Read and write DLE-XP bug reports, suggestions and general discussion here. Home Page
DLE-XP Update Notification Thread
This thread has the purpose of being a news thread only, serving to notify people of updates for DLE-XP.
So please don't post here.
There is an extra thread for DLE-XP bug reports and suggestions here.
Download the most recent version of DLE-XP here.
This thread will be discontinued.
The DLE-XP version history can now be found in the DLE-XP area of www.descent2.de.
To open it, click on the version number at the top of the DLE-XP intro page, or select "Version History" in the side menu.
- Fixed: joining the current side with another nearby side did not work
- Fixed: secondary texture got undefined at times
- Changed: relaxed tunnel generator limitations
- growing/shrinking blocks did not work properly.
- added "quick copy" block command.
- Added new cube types "blue team" and "red team" to support D2X-W32's enhanced CTF mode.
- Level name couldn't be changed.
- Object counts weren't always displayed correctly in the object tool.
- When lines or points were split, the corresponding sides weren't split too, resulting in invalid child cube information.
- Fixed: Preferences weren't loaded at program start, but only when actually viewing the preferences dialog.
- DLE-XP can now optionally compute player ship/robot brightness depending on a level's segments' brightness.
- Fixed dynamic player ship/robot brightness calculation (results were too dark)
- Added horizontal and vertical texture flipping to texture tool
- Added texture alignment across side planes (experimental, may or may not work properly under all circumstances)
- Fixed: Cube lighting still erroneous
- Fixed: Program crash when aligning textures
- Fixed checking/unchecking "align all sides" not affecting subsequent texture alignment operations
- Fixed dynamic player ship/robot brightness calculation - again
- (Hopefully) Improved alignment across side planes
- Applied some more fixes to texture alignment across side planes
- Made "align all sides" check box value stay when clicking any of the texture tool's alignment buttons
- New: Check and fix in the diagnostic tools for another wall problem.
- New: D2X-W32 level type. Allows setting segment owner and group tags.
- New: Conversion of levels to D2X-W32 level type. D2 Levels will be cyclically converted: non-Vertigo -> Vertigo -> D2X-W32 - non-Vertigo when chosing the convert level menu option. You need to save a converted level to make the type change permanent.
DLE-XP 1.1.2 - 1.1.3
- New: Trigger type "teleport" allows teleportation within a level. You can specify several destinations. Only the segment is important, the side doesn't matter. If a teleport trigger has several targets, D2X-W32 will chose a target randomly from the list every time the player passes the trigger.
- Fixed: D2X-W32 specific segment types couldn't be set even in D2X-W32 levels.
- Fixed: If changing a segment into a fuel or repair center, segment textures were changed even if default texturing was disabled.
- Improved: If you add a trigger and have automatic wall adding enabled, type and texture of the wall will now be chosen appropriately.
- Improved: Visibility settings from the preferences tool will now be saved and restored when starting DLE-XP the next time.
- Fixed: You couldn't change the view settings in the preferences dialog.
DLE-XP 1.2.0: Added support for colored lights
- Says it all ...
- Fixed: Blinking/exploding light values weren't computed
- Fixed: Preferences tool's visibility settings weren't restored
DLE-XP 1.2.2 - 1.2.4
- New: You can now create levels with up to 1800 segments and 700 objects with DLE-XP. Chose level type "D2X-W32" to enable this feature.
- New: Added robot maker consistency checking to diagnosis tool.
- Fixed: Query message boxes did not offer a yes/no choice.
- Improved: Primary texture alignment across side planes.
DLE-XP 1.2.5: Per Vertex Colored Lighting
- New: DLE-XP now computes light colors per vertex. This means colors naturally blending into a level in D2X-W32.
- Fixed: Many functions that used a confirmation message in non-expert mode did not work any more in expert mode.
DLE-XP 1.2.6: Vertex lighting bug fix
- Fixed: Colored lights did not shine far enough.
DLE-XP 1.2.7: Another vertex lighting bug fix
- Fixed: Colored lights still did not shine far enough. We're getting closer though.
- Improved: Handling of hog sub files with wrong length entries by the file exporter (will not export to empty files any more).
- Fixed: Crash when using alternative layout due to color light controls not present (added color controls).
- Fixed: HXM data unknown to DLE-XP (e.g. custom models) wasn't preserved when saving a level containing such data.
- Fixed: Descent 1 trigger info wasn't saved properly.
DLE-XP 1.3.0: High res textures
- Fixed: Some light textures' ids weren't displayed properly in the status line.
- New: DLE-XP accepts textures up to a size of 1024x1024x8 (256 colors).
- Fixed: Program crash when adding segments or walls (e.g. doors)
- Fixed: Program crash when changing segment types.
- Fixed: Preferences settings only applied when switching to the preferences dialog
- Fixed: Side brightness and alignment reset when changing cube types although default texture application was turned off.
- Fixed: You couldn't set D1 trigger types and D2 trigger flags.
- Fixed: Crash when saving a level and not having called up the light tool at least once before.
- Fixed: Crash when textures (descent.pig, descent2.pig) weren't found.
- Fixed: Reactor tool constantly asking for a valid input if the countdown or secret return field was empty or contained invalid input.
- Fixed: Still crashing when textures (descent.pig, descent2.pig) weren't found.
- Fixed: D1 texture names not loaded in texture tool when loading or creating a D1 level.
- Fixed: Crash when exceeding a vertex count of 3600 (e.g. by adding segment #900 in a level consisting only of one straight tunnel made of 899 segments).
- Fixed: Custom textures being removed when e.g. aligning a side with custom textures.
- Improved: Custom texture palette matching.
- Fixed: Invalid textures when creating a new level.
- New: Wall type "Transparent", allowing to create impenetrable, colored, transparent walls.
DLE-XP 1.3.11 - 1.3.12
- Fixed: Replace function failing for certain (light) textures.
- Fixed: Color of transparent walls not displayed.
- Fixed: Deleting segments lead to errors in light color mapping.
- Fixed: Wall error checking reporting transparent walls as errors.
- Fixed: Light brightness maps reset to defaults when loading an existing level.
- Improved: Wall error checking and fixing.
- Fixed: Cloak value wasn't computed properly (100% in DLE-XP was about 80% in D2).
- Fixed: Cloak value wasn't remembered when adding several cloaked walls.
- Fixed: Color index of new transparent walls was always set to 63 instead to 0 or the value of a previously added transparent wall.
DLE-XP 1.3.14: Hyperspeed Tunnels
- New: Trigger type "speed boost" to support hyperspeed tunnels.
- Fixed: Changing a wall's type detached any trigger attached to it.
DLE-XP 1.3.15 - 1.3.16
- New: Segment types "speed boost" and "blocked" to aid in construction of speed boost and impassable no-spawn areas.
- New: Trigger type "camera" allowing to place cameras and monitors in a level.
DLE-XP 1.4.0 - True color image support
- New: DLE-XP supports true color images (TGA). If replacing a standard texture with a TGA image, DLE-XP will store the actual TGA file in the custom texture (pog) file and create a temporary bitmap representation of the image to display it during level editing. D2X-W32 will read such pog files from v1.4.6.
DLE-XP 1.4.1 - Colorization improvements
- New: Assignment of colors to light textures and not single sides of the mine only. This allows to colorize all lights in a level by only setting the light color for each light texture used once. Chose the setting in the preferences dialog. Texture colors can be transferred to light colors when calling the illumination routine by checking "create side colors from textures" in the Light Tool.
- Fixed: DLE-XP will now preserve the alpha channel of TGA textures.
- New: Segment type "No Damage". A ship in such a segment cannot be damaged, nor can it fire a weapon or drop a mine.
- Fixed: TGA textures not loaded properly from pog files.
- Improved: Transparent wall colors can now be set via the walls texture (assign a unique texture to all walls of a given color).
- Fixed: When saving/loading walls to/from extended block files, wall and trigger info could go bogus.
- Fixed: DLE-XP couldn't handle textures with sizes >= 256x256.
- New: Split cube command, splitting a segment into 7 segments. The cube to be split will be shrunk and be surrounded by 6 new segments filling up the space previously occupied by the source cube.
- Fixed: Buggy D1 door texture handling.
- Fixed: When saving a level with another name, custom files (hog, hxm, lgt) got lost.
DLE-XP 1.4.6 - 1.4.7
- Fixed: Texture alignment sometimes bogus when adding a new segment.
- New: "Stretch to fit" texture alignment operation will now work on all marked sides if any marked (if not, only on the current side).
- Fixed: Side color creation from texture colors.
- Fixed: Custom brightness values (.lgt files) weren't saved/restored properly. This bug had also caused light colors getting lost.
- New: You can now set a transparent walls transparency and make it a fly-through or solid wall. (Setting the transparency to zero makes it a solid wall the transparency of which is controlled by D2X-W32's wall transparency setting from its render options menu; this keeps compatibility with transparent colored walls created with previous versions of DLE-XP).
- Fixed: TGA texture support.
- New: Support for TGA images w/o alpha channel.