Josh 'Sup' Von - 'Satisfaction' - Ableton LiveSet Spring '05

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Sup
DBB Co-Founder1
DBB Co-Founder1

Josh 'Sup' Von - 'Satisfaction' - Ableton LiveSet Spring '05

Post by Sup »

Hey all,

In case any of you wondered what I have been doing now that I dont play Descent anymore, here's one
thing:

Dont know how many of you are into dance music / electronic, but here is a set of nine tracks mixed, edited and produced in a program called ableton Live.

It also features two of my productions.

Josh Von - 'Satisfaction' - LiveSet Spring '05

Download here

Most of the tracks have minor to major edits. Tracks were chopped, re-arranged, remixedâ?¦ custom loops were created and software instruments used to add new elements.

Track 2 - â??Satisfactionâ?? - is my remake of an 80â??s cover of the 60â??s song by the Rolling Stones.

Track 9 â?? Slowrider - is one of my originals. This is an unmastered near final version â?? I got it as ready as I could due to time constraints - sounds good enough for the mix so I put it in.

Hope you like it, let me know what you think

(and fyi yes I am 'Sup' on this board - am some variation of that retarded name just about everywhere i post have been for years) :)

--

Tracklist

Intro â?? â??Heyâ?
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Nice to see ya again Sup! You need to post more so we'll know you're still livin'. :)
Tetrad
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tetrad »

As a DnB fan, I can say this: You need more bass (the low rumbling kind). The first track felt a little weak in that department. And needs a faster tempo. But this is house so what do I know.

I really dig the song that's @ 23:00 or so (whatever track that is). Transition between tracks 1 and 2 felt a little slow, but still fairly well done.

Oh, and get better mics for the intro. :p

All and all not bad. On the whole not my cup of tea (house bores me usually), but more enjoyable than some CDs I've bought recently, that's for sure.
Sup
DBB Co-Founder1
DBB Co-Founder1

Post by Sup »

yeah, DnB is all about the big subbass - most other styles are not per say, so you wont hear much of that on this mix

lol @ the mics comment the intro is a goof

glad u liked it tet, thanks for the feedback

bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

Very listenable, Sup. :thumbup:
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

When I saw this I immediately thought "Push Me. And Then Just Touch Me. Till I Can Get My. Sat Is Faction." :D
SolidAir
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by SolidAir »

Benz and MD â?? Oneric - aurium
nice one josh!!

greg benz played at our proton party last thursday in miami during the winter music conference. he's great!

I need to call you soon, I have an unbelievable story to tell you that happened to me down there.
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

I likes
Sup
DBB Co-Founder1
DBB Co-Founder1

Post by Sup »

SolidAir wrote:
Benz and MD â?? Oneric - aurium
nice one josh!!

greg benz played at our proton party last thursday in miami during the winter music conference. he's great!

I need to call you soon, I have an unbelievable story to tell you that happened to me down there.

yeah greg is definitely one of my favorite producers, gets an amazing sound - cant wait to hear more from him

.. and yeah, that was a pretty amazing story ... lol man .. good times .. :D
SolidAir
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by SolidAir »

:)

great set!