www.anticorruption.ca

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

www.anticorruption.ca

Post by Ferno »

Brought to you by Citizens Centre for Freedom and Democracy, this site sprang up to 'tell the truth' about the liberal sponsorship scandal.

discuss.

BTW, I found that link here: http://www.casemp.com/integramod132/int ... php?t=2476
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

As the ad questioned, "Will justice be done"? No, because you won't hear about it in the mainstream liberal controlled press.
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

Actually, Chipper, it's been sort of Canada's Watergate (much worse, really) and widely reported upon in Canada (within government restrictions). The American MSM, in contrast, does seem to be actively ignoring the story. That site says $100 million but I've read it has since been estimated to be as high as $350 million of taxpayer cash funneled back through bogus contracts to support the election bids of Liberal Party pols. Still, so far, it doesn't seem to have had much blowback against the Liberals. They seem to have a very competent (albeit corrupt) political machine and have weathered the storm so far.

That said, I've haven't been paying too close attention mainly due to the Liberal government imposing a media blackout of much of the investigation.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

If the conservatives were in power, there would be a mainstream conservative controlled press. that's how it works up here.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Ferno wrote:If the conservatives were in power, there would be a mainstream conservative controlled press. that's how it works up here.
Why would the press changes alliegance to what ever party was in power? Are you saying Canada has no press, just a Rah Rah club for the powers that be?
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

LOL! You actually make sense Woody :)
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Woody, from what I understand, Canadian TV is so heavily regulated by the government that it essentially is a "rah-rah" club for whoever is in power.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

woodchip wrote:Why would the press changes alliegance to what ever party was in power? Are you saying Canada has no press, just a Rah Rah club for the powers that be?
yea that pretty much sums it up.