HELP WITH KALI!

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Riot
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

HELP WITH KALI!

Post by Riot »

---------------------------
Kali II - Tracker Connection Failed
A connection to the Kali Tracker was unsuccessful for the following reason: Disconnect (port)

If the above error is related to your skey or tkey, please check your registration codes (File menu, Settings) and make sure they were entered correctly. More information on this error may be displayed in the main Kali chat window (click "Kali II" at the top of the index on the left side of Kali to display the chat message window).

IMPORTANT: Kali will not work until this problem is corrected and Kali is restarted. For more help try the Kali message boards at http://www.kali.net/bbs.
OK

I keep getting this error. I also get this error:
Kali wrote:Because Kali is a p2p service it's important that your PC be able to receive data directly from other Kali users. If you are not able to receive data directly, some of the functions in Kali, including hosting any non-IPX games, will fail.

Kali attempted a simple "firewall" test. The test failed. Your connectino wasn't able to receive any of the data sent by the test user. Check your internet connection to make sure all incoming data to your local Kali port (currently set to 2213) is permitted and try again.
UGH. Here's an error when I try to go to a chat room.
Kali wrote:*** Your internet port changed! It was 2213 but now it appears to be 61302. This is a problem usualyl caused by a bad or improperly configured NAT setup (a router or software used to share an internet connection). Kali will not function properly with this setup.

Once Kali starts the port number must remain constant or other users won't be able to communicate with your PC. Check your NAT setup and see if you can configure it to provide a static route for Kali's UDP port (by default it's 2213, but can be changed in the Advanced Settings).

Ok. Here's what I've got going. I'm UNFIREWALLED (windows firewall turned off) and behind a DMZ. I am completely open to the internet and it's telling me I'm having problems. Further, I turned off the NAT settings in Kali, and just have port 2213 enabled.

What's going on?
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

looks like a tech issue.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

I tried Kali again a week ago for the first time in a long time and got that same message. I forwarded 2213 UDP, and even tried enabling DMZ, but to no avail as well. Likewise, I tried disabling my software firewall. Kali appears to be either very finnicky or something with Kali broke again.

Router is a Linksys BEFSR41 with latest firmware 1.46.02.

edit: Whoops, sloppy typer.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Riot click here

Jeff click the same link above

tracker change! also read the static ip setup .txt file.

Then Ignore the Firewall test from Kali2 and disable it when it give you the option
Riot
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Riot »

BUBBALOU wrote:Riot click here

Then Ignore the Firewall test from Kali2 and disable it when it give you the option
I did change those settings, it's still not working.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

In router setup, forward port 2213 to your LAN ip, UDP only.

In kali NAT settings, enable NAT and enter your LAN ip at bottom part of it. Restart kali.

This works on Linksys routers since I've been doing it for yrs now.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

BUBBALOU wrote:Riot click here

Ah, thanks. Everything was actually working, but I didn't know that I could actually ignore the error message.
SilverWolf
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: HELP WITH KALI!

Post by SilverWolf »

I hate to resurrect such a dead topic, but, damn... For some reason I'm bent on getting Kali up and running again, and I can't do it. Just like everyone else, I have the ports forarded, and just like Riot, the Netgear wont let me use my IP address in a static route. Been searching all over the internet, hoping I can get some help.

Thanks,
SW
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

you could just give yourself your own static IP
SilverWolf
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by SilverWolf »

I tried exactly that. :( I created a static route with a destination ip of my pc, an ip subnet mask of 255.255.255.255, a gateway ip address of 10.0.0.1, and a metric value of 3. It tells me that "the IP address is invalid," without telling me which one. >_< Damned thing.
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

why are you setting up a routing table?
SilverWolf
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by SilverWolf »

"Router Table?"