Smoking Ciggarettes

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Smoking Ciggarettes

Post by SilverFJ »

Am I the only one who is a rediculous failure and quit for like 8 months without so much as a drag, and then get really wasted at a party and smoke a ciggarette, and wake up the next morning and you're a full-blown smoker by the end of the day?

I quit around New Years, not because of some stupid resolution tradition. I woke up the morning after and realized that I couldn't fuking breathe from all the Salem Greenlabel menthol smoke. This was doubled by the cocaine residue also inhabiting me (hey it was New Years) but it was enough to make me quit.

Then I gave everyone else ★■◆● for smoking. Now I'm a huge target and completely re-addicted again.

Make me feel better about myself, please.

bitches.
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

I'm not going to make ya feel better 'cause you're a tit for starting again.

.......mind you i gave up for eight years, starting from the first time i saw my baby daughters' eyes; then picked up the sh1t as soon as a crisis came along. I've been back on the wagon for nigh on three years now. Don't miss it a bit.
Pandora
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: Smoking Ciggarettes

Post by Pandora »

SilverFJ wrote:Am I the only one who is a rediculous failure and quit for like 8 months without so much as a drag, and then get really wasted at a party and smoke a ciggarette, and wake up the next morning and you're a full-blown smoker by the end of the day?
same here. Quit for 2 years ... then had a cigarette at a party. Now, three years later, still smoking and hopeless at giving up :(
De Rigueur
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by De Rigueur »

Sorry to hear about your relapse.

I've actually never used cigarettes (or alcohol or drugs, for that matter), but I am a life-long dieter. So maybe I can relate somewhat :)

I know it's sometimes difficult to find the motivation and will power to do what you need to do. If I ever discover the secret for that I'll let you know. In the meantime, good luck.
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

Quitting smoking is easy, I have done it hundreds of times :D

Actually, I had a one year quit anniversary at the first of this month. I don't even think about it ... but then again I don't run off and get wasted on coke biutch :P
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

Iceman wrote:Quitting smoking is easy, I have done it hundreds of times :D
ROFL it kills me every time someone says that :P
Iceman wrote:Actually, I had a one year quit anniversary at the first of this month. I don't even think about it ... but then again I don't run off and get wasted on coke biutch :P
Yeah, well, I'm sure you had your fun teen times :P
Lobber
Emotastic!!
Emotastic!!

Post by Lobber »

I don't feel sorry for people who can't quit smoking. You made a bad choice when you started, and now you're reaping the reward. Intelligent people do not smoke, or start smoking. I have never smoked, and I will never start smoking, and I will never have this problem. But now that you are trying to quit, the best way to do that is simply stop smoking. Endure it. If you really want to quit, then just do it.
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

Lobber you have got to be the dumbest smart fuqer I have ever heard of.
Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

Nobody likes quitters, so keep smoking!!
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

SilverFJ the day you wake up and realise you just smoked tabacco while wasted the previous night - why can't you just quit again right there?

"★■◆●... i smoked last night... oh well i guess i won't smoke today".

if i were in your boat i'd have a cupboard full of patches for such occasions.
Lobber wrote:I don't feel sorry for people who can't quit smoking. You made a bad choice when you started, and now you're reaping the reward. Intelligent people do not smoke, or start smoking. I have never smoked, and I will never start smoking, and I will never have this problem. But now that you are trying to quit, the best way to do that is simply stop smoking. Endure it. If you really want to quit, then just do it.
if you believe that the line between genius and insanity is thin (as most ppl do) - then all i have to tell you is that something like 70%+ of schizophrenics smoke tobacco, where does that leave your argument?

i fart on your argument and light it on fire :P
Vertigo 99
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo 99 »

woah dude, smoke all you want, just dont do coke again, rofl
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

Oh of course
It's good to stick to the naturals. Like shrooms, which made me mildly schizo.

That is, of course after I'm guessing what would be around 25 pounds and 250+ doses...
Buef
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Buef »

Don't think of it as quitting, think of it as a 'lapse'. Just make sure to start enjoying yourself again when your 80. Kinda gives you somthing to look forward too, there wont be much else.....
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

SilverFJ wrote:Am I the only one who is a rediculous failure...
If you keep spelling ridiculous with an "e" - then yes - you're a bloody loser.
Jon the Great
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Jon the Great »

Anything I could say would just make you feel worse.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Lobber wrote:I don't feel sorry for people who can't quit smoking. You made a bad choice when you started, and now you're reaping the reward. Intelligent people do not smoke, or start smoking. I have never smoked, and I will never start smoking, and I will never have this problem. But now that you are trying to quit, the best way to do that is simply stop smoking. Endure it. If you really want to quit, then just do it.
Lobber, you've obviously never been around, or had a family member try to quit. Let me clue you in buddy. Not many people can quit cold turkey. Its called an addiction for a reason idiot.

When you finally know someone trying to quit, the words "Living Hell" will be seared into your mind for the next few weeks. I can personally attest to that seeing as my mother quit smoking roughly 12 years ago. Even to this day she still has cravings.
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

Mobius wrote:
SilverFJ wrote:Am I the only one who is a rediculous failure...
If you keep spelling ridiculous with an "e" - then yes - you're a bloody loser.
Mobius, your own spelling sucks the chiz ... I sugest you STFU! :lol:
Muffalicious
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Muffalicious »

I did have a smoke free year but, same as you I had that one smoke and BAM, I'm a smoker. Yes, I had that one smoke thinkin I can smoke only when I drink. And well, it has been 3yrs and counting since that one smoke. See, that first year you are pissed that you are smokin again so you smoke more. Then the next year you just deal with the fact you are goin to smoke. Now I just plan to stop smokin. But, it hasen't been really seccessful. :) One day I will.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

I smoked off and on for 17 years. Been 5 since I've quit. I stopped once for 6 months then stress caused the re-addiction. I smoked another six years then quit again for 2 years. Starting a construction job had me smoking again in 3 months.

I finally decided to turf the cigs once and for all 5 years ago. You have to make up your mind and fight all the way. My dad quit for 12 years, had one puff and started smoking again for another 8 before he ditched them.

I now can smell smokers cars driving by me when I'm walking even with their windows up.

They now make cigs with "crack nicotine" greatly multiplying the effects of it, the delivery rate, (almost instant) and the addictiveness.

Edit;
Best article I've read on crack nicotine
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/article ... 2053.shtml
Lobber
Emotastic!!
Emotastic!!

Post by Lobber »

MD-2389 wrote:
Lobber, you've obviously never been around, or had a family member try to quit. Let me clue you in buddy. Not many people can quit cold turkey. Its called an addiction for a reason idiot.

When you finally know someone trying to quit, the words "Living Hell" will be seared into your mind for the next few weeks. I can personally attest to that seeing as my mother quit smoking roughly 12 years ago. Even to this day she still has cravings.
Thankfully no I have never been around anyone that had to try to quit smoking for which I am very thankful. I didn't realize it was an addiction, wow, I guess you really told me off. Gee, I stand corrected! :P
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Get a patch or something. The sooner you quit the better off you will be later on in life. Having a hard time breathing now? What about later? My dad quit almost 20 years ago and has been breathing better. But, every once in a while he has episodes where he coughs and has excess mucus. Typically thats associated with an ex-smoker when the lungs are trying to repair themselves.

So all I can say is good luck in trying to kick the habit and I hope to God you do for the sake of your health and longevity. Besides, there are people out there who needs to listen to your good music for years to come! :D
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

Lobber wrote: I didn't realize it was an addiction, wow, I guess you really told me off. Gee, I stand corrected! :P
Iceman wrote:Lobber you have got to be the dumbest smart fuqer I have ever heard of.
Vertigo 99
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo 99 »

my grandfather smoked during World War II, and that was all he ever smoked.

Years later, in 1998, he died of lung cancer.

(Not trying to sound like a "truth" add or anything here, i really dont give a ★■◆● if people smoke and feel like people should be able to do whatever the hell they want, but i thought it was worth mentioning)
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Lobber wrote:Thankfully no I have never been around anyone that had to try to quit smoking for which I am very thankful. I didn't realize it was an addiction, wow, I guess you really told me off. Gee, I stand corrected! :P
Lobber, if you don't know what the hell you're talking about, then do us all a favor and shut the hell up.
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

Grew up around smokers - both my parents lit up, and they were medical professionals. That's how things were back in the '50's. I tried the demon weed once in my early teens, decided it was disgusting, and haven't looked back.

Find a way, any way, to quit. Think of the money your burning up. Think of all that crapp your shoveling into your lungs. Visit a hospital where the emphysema patients are coughing up their sputum - damn, that would do it for me!
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

MD-2389 wrote:
Lobber wrote:Thankfully no I have never been around anyone that had to try to quit smoking for which I am very thankful. I didn't realize it was an addiction, wow, I guess you really told me off. Gee, I stand corrected! :P
Lobber, if you don't know what the hell you're talking about, then do us all a favor and shut the hell up.
Guys, calm down...

Silver, if you feel really bad about what you've done, then stop regretting and take action. My advice is to have a real reason for quitting. Take my reason for quitting as an exmaple:
I started smoking a long time ago because I just hanging with some friends and they offered me a cigerette. Didn't pressure me or anything but I took it anyways. Got addicted. For almost 2 years I was a smoker. In school, I was one of the fastest runners in my grade. I loved to run. One day my coach pulled me aside and mentioned that she was noticing how I wasn't a good runner like I used to be. My breathing rate was getting worse and I couldn't keep up for long. She started talking about all the possible reasons why this is happening... including smoking. At this time, I already knew that smoking can be bad for me and can affect how I run and control my breathing, but it just never hit me. I have never noticed how slowly I wasn't a good runner as I used to be.
I still wanted to run good and whoop everyone's ***. I decided to quit after thinking about it a few days. It took me awhile to quit... but I finally was able to get over it. Now I am disgusted at smokers... the scent that sticks on them and how it's hard to breathe when around them sometimes. Especially if you were sitting in a room and they came in and lit one up without asking if I didn't mind.

Silver, it's hard to quit. That's a fact. It's how you stick to your goal that counts. If you accidently smoked, stop, drop, and stomp it to the ground. :P If you don't think you can do it, don't stress yourself out, just smoke it and try again, especially if you dont' have a very good reason to quit. Until that one special reason comes along, smoke away.

Surgeon General's Warning: Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy.
Lobber
Emotastic!!
Emotastic!!

Post by Lobber »

MD-2389 wrote:
You don't get sarcasm do you?
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

Well thanks, Kiran. I know it's dumbass weakness that made me fail. So here's my motivation.

Chicks don't dig dumbass weakness.
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

SilverFJ wrote:Well thanks, Kiran. I know it's dumbass weakness that made me fail. So here's my motivation.

Chicks don't dig dumbass weakness.
Eh, true.

Chicks do, however, dig dumbasses with weakenesses willing to become stronger for them by quitting smoking.

That works quite well too. Smokers are horrible kissers anyway. :P
Muffalicious
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Muffalicious »

SilverFJ I will wish you the best of luck. I hope I'm a non-smoker soom.

Oh yeah....Lobber, this is a thread for grown-ups. So, come back when you have lived life. :o

:D
Sting_Ray
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Sting_Ray »

Chicks dig guys who are mentally weak.

Not being able to quit smoking is a sign of mental weakness.

Hang in there sport! Get some Binaca or some Icebreakers(c) and you'll be fu(see?)king manic depressive chicks in no time.

Proper.
Lobber
Emotastic!!
Emotastic!!

Post by Lobber »

Muffalicious wrote:SilverFJ I will wish you the best of luck. I hope I'm a non-smoker soom.

Oh yeah....Lobber, this is a thread for grown-ups. So, come back when you have lived life. :o

:D
I see, so according to you, one must have engaged in at least one addictive self degenerating habit before one has "lived life?"

Get a life!
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Lobber your lack of social skills is blatantly obvious. How can you judge others without experiencing what they are going through? What even gives you the right to?

No one likes a know it all, and thats what you make yourself to be here in spades. Obnoxious to boot too.

I have to agree with the others... STFU and grow up.
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

Iceman wrote:
Lobber wrote: I didn't realize it was an addiction, wow, I guess you really told me off. Gee, I stand corrected! :P
Iceman wrote:Lobber you have got to be the dumbest smart fuqer I have ever heard of.
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

Lobber not to be a dick or anything but getting a life normally requires going through some ★■◆●. You should listen to Alanis singing "Learn" and maybe you'll get what we mean.

Iceman: That cracks me up every time I read that quote :P :P :P
De Rigueur
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by De Rigueur »

If Lobber can make it through life w/o committing any major screw-ups, then I say more power to him.
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

Lobber wrote:I don't feel sorry for people who can't quit smoking.
That's 'cause you've never dipped into the devils' grass and experienced the pain of withdrawal. You're as clueless as i am about heroin users...same thing sunshine.
Lobber wrote:You made a bad choice when you started, and now you're reaping the reward.
Nail upon the head, you hit it good and proper, can't argue with that.
Lobber wrote:Intelligent people do not smoke, or start smoking.
Yes they do cherub, the finest minds upon this rock do angels within the devils grass like kids in freshly fallen snow.
Lobber wrote:I have never smoked, and I will never start smoking, and I will never have this problem.
I bloody hope so.

Lobbs. It's all about itchy boots sunshine. That's what life's about; sitting on the porch step, sneakin into somone else's boots, grabbing the leather at the top and hauling them on. Sh1t, it's bloody hard, especially when they're not your size or colour, but when you've got them on and you can feel the itch.... well!!

Same goes to others who are quick to judge.
Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Money! »

Lobber you haven't experienced what they have gone through so you can't really talk like you have experience in it... and no point being harsh about it. Its not like they don't know its bad for them, its just SO hard to quit that even with all this knowledge out there people still don't. Didn't Silver ask for us to cheer him up? :P

Silver, I know its tough, but apparently alot of people who have quit can take one drag and be addicted again. My advice: just try to quit again. I know its real nice havin' them back, but you will regret it later in life. There is no way cigarettes are good for you. Try and quit again bro.

Good luck.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Lobber wrote:You don't get sarcasm do you?
Oh, I get sarcasm. You're just too stupid to grasp what a moron you look like.

Seriously, who the hell are you to act high and mighty? You've never smoked, been around anyone thats tried to quit, so how the hell would you know how hard it is to stop? Every single post in this thread shows your ignorance on the subject. For a 31 year old, you're pretty damned sheltered. If it was so easy to quit, then why is there a huge market for gum and pills to ease the nicotine addiction?

Next time Lobber, THINK before posting.
Lobber
Emotastic!!
Emotastic!!

Post by Lobber »

Derail thread: Check. :D