Mousing on XP

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

NWRhino
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Mousing on XP

Post by NWRhino »

The XP/D3/Mouse bug has resurfaced, and it's one of the main reasons I quit d3 in the first place (as well as most of the {NW}, as all but roncli used mouse). Any idea how to fix this bug, so that I can charge fusion, use md, and use afterburner properly, without having it fire on it's own? Thanks.

:(
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

Heh. You quit d3 because of the mouse bug? I'm not a mouser, but even I know that bug is framerate-related. The solution is to cap your frames... OR to use a utility to map a mouse button to a keystroke.

I believe Logitech's mouse software allows for application-based profiles, so that when you're not playing D3 your mouse won't be typing when you click.

Also, the DBB has a wonderful search feature. :P I used the terms "Charge Fusion" and searched in the TECH forum, and found THIS thread for instance. :wink:
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Yeah, the mouse bug is cured by framecapping. If all else fails, cap and vsync to 60-75 Hz refresh.
NWRhino
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NWRhino »

It took some fps messing and mouse driver re-install but busted got it working for me :) Thanks