Frost

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

TheCope
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Frost

Post by TheCope »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051008/ap_ ... eera_frost
By ADNAN MALIK, Associated Press Writer

MANAMA, Bahrain - Veteran British broadcaster David Frost will go on-air next spring with Al-Jazeera International, the English-language channel of the popular Arab satellite broadcaster, the network announced.

Frost, who broadcast his final "Breakfast with Frost" program for British Broadcasting Corp. in May, would be among the "key on-air talent" on the 24-hour news and current affairs channel, Al-Jazeera said in a statement Friday.

The statement quoted Frost as saying he was excited about his new job.

"Most of the television I have done over the years has been aimed at British and American audiences," he said. "This time, while our target is still Britain and America, the excitement is that it is also the 6 billion other inhabitants of the globe."

Frost's interview shows have long attracted world leaders. He notched 500 editions of "Breakfast with Frost" before bowing out.

His new network has had repeated run-ins with the U.S. administration, which says Al-Jazeera's exclusive broadcasts of speeches by Osama bin Laden and other terrorist leaders show an anti-American, pro-terrorist bias.

Al-Jazeera denies it holds any anti-American bias and says it reports the news objectively.

The English-language channel is part of the network's expansion. Al-Jazeera, launched in 1996 in Qatar, recently began an Arabic-language children's channel as well as a sports channel and another dedicated to covering live events without an announcer.
Does this matter? My opinion is that it's an interesting attempt at 'understanding'. I have preconceived notions on how the dbb will respond. Nevertheless, what do you think?
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re: Frost

Post by CUDA »

Al-Jazeera denies it holds any anti-American bias and says it reports the news objectively.
:roll:

the BBC and Al-Jazeera, a match made in Heaven
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

^x2.
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

Phoenix Red
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Phoenix Red »

Terrorist propaganda channel for children sucks for us.

I hate all TV though, I guess this is only worse due to circumstance.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Frost_(broadcaster)
Sir David's latest project is to present a live weekly current affairs programme for Al-Jazeera International, the English-language version of the Arab broadcaster, starting when the network launches in the spring of 2006. [1]
interesting, it seems that Al Jazeera is branching out into the International community (*points above*) to launch Al Jazeera International next year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Jazeera_International

i don't really know who this Frost fellow is. I think Al Jazeera is the bigger news.

http://media.guardian.co.uk/site/story/ ... 66,00.html
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

kindof funny that many Americans think Al Jazeera is pro-Al-Qaeda.

But many Muslims think it is pro-American.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

roid wrote:kindof funny that many Americans think Al Jazeera is pro-Al-Qaeda.

But many Muslims think it is pro-American.
Then I guess it presents balanced news. :roll:

Since I have never watched El Brazzera, I guess I should reserve judgment until I see a couple english version telecasts. The question is, will the english version reflect the same tone as the arabic version?
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »