There is anyone interested in using the D1 palette on D2?

A forum just for you old time Descent and Descent2 players.
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

There is anyone interested in using the D1 palette on D2?

Post by Pumo »

I want to know if there is someone here that wants to use the Descent 1 palette on a descent 2 level, cause i have a customized D2 PIG file that uses the D1 Palette (i made it).
I used it cause there is some great color in the D1 palette like the instense Blue colors and more purples and in conjuntion with the original D2 PIGs, your missions can be more variable and rich in styles.
So please tell me if there is some interest to try to post my PIG on the net for download.

(This is an exact copy of the same topic on Planetdescent)
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

Metal textures always looked better in D1. :) They look very washed-out in Descent 2.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

E-mail it to me please.

md2389@gmail.com
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Is your D2 hog version meant for players who simply want to play D2 levels with a slightly changed palette?

Does the D1 palettized D2 hog keep the general look of the D2 textures, or do some of them look totally weird with the D1 palette?

If someone would want to build new levels with better looking textures, the way to go would be to use high-res, true color TGA textures with DLE-XP.
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

No, this is not an HOG modification, is only a new PIG that you can call it from any editor like DLE-XP or Devil (although the palette doesn't load good in the editors, the levels look pretty good) and uses the exact same D2 textures but with old colors and the D1 textures that alredy existed in the PIG are changed to the ones D1 used. The PIG is named Default.pig and uses the Default.256 palette stored on the main D2 HOG file. So this is more for level editors than for players. But since i see some interest, i will upload it, so wait a little MD-2398, i will send you the link :) .
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Sorry, I meant pig.
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

Sorry for the delay, but i don't have my computer right now.

I hope maybe this weekend or next week the PIG will be uploaded.
Theftbot
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Theftbot »

I don't know if you know this. I beat you to a d1 pallette in d2 and PIG, I used it in my version of Total Chaos for d2(looks like d1 TC)