Props to hosts of the Von servers

A place to deal with D3 servers, server issues, server listings, etc. Home Page

Moderators: Do_Checkor, Starken

Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Props to hosts of the Von servers

Post by Lothar »

Major props to whoever hosts the Von servers. Nice level selection, good stable servers, generally enjoyable gameplay. Also a very nice ping (are these hosted in Seattle?)

Thanks to the Von clan.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

hehe . that would be RC. His servers are not too far from you Lothar. ;)

I'll let him know. he's on TS now.
Richard Cranium
DBB Supporter
DBB Supporter

Post by Richard Cranium »

Thanks! Yes these servers are in co-located in Seattle at the Westin. For those who don't know thatâ??s the major internet back bone for the entire North West. You can't get a better connection and still be able to afford it. http://www.peer1.com/en/index.asp
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Wow... it turns out most of my 20 ms ping to those is on my end. Here's the result from school (UW):

rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 1.759/2.324/6.819/1.055 ms, pipe 2

That's some serious hardware. Are you hosting those just for D3, or do they do other things and you just happen to have D3 running as an added bonus?
Richard Cranium
DBB Supporter
DBB Supporter

That server is hosting the VonClan website, another website, 8 D3 games, Teamspeak server, Halo, BF1942, and a couple other things too. It's a 3.2 GHz P4 Xeon with 2Meg L2, 3 Gigs of RAM, U320 SCSI RAID. I have room for a second CPU in the box if I ever need more power. All the newer Xeon processors are hyper-threaded so it better be fast! Iâ??m running this server just for fun and games but my ISP it costs me a small fortune every month. If you want to make a donation to the cause head on over to www.vonclan.net and click on donate.

RC
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

pssst. ... that would be 3 Halo games. ;)
Richard Cranium
DBB Supporter
DBB Supporter

Duper wrote:pssst. ... that would be 3 Halo games. ;)
Actually it's only one full time game on that box plus and Adhoc Halo server when we need it. The others that you are talking about are in other locations (Detroit). I'm looking in to a Co-location in New York or that area. That will take some time though and more than a few bucks.