Control choices?

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Tancients
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Control choices?

Post by Tancients »

I actually have a bit of a cockpit setup (Not just for Descent or flight sims) Where basically I recline back, my legs are straight out, and the screen is above my lap or slightly behind, depending on position.

But I'm trying to figure out what sort of accesories would be good for this kind of setup? I currently use just a keyboard, as I don't have room for joystick and keyboard in my lap.

Something like BUBBALOU's setup seems really great, other than I'd need to modify/remove the feet pedals.

Funkystickman's is what I was initially looking for. A control panel type Joystick that I can sit on my lap, and not have to figure out where to put the keyboard.

Or maybe something like the nostromo + lap joystick. I guess I'm mostly not sure what would be the best setup, and I'd rather not buy the good equipment only to find out its not comfortable or not suitable.

Also been thinking about getting some VR goggles and use my screen for when I'm actually working. heh

Right now I use the default keyboard setup in D3...no trichording with ease for me. o.o

I'd prefer to use USB for all the controllers, I don't have a game input port, nor do I intend on getting an additional sound card. That basically rules out the SW2Pro for the time being.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Re: Control choices?

Post by Grendel »

Tancients wrote:I'd prefer to use USB for all the controllers, I don't have a game input port, nor do I intend on getting an additional sound card. That basically rules out the SW2Pro for the time being.
Assuming you ment the SW 3D Pro: phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=7090