Stupidity + Tazer = BIG Pain

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Stupidity + Tazer = BIG Pain

Post by Duper »

Here's clip of a "typical" American attitude meeting a cops tazer gun.

What I want to know is, was her hair standing up like that Before or After the tazing. ... could be a market! ;)
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

Roffles! I'm glad that there's a small sliver of justice out there.
Tricord
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tricord »

How do these kind of tapes find their way on the internet anyway? Isn't that supposed to be classified or something?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

That's a really good question. The time-stamp shows it was summer of last year and these tapes are used for training sometimes. ..like when and when NOt to use a tazer. It migh have been "Barrowed" and leaked.

Just a guess.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

Apparently it had made local news back in the day...
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/ ... video.html
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Owned.
Tricord wrote:How do these kind of tapes find their way on the internet anyway? Isn't that supposed to be classified or something?
It's just a standard police video, things like these are shown on national TV every night.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Why do some people feel it necessary to give cops that much attitude? Even if she had felt (and apparently she did) that the stop was bogus and complpetely unjustified, she had to have known that the cops had superior firepower. I would think that if nothing else, self preservation would have compelled her to comply with the cop.

I work with an ex-cop. They have ways of "encouraging" people to do things that most folks have no idea about.
Defender
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Defender »

Dedman wrote:Even if she had felt (and apparently she did) that the stop was bogus and complpetely unjustified, she had to have known that the cops had superior firepower.
She more than likely felt that they wouldn't do anything to her in fear of a law suit or something.
That and she just had one helluva high & mighty attitude.
Pun
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Pun »

Hehehe. She had it coming to her, IMO. That is actually the perfect time to use a taser. The officer knew that a scuffle was going to ensue and if he got into it with her, they both probably would have walked away with bumps and bruises. With the taser, you immediately diffuse the situation by incapacitating the agressor without doing any long term harm.

People need to learn to shut the ★■◆● up when they get pulled over. Do what the officer requests and there's no problem. If she would have STFU and complied, she wouldn't have got her ass tazed.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

If you want to argue with a police officer, the place to do it is in court with a lawyer. not on the street.
HaAGen DaZS
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by HaAGen DaZS »

good show! what a ★■◆●.
her moaning is a little distubring, though. sounds like she's enjoying it a little too much. :o
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

lol stupid beotch, serves her right for givin the officer lip
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

haha stupid bish!!
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

Dedman wrote:I work with an ex-cop. They have ways of "encouraging" people to do things that most folks have no idea about.
sounds interesting. do tell!
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Nothing sisister really, just what they call pain compliance techniques. I;m sure anyone with the any with marshall arts training knows the same techniques.

It's just that a lot of people don't realize that the police also use these things. Like if you are being a doofus and are getting a bit too physical, they can take one of your arms, stretch it straight out behind you and bend your wrist backward back towards your body. It causes a lot of physical pain but does no damage. Once you are in this position, you become highly motivated to cooperate with the nice police man.

He also has a funny story about when he was caught in the middle of a riot.
Defender
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Defender »

Dedman wrote:He also has a funny story about when he was caught in the middle of a riot.
And you stop it there why?
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Cause I don't have time right now to type out a long story. I will see if I can do it tonight.
TheCope
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheCope »

I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that a police officer has to be tazed once before they can use the weapon, the same applies to pepper spray. Am I wrong?
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Ferno wrote:If you want to argue with a police officer, the place to do it is in court with a lawyer. not on the street.
Quoted for emphasis.
Vertigo 99
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo 99 »

TheCope wrote:I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that a police officer has to be tazed once before they can use the weapon, the same applies to pepper spray. Am I wrong?
I believe so. Wasn't that why the cop was saying something like "i've been tazed before, it doesn't hurt that bad."
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

TheCope wrote:I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that a police officer has to be tazed once before they can use the weapon, the same applies to pepper spray. Am I wrong?
My friend was tazed and pepper sprayed. He said the pepper spray was worse.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

A full 3% of the population has a rather nasty reaction to Tazers, they die. Some kind of different physiology in their nervous system or something makes the tazer stop their hearts.
They don't know why or how, but it happens.

I'm all for Tazers, esp. for "people" like that woman... but think about those numbers for a minute.

Thats alot of people that were ignored in the decision to deploy and use tazers.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Canuck wrote:A full 3% of the population has a rather nasty reaction to Tazers, they die.
If that was true, we'd be hearing about dozens of deaths per day from tazers.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Not to mention the Mobile BLS kit in the back of the officers car would go to waste..

Canuck's statistics, always incomplete and one half of the story!

Well then according to Canuck's biased info, we all have been tazed and 3% of us have died..

Schweet... taze me AGAIN!!!!
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

I'm sure he ment 3% of those who have been tazed guys. And there's always a +/- 20% margin of error when compiling statistical data like that.

No, I'm not saying that of those who HAVE BEEN tazed that a -17% to 23% have died. :P

lol

the former would not be a tazer then but a diphibulator. ..or however it's spelt. I'm late for work ;)
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

I still don't understand why use of a Tazer is preferable to threatening someone with (but not using) a hangun. And then blowing the fucker away if necessary.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

DCrazy wrote:I still don't understand why use of a Tazer is preferable to threatening someone with (but not using) a hangun. And then blowing the ****er away if necessary.
Because, as anyone with a toddler knows, a threat that is made without the immediate carry out of the threat if the given request is not complied with is useless.

In other words, if the cops just threatened folks with shooting them and didn't, pretty soon the public would catch on. The threat of being shot would no longer hold any power.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Hence part 2. ;)
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

DCrazy wrote:I still don't understand why use of a Tazer is preferable to threatening someone with (but not using) a hangun. And then blowing the ****er away if necessary.
Because they can't follow through with that kind of a threat merely because someone won't step out of the car, and they need to be able to follow through (without hesitation), like Dedman said.
Vertigo 99
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo 99 »

Well, it is true that about 50 people a year die from tazers.

However, how many people a year die from handguns?
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Vertigo 99 wrote:Well, it is true that about 50 people a year die from tazers.

or drinking
or smoking
or driving
or jetskiing
or handgliding
or skydiving
or having sex
or taking medication
or or or or oororororororororro

sh!t the list goes on and on before we even get to tazers
TheCope
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheCope »

To be honest I thought she was fishing for a lawsuit. But I have never been tased. Maybe I would cry like a baby.... for like everâ?¦ like a soccer player faking an injury.

I know there is a serious racial dynamic problem with police... but even when they smacked me at parties I perty much let them have their way. I guess I only know what it's like to be me.

The video would be more conclusive if she was cooperative from the start. She had every right to ask for the cops name, badge number, and car number. But she was downright bitching the whole time... and with a suspended license it's all over. You are going â??bye byeâ?
Vertigo 99
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo 99 »

BUBBALOU wrote:
Vertigo 99 wrote:Well, it is true that about 50 people a year die from tazers.

or having sex
Do you mean the actual act of fornicating or the STD's that could be contracted from doing so? Lol
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Yes three percent of the world's population has a physiology that when they are tazed die. Which translates to way more than 50 deaths a year by the way. You are assuming those three percent are committing 100% of the crime and are the only victims of tasing.

I got this from a medical professional who sees this stuff every day, so lets argue with a guy with three degrees and that has been saving lives since before you were born.

and why jump down my throat with these comments Bubbalou?
Canuck's statistics, always incomplete and one half of the story!

Well then according to Canuck's biased info, we all have been tazed and 3% of us have died..

Schweet... taze me AGAIN!!!!
Where did I say we've all been tazed? Just make crap up huh? You've definately been tazed one too many times already.

Nuck out.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

TheCope wrote:She had every right to ask for the cops name, badge number, and car number.
Any American citizen does, but she was trying to use her feeble tv-based grasp of the system to intimidate him into dropping the whole thing the entire time. I'm glad she got tazed! :D

Possible captions:
"A couple hundred-thousand volts works wonders on Denial victim!"
"Shock therapy successful in strengthening atrophied grip on reality!"
Lobber
Emotastic!!
Emotastic!!

Post by Lobber »

I am greatly disturbed by what I have seen here, and even more disturbed by the responses I've read. I think many of you would react much differently if this woman was your wife, girlfriend, or mother, or even daughter.

The police commander argued that if the officer had tried to pull her out of the vehicle, she could have hit her head and injured herself by falling, therefore the tazing was justified. However, clearly in the video the tazing caused her to fly out of her vehicle and hit the ground alot harder than if an officer were there to help her down. Therefore, his argument is fallacious.

Also, it was the first time he had used his tazer. I think he was abit over eager to try it out, and yearning to see someone like her suffer. He seemed to enjoy it too much. While I don't condone her breaking of the law, or her attitude, I don't think the police made the right decisions either.

I'm just glad I didn't witness that first hand. My initial response to seeing police brutallity is to try to come to the rescue of the woman, I guess that's just human nature.
El Ka Bong
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by El Ka Bong »

.. but, all her crying aside, all after all her denying aside, ... I'm sure FuXing Glad I don't live in her mother Fuxing County or Country .. !

.. and that was a "trained' professional doing his job .. ! ?... You want this guy patrolling your streets ?! where do you live to expect or hope for that ..? ..
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Lobber wrote:I think many of you would react much differently if this woman was your wife, girlfriend, or mother, or even daughter.
My wife, mother, and sisters are all smart enough not to talk like this lady did to an officer.

If I had, say, a daughter who gave an officer that kind of attitude and she got tazed, I'd tell her "honey, you need to respect the police officer. If you want to argue with him, do it with a lawyer present, not on the side of the road. When he's got you pulled over, he's in charge. You answer his questions and do what he says to do*, and you say 'yes sir'. I'm sorry you had to learn that lesson in such a painful way, but at least now you know."

* common sense applies here -- don't be pedantic and make me have to enumerate the exact conditions under which you disobey the officer.

Seriously... I don't care who she is or how she's related to me, if she treats the police officer who pulled her over like that, and then she doesn't pay attention to his "I'm going to taze you" threat, she deserves to get tazed.
While I don't condone her breaking of the law, or her attitude, I don't think the police made the right decisions either.
I don't see any reason to think they didn't. They pulled her over. Right decision. They asked her for her license and registration. Right decision. They arrested her for driving with an expired license as well as several other violations. Right decision. She refused to comply with the officers, so rather than fight with her -- which is dangerous for everyone involved -- they gave her multiple warnings and then zapped her rather than wrestling with her next to the street. Right decision.

Don't give me this "police brutality" crap. I didn't see them kicking her when she was down, breaking bones, etc. They hit her with an extremely painful yet harmless weapon because she was resisting arrest. That's not "brutality" by any means.
I got this from a medical professional who sees this stuff every day
If he sees this stuff "every day", why isn't it front-page news? Why aren't there 10,000 taser deaths over the past 5 years?

Google tells me Amnesty International claims there were 103 "taser-related" deaths between 2001 and 2005 in the US and Canada combined. Even if those were all legit taser-caused deaths (meaning, "related" means "caused", and you trust Amnesty International), that's gotta be way under 3% of the total uses of the things (Google says they're used about 100,000 times per year -- so we'd be looking at 12,000 deaths over tha time period, not 103.) And when we get down to those 103 cases -- about .025% of the total taser uses, not 3% -- every news story I can find says something like "the taser was one of several things contributing to this death. Other factors included high amounts of drugs in the system, fighting with the police, blah blah blah..."

Any sort of use of force can lead to death for someone who's sufficiently messed up beforehand. Is a Taser more dangerous than being wrestled to the ground or hit with a nightstick? Probably not by much, otherwise, this wouldn't be the first time I'd heard of this.

EDIT: unless, of course, what you're saying is "3% of the world's population are infants or small children, and if you zap them they'll die." I'm pretty sure the police don't use tasers on kids, though.
Lobber
Emotastic!!
Emotastic!!

Post by Lobber »

Lothar, why are your opinions always so wrong?
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Lobber wrote:Lothar, why are your opinions always so wrong?
Bait?