1.5 server through a linksys isn't showing up.

A place to deal with D3 servers, server issues, server listings, etc. Home Page

Moderators: Do_Checkor, Starken

TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

1.5 server through a linksys isn't showing up.

Post by TigerRaptor »

I don't know what I'm doing wrong here but I can't get Descent.cx or Kali to see my game. I've all ready forward ports 2092 to 2093 UDP. All ready have -useport 2092 is the D3 command line. Using D3Server v3.0 and game tracker is turned. Is there something I need to do in the router?
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

Gamyspy ports?

I'd recommend to read the readme of the servertool. At the bottom the port usage is explained...
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Do_Checkor wrote:Gamyspy ports?
Bingo. Eg. I forward 2093-2096 tcp/udp for D3 (tcp for telnet remote ctrl) and 20143-20146 udp for GameSpy. Each game running needs a unique port from each list. D3Server allows you to specify them for a game.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Still nothing shows up on any of the networks. I'm I suppose to do any thing with the computers IP address or something.
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

TigerRaptorFX wrote:Still nothing shows up on any of the networks. I'm I suppose to do any thing with the computers IP address or something.
well, make it static might help.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Ok. That didn't work either, and now it's starting to irritate me a little. Please stay with me I'm still open for suggestions.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Sorry to double post here but isn't there something I left undone inside the router. I know it isn't the software because I had one of the computer directly hooked into the modem, and sure enough the game hosted with no problem. I don't want to be a pain in the ass. But why the hell isn't this game hosting through the damn router.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Pick a *fixed* IP address for your hosting computer that's outside the DHCP served range of the Linksys (like 192.168.1.128) and forward the ports to that address. Make sure you reconfigure your host to that address. Use D3Server to setup the games, make sure the above mentioned ports are correctly configured for the game you want to run.