New Players and Experienced Players ATTITUDES

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

I knew that someone flew as me in halcyon.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Well, 'newbie' is a relative term... :)
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

Beowulf wrote:I miss the days of the D3tl when teams didn't "boycott" other teams. Boycotting killed competitive Descent play. High ranking teams stopped playing certain other high ranking teams, so the high ranking teams beat the hell out of newer, less talented teams over and over, they get discouraged because all they're playing is the elites, and they quit, then the boycotters didn't have anyone to play because the newbs left, so they went inactive. Hence the D3tl today.

ROX and RIP killed D3. There are some other teams out there who boycotted too, but not nearly as bad as those two.

I miss playing D1 and D2 on Kali, playing earthshaker and playing athena and vamped. I miss when people had fun.

Dude, no disrespect but you dont even play anymore and as of now what does "RIP and ROX killed the d3tl" mean? if ANYTHING III did more damage to the d3tl then ROX could have bye concentrating the "better" players of Descent 3 in one team.
Not saying that i disaprrove but it makes no sense for you to complain about a team such as ROX when they're not playing JUST like you arent so stfu.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

I'm saddened that my team isn't being blamed for anything :(
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

III did nothing but expose how anti-competitive some of the other teams were, at no time were they ever rude or obnoxious but they still hardly ever get played because of the concentration of skilled players.

People said D3k had too many strong players and was no fun to play but if anyone looked at who the best players in D3k were they would notice that the best players were also very long time members and when they joined none of the other teams out there were interested in them. They only became the best after years of playing with the team and developing their skills.

Attitudes like players using ******** accelerate-the-game-engine speed hack in official D3TL matches against III are the latest symptom of what killed the D3TL; "It's ok to s$%t on the other teams game if they are better then you.".
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

III's fine by me, all i'm saying is its concentrated too much for most people even monkey and crown said that about d3k way back when they left to try and make theyre own team.
It was really just a reply to beowulf because he seems to think IIIs the all best-no-challenged team.
While he can talk about "his" team that he doesnt play for all he wants he has absolutely no right to bash another team like ROX just because they are inactive.
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

Krom wrote: Attitudes like candyass using redbones accelerate-the-game-engine speed hack in official D3TL matches against III are the latest symptom of what killed the D3TL; "It's ok to s$%t on the other teams game if they are better then you.".
*EDIT* post deleted by user

isnt accusing players by name against the DBB rules?
Because if it is'nt I'd like to go back in time when I was rash and accusatory and name a whole bunch of names. even if I didnt think they were hackers. :P
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

If you want I can just link to the relevant thread in the ServerOps forum, LMK.

I wouldn't hold anyone else in SQN responsible for that particular member's actions, I know how he acts and when I heard about that incident it didn't surprise me at all. The fact that he still failed while using the hack just reinforces the point that only worthless unskilled people use hacks.
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

Relevent?
I guess in a sense it is.
but then again you are accusing on the word of some one else.

I still stand on the naming names being against DBB policy, so really it doesnt change my opinion on your post.

I dont recall saying you were holding SQN responsible for the actions of 1 member.

really though, my issue is in the use of names mentioned in an accusatory fashion on the DBB not with the actual accusation.

As you know I don't have a sparkling past in that department so I'm the last person to complain.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

Also when so called "l33t" players accuse a "newb" for whatever means, Just because they cant seem to own them like they want.

Just wanted to let people know that i am tired of III's so called "best" accusing me of tweaking my connection especially when i dont.

If III is supposed to be an honorable team or whatever wouldnt it be askable for their players to be?
*Javed*
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by *Javed* »

^LOL
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

It's A not E FYI ;)
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=relevant
[/grammarnazi]

I've heard the same story from a number of the players who played the game and I believe them, not just one post, but I am not closed to the idea that it was just some odd packet bursting internet issue, unfortunately there was no demo or anything else to prove it so nobody will know one way or the other. So your point is relevant and taken.

The players who I have talked to and my own prior experiences with the pilot in question lead me to lean in the direction I did.

Just say "remove the alias from your post" and I will.
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

I don't necessarily agree on beo's statement fully... i dont think ROX really had the same killing effect on the D3TL that RIP did, ROX boycotted certain teams becaus eof certain players they felt were either not playing legit, or were just too annoying to tolerate. they agreed to play said teams if said players were not on the team.

unreasonable? yes, i think so. but it pales in comparison to RIP's "no way no how" stance. I've long since made up with those RIP guys and hold no grudges or anything. but we're talking about the past, and it was a huge blow to our team among others when we couldnt play RIP ever, or ROX unless we jettisoned one of our friends. at the time, they were the only competition except for when the bots wanted to play.

all in all though, i'd say time killed D3, not anyone in particular.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

kurupt wrote:....i'd say time killed D3, not anyone in particular.

That and a lack of source so that new things could be implemented. ... comone.. its been what.. 6 years? I kinda doubt that there is any money to be gained on d3 any further.. of reasonable quantity. ... but I digress. :roll:
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

Krom wrote:It's A not E FYI ;)
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=relevant
[/grammarnazi]

I've heard the same story from a number of the players who played the game and I believe them, not just one post, but I am not closed to the idea that it was just some odd packet bursting internet issue, unfortunately there was no demo or anything else to prove it so nobody will know one way or the other. So your point is relevant and taken.

The players who I have talked to and my own prior experiences with the pilot in question lead me to lean in the direction I did.

Just say "remove the alias from your post" and I will.
Thx for the correction, I was typing on the fly and just didn't go over my post. ;)

I think that removing the alias would really be the right thing in this case.
Just as you said, there is no demo of it, so no proof is available other than hearsay.
In the interest of keeping the DBB from becoming an accusation forum I believe its only just.
Besides there is a forum especially for that at the server ops board you linked to.
I think it would be best kept there.

As I mentioned, my only concern is for the DBB policy and nothing else.If in fact I am wrong about that, I will stfu about it and hold any further comment on this to myself.

Just my usual 1/3 cent.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

Hattrick wrote:Thx for the correction, I was typing on the fly and just didn't go over my post. ;)

I think that removing the alias would really be the right thing in this case.
Just as you said, there is no demo of it, so no proof is available other than hearsay.
In the interest of keeping the DBB from becoming an accusation forum I believe its only just.
Besides there is a forum especially for that at the server ops board you linked to.
I think it would be best kept there.

As I mentioned, my only concern is for the DBB policy and nothing else.If in fact I am wrong about that, I will stfu about it and hold any further comment on this to myself.

Just my usual 1/3 cent.
Done! BTW, you made me check the dictonary because I thought I might have spelled it wrong. :P
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

Scary, aint it?
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

heh hows that scary?
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

I mean, Confusing aint it?(sorry, TYPO!)