IDL Forums Up again...

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

DrEvil
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

IDL Forums Up again...

Post by DrEvil »

I have no idea why they were done for so long without anyone raising a ruckus. But http://forums.warpcore.org/ is back up, and I've fixed a few bugs in the version of UBB it's running. Anyone seen Karash around this century? Image
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

me, ty, and lothar are going to be the only people who have any idea what you're talking about Image

but thats great news!
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

The fact that theres only 16 people who are even on the Ladder anymore, probably only 4-5 of which actually play, would be a big indication of why nobody made a huge fuss over the forum being down.

If it could return to it's former glory and I had a win98 box I'd maybe consider returning to the fray, but that isn't going to happen. I'm REALLY shocked that Sirian and Karash haven't pulled the plug altogether yet. They're probably busy with more important stuff though, so, I guess whoever is still playing on it can have their one or two games every other month fun Image
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

yeah, i'd love to play some myself, but i've moved onto other games now that are really fun. also dont really have the money to build a system and buy a copy of windows 98 just for a d1 game every other month Image
DrEvil
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by DrEvil »

D1X should run on XP and Linux from what I know. Most people allow D1X in Ladder games from what I've heard.

I plan on relaunching warpcore.org in the near future just so it's prettier, a lot of people (relatively speaking) still use the mailing lists we host...
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

D1 "should" run on XP. It has issues for some people, and nobody is quite sure why.

heh, flood control is still set to 61 seconds...
Karash
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Karash »

I told Donut he could shut it down if he wanted to. Its pretty dead...

cheaters piss me off :/
DrEvil
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by DrEvil »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Lothar:
D1 "should" run on XP. It has issues for some people, and nobody is quite sure why.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even D1X?
http://d1x.warpcore.org/

What about D2X?
http://icculus.org/projects/d2x
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

I have both D1x and D2x working WITH joystick/twist functionality but the sensetivity settings they have in both are lacking from what the DOS based D1x and good old D2 allowed.

It is a slight hindrance playing those who still run on a normal DOS compliant OS and not being able to respond to situations as quickly as they do. Enough so that not being able to play at peak ability is a good enough deterrent from playing competitively altogether.

I've regreted the circumstances which lead me to leave the IDL, since out of all the ladders I ever competed on it was by far the best. Looking back however there was nothing further that could have really been contributed on my part. I was already one of, if not the most active player on there before it really took a drop off in players being available to play not to mention my time on Kali was becoming less and less abundant.

There was also a growing tolerance to certain things that wouldn't have been allowed 6 years ago IMO, but due to all the trouble there had been with certain people over the last 3 years, I can understand why a thorough investigation into certain things would have been extremely time consuming and the people who would have been assigned to investigate have been extremely busy with other, more important matters for a while now.

Was just inevitable when it comes down to it.

btw, Hi Karash, how goes things?
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

um....someone needs to look at the profanity filter and lighten that thing up. I put "a s s i g n e d" and it filtered out the whole word and it isn't even a swear. I still believe there aren't enough little children looking at this board to warrant a filter in the first place.
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

I have joystick issues when running D1X under WinXP. The polling seems to skip. It's as if it's rapidly going dead and picking up again. I couldn't figure it out for a long time so I just gave up.

Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2.

Also, joyfix98 doesn't work. It doesn't complete the calibration (might be part of the reason for the problem). Is there a way to do what joyfix does manually myself?
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Not that I know of...

I'm running XP as well but I don't get what you've described. When I was having so many problems under Win2K before things began to work I tried joyfix as well and met with the same result you've had. Didn't think it was going to work anyways but I thought I'd give it a shot.

I just make sure the device is properly calibrated under Windows and also the first gaming device in the list (Since I have multiple devices).
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

It is the first device and it is calibrated. Descent responds but it's just intermittent. =(