 layers of skin off my palms, mylower azz, my calves and ground off part of my ankle on my right foot.I spent thr next 3 months recuperating!

Really the only permanent scars are my ankle and the palms of my hands.
I was one lucky S.O.B!!!
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

When I was 12 I went up in a tree to build a tree fort for me and my buds to smoke our buds in. At the 32 ft point I set in 4 anchors to hang a makeshift hammock. I strung a boyscout poncho out and attached the 4 corners to the anchors. I stuck my bag down my pants and climbed in. I woke up 3 days later in the hospital with a severe concussion, a broken vertebra, and my body covered from head to tow with black bruises. I never found out what happened to the bag.
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

6" scare on left leg: fell on barbed wire fence from 3 metres up a tree.

.3" scar next to left eye: attacked by wild rooster at age 3.

.3" scar next to right eye: attacked by wild girlfriend at age 35.

2 x 4" scars on left elbow: surgery to remove osteophytes after a massive fracture dislocation in 1987.

6" scare on left ankle: Potts Fracture (left foot off) and 4 square inch scare on other side from infection.

8" scar on right forearm: ice burn from falling on snow at 40 mph while dosed up on acid in 1997.

Small scar on left forefinger when finger was caught in sewing machine at age 5.

I think that's about it - there's a few small ones which I forget how I acquired them...
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

Heh wayyy too many to post. Football injuries, stupidity injuries, little kid injuries. I've had every single one of my toes and fingers broken at least once one way or another. When I was three, for example, I was riding in the bottom of a shopping cart and got my thumb caught in the wheel. Or the time I was cutting something for the first time with "grown-up scissors" (not the little plastic kid ones) and I sliced half my thumb off. Or the time when I used to wrestle I got dropped straight on my neck and went numb for a few hours. Football stories don't even count, because I can't even remember how many times I've caught helmets to various parts of me, chop blocks, etc.

Thankfully, nothing ever too serious.
Liquid Fire
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Liquid Fire »

When I was about 7, my family went to a miniature golf place. At hole #10, I missed. Being 7 years old, I figured I could pick up my ball and try again. My younger sister, who had already gone, figured that she should try to hit her ball. She raised her club over her head (breaking park regulations) and missed, smashing the club into my skull. I stood up and looked around. Everyone was staring at me. I touched my foreheard for just a second, pulled my hand back, and it was covered in blood. Completely red. Then the pain hit me, I couldn't see because blood was covering my eyes, people waiting in line for putters started screaming...a real mess. Anyways, we went back to the place where employees wash up and the pain was gone within 5 minutes. After that, I was mostly worried about washing off my still-bloody hand.

A couple hours, one emergency operation, and a couple stitches later, I was good as new with something to show my friends at school the next day.

We went back to that place every year after that just to see when they would clean up the blood. There was a big red mark on hole #10 for about 6 years.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

busted my leg pretty good when i was 12. was riding my bike from the store one weekend, saw the drunk comin at me, tried to get away. I got thrown up about 30 ft, landed 60 ft away and had the bone pokin thru the skin, saw the muscle, fat and everything else. it was tasty.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Liquid Fire wrote:When I was about 7, my family went to a miniature golf place. At hole #10, I missed. Being 7 years old, I figured I could pick up my ball and try again..............
A friend of our's son got too close to one of HIS freinds at the driving range (he was 10 then) and caught a 7seven iron in the left check! :oops: cut clean through the cheek and borked two teeth. Th Dr. had to stitch it from the outside in as Matthew wouldn't let him stitch it from the inside. :roll:
Has a nice scar now.
BAAL
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by BAAL »

Ran into another kid at recess when i was in grade 1. We collided head to head...split my eyesocket in two...but believe me i was the one that got off lucky. I had around 7 stiches to sew me up....the poor girl i hit had something like 175 stitches, both external and internal across the length of her forehead.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

heh about 5 years ago 40 at the time my kids were trying to do headstands in the corner and were having a hard time, so Dad in his infinate wisdom deceides he's gonna show them how to do it, so I head to the corner wall and do my head stand and prompty herniate C-5,6 in my neck and end up in the hospital to get my neck fused and the disk trimmed, worse pain I was ever in in my entire life, guess my neck couldnt support my 250 lbs :P
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

Biggest pain was when i was eleven. I was showing off at my grans with a freind swinging on a bannister of a two story stairs. I fell down. I snapped both bones in my arm which popped out to say hello all jagged and surprised to see daylight. I up and fainted when my gran tried to pick the white stick away from the wound bless her.

Other than that. I was kicked in the face by an irate heifer resulting in two false front teeth and forty odd stitches. That was 10 years ago.
HaAGen DaZS
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by HaAGen DaZS »

i had a fairly intense gonad pain this evening.
bit of a crazy gig, and i jumped, where my nads came out in front, and got swuished by my bass coming back to my body after the movement...

ouch . :D
Bold Deceiver
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Bold Deceiver »

I was about 13, riding a skittish quarterhorse bareback. She was trouble enough, but my buddy thought it would be funnier than hell to shoot her in the hindquarters with a BB gun (loaded with straw). She bolted, but I'd been there before with her, and I hung on. She headed straight for the woods, and started trying to scrape me off at full gallop. That didn't fly so she bore down on a pair of pines that stood about 2.5 feet apart. She was about 3.5 feet wide. I knew she would have to stop.

She didn't. She shot between the trees at full tilt -- blew me off of her back and tore the skin off my shins. You could see six inches of white bone on my right leg. I started freaking out, but my friend assured me it was only white blood cells rushing to the site of potential infection. I bought it (god I was a gullible kid) and relaxed, until he poured the hydrogen peroxide on it.

Ow.

BD
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

I decided I needed to learn how to stop on roller blades the hard way. I lived on the top of a hill, with multiple ways down- one was about a 30% grade- they didn't even try to use it in the winter- so I decided to go down that one. the funny part is, about half way down the hill, the road Tee's, with straight ahead being and even steeper wooded portion hill. I didn't think about that until I was a little down the hill, and very quickly picking up speed. I decided to try a hockey type stop- throw your skates to the side and use the firction of the wheel to stop me. Well, that method doesn't really work on roller blades. (you either pretty much stick, with very little slide, or you catch the rails and the skates slide right out from under you) Luckaly, the second happened to me, and I took a good slide down the hill on one of my bare calves. I ended up with good road rash- the type where all the plasma keeps leaking out for like two weeks- on most of my left calf. The scar has pretty much gone away by now, but if I get in a hot tub/hot shower it will turn bright pink still.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

I was at the weee age of six when I had an interesting accident. I was at my friend's house. He brought out some old hose with the end torn off and decided to use it as a rope to swing on a giant walnut tree over a gulley. This went on for a good few minutes when I went for my second swing. I was leaning back so I could move as fast as I could. Well, little did I know that there was a tree stump in my path. I thought I was high enough off the ground to avoid it, but I neglected to notice how much a hose will stretch when a fair ammount of weight is applied to it. Well, turns out I was only a couple of inches off the ground, just low enough for the stump to slam right into my nuts. Needless to say, I sat down for a couple of minutes until the pain subsided. :P There wasn't any damage, other than my pride. ;) Needless to say, I didn't take my nuts for granted after that. :lol:
Fusion pimp
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Fusion pimp »

.3" scar next to left eye: attacked by wild rooster at age 3.
That's what you get for playing with cocks.

B-
Spaceboy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Spaceboy »

I was 3 years old, turned on the vaccuume cleaner, knocked it down,
saw a little rotating bar, and wanted to stop it,
so i stuck my hand in. ow. theres a scar that covers my entire left hand now.
Bold Deceiver
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Bold Deceiver »

Spaceboy wrote:I was 3 years old, turned on the vaccuume cleaner, knocked it down,
When I was in law school, we took a class called "torts" (latin for "wrongs", or something like that). One of our early cases was in products liability -- some kid (a lot like Spaceboy, actually), sat down on one of those hydrofoil vacuums that floated around on a cushion of air.

I'm going to need some help here, because I'm dating myself. My Mom used to have one of these -- Vacuum

Anyway, who knows who made the one in the case file, or what it really looked like, but this is what I remember thinking it might have been -- sort of an early prototype of same.

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNYWAY, the kid was apparently riding around on the thing naked for God's sake, and his, er, manhood slipped into the machinery there ... and you can sort of guess the rest.

"Send Lawyers, Guns and Money",

BD
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

heh.. I don't remember how old I was when this happened but my sister and I got the brilliant idea to play Tarzan inside a barn. She went first, and landed in the hay. I went second and took a slightly different course. I let go, hoping to land in a big pile of hay (I was going at a pretty good clip too), and instead of landing on hay, I landed on a pitchfork. *SHANK!* Right through my foot. Oh boy did THAT hurt. I couldn't stand up, and shouted to my sis to get the parents. theyc ame a running and I was bleeding like crazy. Funny thing is they decided to put a band-aid on it. LOL. That obviously didn't work so it's off to the hospital I go, bleeding all over the seats. A tetanus shots, ten stitches later, and a lot of screaming from me it was patched up. I wonder if they ever got the blood stain out of that seat...
Fusion
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Fusion »

Spaceboy wrote:I was 3 years old, turned on the vaccuume cleaner, knocked it down,
Bold Deceiver wrote: ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNYWAY, the kid was apparently riding around on the thing naked for God's sake, and his, er, manhood slipped into the machinery there ... and you can sort of guess the rest.

BD
Now that had to have "Sucked". (Don't blame me, it's my co-worker's pun.)

Fus :lol:
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

your co-worker would just love rip taylor in that cheech n' chong movie.

rip taylor says: "i got a new vacuum today. it really sucks!"
Jon the Great
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Jon the Great »

When I was about 3 I got knocked over by our German Sheppard which was taller than me at the time. The back of my head hit the sharp edge around the stump of a reccently cut tree I had to get stitches.

Around the same age, I tripped and hit my gums on the leg of metal table. My baby teeth were fine but now one of my two from teeth has a little dip in it.

Around the same age, I was crawling around on the ground while my uncle was making waffles and I decide to stand up using the waffle iron to support my weight. I burned my hand really bad. No permanent scars though :)

At just 3 years old I was the master of disaster. :P
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Jon the Great wrote:....... At just 3 years old I was the master of disaster. :P
LOL, sounds like my little brother. He got in so many accidents that they sent a social worker out to our house to "check" on us. :P

While the lady was there talking to my mom, my little brother (the topic of concern) came running thru the house and noticed a "new person" sitting in the living room. Still running, he turned to see who this was and ran smack into a bookcase, fell on his But and jumped up, laughed and ran off. The lady closed her briefcase and left. :lol:
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

Hahaha, Duper. :lol:
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

OMG that kills me Duper. ROFL
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

Duper wrote:
Jon the Great wrote:....... At just 3 years old I was the master of disaster. :P
LOL, sounds like my little brother. He got in so many accidents that they sent a social worker out to our house to "check" on us. :P

While the lady was there talking to my mom, my little brother (the topic of concern) came running thru the house and noticed a "new person" sitting in the living room. Still running, he turned to see who this was and ran smack into a bookcase, fell on his But and jumped up, laughed and ran off. The lady closed her briefcase and left. :lol:
Haha! That is so funny!
When I was, maybe around 4-6 yrs old,the neighborhood kids and I were playing hide and seek in my neighbor's clubhouse. My brother was IT and climbing around the walls of the house (it's 2 story and the top story is slightly smaller than the bottom, making it easier to walk around outside). Apparently he slipped and fell, I saw this while at the safe spot and, as some others, heard a THUD! We ran over to see what happened. He was lying on the ground unconscious. We kept poking him and he wouldn't wake up. Knowing that this is a serious situation and never heard of "Passed out/fainted" I went to the neighbor and told her that my brother is dead, and just skipped around the fences that divided her yard and mine to my house and went inside. I found Dad and told him that he's dead. He got up and ran so fast he flew over the fence and was with my brother in 5 seconds. Everyone who was there that day still remembers the day I said my brother is dead. :P

Several years ago I was riding a bike around the block when a driver driving a huge green van turned a corner and was on the wrong lane. The last thing I remember was the van coming head on to me. I woke up on the middle of the road, head spinning and ears ringing. Took me a few minutes to remember who I am and where I am at. I got up and started walking home when I remembered my bike. Came back and got it. Then I noticed I am bleeding all over. Bleeding from my head, arms, shoulders, hands and knees.I felt no pain, just dizziness and a dull headache. Went home and laid in my bed. Mama came by and freaked when
she saw me. Made me take a bath and some ibuprofen. I slept for 24-48 hrs. I woke up in between for changing the dressing of wounds and taking medication. I never went to the doctor :roll: When I finally woke up from sleeping, I looked in the mirror and saw a huge black eye on my right side. Scared me so much that I screamed at the top of my lungs. I ended up with 9 scars. 4 Still heavily visible, 5 not easily visible. Not a single broken bone. That driver never did come back. Took me a few years to finally remember whether or not he/she hit me. I actually got out of the way just in time.
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

you just humped the One entry found for impudent.

Main Entry: im·pu·dent
Pronunciation: -d&nt
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin impudent-, impudens, from in- + pudent-, pudens, present participle of pudEre to feel shame
1 obsolete : lacking modesty
2 : marked by contemptuous or cocky boldness or disregard of others : INSOLENT
- im·pu·dent·ly adverb

itâ??s ok to manipulate the english language. i'm sure the dbb is cheering.

it is a skill.