pushbutton quiz: What religion do you fit in with?

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

pushbutton quiz: What religion do you fit in with?

Post by roid »

What religion do you fit in with?

gives an interesting visual answer.
(ps: 0% means you are right on the line)

i got:
You fit in with:
Humanism

Your ideals mostly resemble that of a Humanist. Although you do not have a lot of faith, you are devoted to making this world better, in the short time that you have to live. Humanists do not generally believe in an afterlife, and therefore, are committed to making the world a better place for themselves and future generations.

0% scientific.
80% reason-oriented.
god i love quizes. and knees!
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

You fit in with:
Humanism

Your ideals mostly resemble that of a Humanist. Although you do not have a lot of faith, you are devoted to making this world better, in the short time that you have to live. Humanists do not generally believe in an afterlife, and therefore, are committed to making the world a better place for themselves and future generations.

0% scientific.
40% reason-oriented.
Hahnenkam
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Hahnenkam »

You fit in with:
Agnosticism

Your ideals mostly resemble those of an Agnostic. You are fairly ambivalent towards any religion or spiritual connection. You lead a very busy life and find that religion and spirituality are unnecessary to your life.

60% scientific.
40% reason-oriented.
KompresZor
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by KompresZor »

You fit in with:
Taoism

Your ideals mostly resemble those of the Taoist faith. Spirituality is the most important thing in your life. You strive to live by all of your ideals, and live a very intellectually focused life.

20% spiritual.
0% reason-oriented.
TheCope
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheCope »

You fit in with:
Taoism

Your ideals mostly resemble those of the Taoist faith. Spirituality is the most important thing in your life. You strive to live by all of your ideals, and live a very intellectually focused life.

40% spiritual.
20% reason-oriented.

"if you say so!"
Stryker
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Stryker »

You fit in with:
Buddhism

Your ideals mostly resemble those of the Buddhist faith. Spirituality is the most important thing in your life. You strive to live by all of your ideals, and live a very intellectually focused life.

20% spiritual.
20% faith-oriented.
How the heck did that happen?
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

I can't take the quiz because some of the questions don't have the appropriate answers. For example, question #1 ... I believed that God created man through the process of evolution. How do I answer that one?
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Iceman wrote:I can't take the quiz because some of the questions don't have the appropriate answers. For example, question #1 ... I believed that God created man through the process of evolution. How do I answer that one?
I had the same problem with that question (among others).

I finally decided that it was asking something more along the lines of, "Do you believe man was created by God, or the species was a result of chance?", and answered that way - of course, that may have skewed my results:
Quiz result: wrote:You fit in with:
Taoism
20% spiritual.
0% reason-oriented.
Interesting, as I'm a Christian. :roll:
Tetrad
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tetrad »

You fit in with:
Atheism

Your ideals mostly resemble those of an Atheist. You have very little faith and you are very focused on intellectual endeavors. You value objective proof over intuition or subjective thoughts. You enjoy talking about ideas and tend to have a lot of in depth conversations with people.

80% scientific.
80% reason-oriented.
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

You fit in with:
Humanism

0% scientific.
60% reason-oriented.
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

You fit in with: Agnosticism

Your ideals mostly resemble those of an Agnostic. You are fairly ambivalent towards any religion or spiritual connection. You lead a very busy life and find that religion and spirituality are unnecessary to your life.

0% scientific.
0% reason-oriented.
Ha ha. LOL. Next survey please.
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

Foil wrote:
Iceman wrote:I can't take the quiz because some of the questions don't have the appropriate answers. For example, question #1 ... I believed that God created man through the process of evolution. How do I answer that one?
I had the same problem with that question (among others).

I finally decided that it was asking something more along the lines of, "Do you believe man was created by God, or the species was a result of chance?", and answered that way - of course, that may have skewed my results:
Taoism
20% spiritual.
0% reason-oriented.
Funny, I am a Christian also and I got basically the same results when I went back and used the 'check closest to the truth' method.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

0% scientific.
0% reason-oriented.
Bleh.
Jon the Great
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Jon the Great »

Interesting.
You fit in with:
Humanism

Your ideals mostly resemble that of a Humanist.
Although you do not have a lot of faith, you are
devoted to making this world better, in the short time
that you have to live. Humanists do not generally
believe in an afterlife, and therefore, are committed
to making the world a better place for themselves and
future generations.

20% spiritual.
40% reason-oriented.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

You fit in with:
Spiritualism

Your ideals are mostly spiritual, but in an individualistic way. While spirituality is very important in your life, organized religion itself may not be for you. It is best for you to seek these things on your own terms.

60% spiritual.
80% reason-oriented.

They forgot a 'depends on the situation' and a 'both' option, because half of those options i was like 'um i'm both'.
Garak
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Garak »

I landed:

You fit in with:
Atheism

Your ideals mostly resemble those of an Atheist. You have very little faith and you are very focused on intellectual endeavors. You value objective proof over intuition or subjective thoughts. You enjoy talking about ideas and tend to have a lot of in depth conversations with people.

40% scientific.
80% reason-oriented.
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

If only people could be pidgeonholed so easily. :P
Phoenix Red
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Phoenix Red »

Yeah this quiz is teh sux. Answering these questions in one word is unreasonable and generalizes beyond the point of usefulness.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Phoenix Red wrote:Yeah this quiz is teh sux. Answering these questions in one word is unreasonable and generalizes beyond the point of usefulness.
Agreed. I think the fact that the results for so many (including me) don't really fit their actual worldview just shows how inaccurate it is.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

You fit in with:
Agnosticism

40% scientific.
40% reason-oriented.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

At least we get some varity :)
You fit in with:
Humanism

20% scientific.
100% reason-oriented.
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

I did one for Mobius, here are the results:
You fit in with:
Inhumanism

Your ideals mostly resemble that of a frantic mouse. Inhumanists do not generally believe in an afterlife, and therefore, tend to be manic depressives as their lives are pretty much pointless. This commonly manifests itself in the form of various OCD's, particularly those which you feel make you look smart and important. Also common is a penchant to post irrelevant material on internet BBS's for the sole purpose of proving your value and pissing peeps off ...

0% spiritual.
0% reason-oriented.
J/K Mobi ... all in fun :D
Vindicator
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by Vindicator »

About what I expected.

You fit in with:
Agnosticism

60% scientific.
20% reason-oriented.
Flatlander
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flatlander »

You fit in with:
Agnosticism

60% scientific.
40% reason-oriented.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Phoenix Red wrote:Yeah this quiz is teh sux. Answering these questions in one word is unreasonable and generalizes beyond the point of usefulness.
It might be just me, but most online quiz answer options seem to be that way. Half of the time I'll just close the page because there isn't an option I would honestly answer with. Picking something somewhat close would only screw with the results on most quizzes. They're designed with vague answers though because quite a few people fall into polar extremes as far as results go. Either your quiz results are pretty close or they're not close at all.
You fit in with:
Agnosticism

40% scientific.
40% reason-oriented.
Accurate enough. It listed me pretty borderline between athiest and Agnosticism. The summary for Humanism would also be appropriate I guess.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

initially thinking that the quiz was slanted, i checked around the net for other people's results and saw that ppl really do get all kinds of results. so that's good.

really the the religions you are exposed to while growing up are the strongest influence of your choice of religion. as no matter what religion you ACTUALLY are, you could fit anywhere on the graph - there's a ton of (unshown) overlapping.

an interesting quote i came across while looking at what other ppl were saying about this test was this:
"it's a good indication of society's popular conceptions of religions".
and i agree, the graph really shows our common conceptions about these religions - the general popular opinion about them. but if you are a MEMBER of these religions you will know that they are a lot more encompasing.

i had a look at the questions and how they effect your results (i do this with every test... it's a sickness :P), and when i think about it they do make sense in how they effect the results.
eg: i initially didn't like the Faith questions, but when i really thought about it i could see that answering affirmative to them would require a certain amount of FAITH.

A lot of you say that you couldn't choose one or the other on questions, as Tyranny said this is a common thing with these kindof tests. Personally i think it's quite fitting when we are dealing with this subject. eg: i don't like to catagorise myself as Scientific OR Spiritual, i rather like to think i'm strong in both. Yet i can't deny i often feel the internal conflict caused by the 2.
makes us human.

anyway here's how you would answer to get 100% on any of the axis:
***Scientific*** (opposite of spiritual)
What do you trust more, your feelings/intuition or your logic/rational capabilities? Logic/rational
Do you often find different ways of expressing your own spirituality? - NO
Do you believe in any kind of afterlife? - NO
Would you prefer a career in the arts, or in something technical? - TECHNICAL
Do you believe that eventually, science will be able to explain everything about our existence and the world? - YES
Do you believe that you are more right brained (creative, random), or left brained (logical, mathematical)? - LEFT
Do you feel that you need to have a spiritual side? - NO
If you were about to jump off of a cliff, with only a bungee cord attached to you, what would you be thinking? - I wonder how many people have died doing this
Do you actively work out, and try to maintain physical health in all aspects of your life? - NO
Do you believe that the path to enlightenment/God, is within yourself? - NO

***Faith*** (opposite of reason)
Do you believe that man was created in the form of God, or that man evolved from other species? - CREATED
Are you a believer that you should try everything at least once? - NO
Do you plan to recant on your deathbed? - YES
Do you believe in capital punishment? - YES
Do you feel that you can be spiritual without having a religion? - NO
Do you believe that your own redemption lies in your own hands or those of a superior power? - Superior power
Do you consider yourself gullible, even a little bit? - YES
Until what age did you believe in the Easter bunny? - 10 or older
Does your opinion of something differ from that of your religion (if you dont have a religion, have you actively questioned other religions)? - NO
Is it important in this life to live every moment to its fullest, and try to do everything that interests you even if some people consider it immoral? - NO

***Spiritual*** (opposite of scientific)
What do you trust more, your feelings/intuition or your logic/rational capabilities? - Feelings/intuition
Do you often find different ways of expressing your own spirituality? - YES
Do you believe in any kind of afterlife? - YES
Would you prefer a career in the arts, or in something technical? - ARTS
Do you believe that eventually, science will be able to explain everything about our existence and the world? - NO
Do you believe that you are more right brained (creative, random), or left brained (logical, mathematical)? - RIGHT
Do you feel that you need to have a spiritual side? - YES
If you were about to jump off of a cliff, with only a bungee cord attached to you, what would you be thinking? - I feel alive
Do you actively work out, and try to maintain physical health in all aspects of your life? - YES
Do you believe that the path to enlightenment/God, is within yourself? - YES

***Reason*** (opposite of faith)
Do you believe that man was created in the form of God, or that man evolved from other species? - EVOLVED
Are you a believer that you should try everything at least once? - YES
Do you plan to recant on your deathbed? - NO
Do you believe in capital punishment? - YES
Do you feel that you can be spiritual without having a religion? - YES
Do you believe that your own redemption lies in your own hands or those of a superior power? - Your hands
Do you consider yourself gullible, even a little bit? - NO
Until what age did you believe in the Easter bunny? - 9 or younger
Does your opinion of something differ from that of your religion (if you dont have a religion, have you actively questioned other religions)? - YES
Is it important in this life to live every moment to its fullest, and try to do everything that interests you even if some people consider it immoral? - YES
Vertigo 99
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo 99 »

Your ideals are mostly spiritual, but in an individualistic way. While spirituality is very important in your life, organized religion itself may not be for you. It is best for you to seek these things on your own terms.

80% spiritual.
60% reason-oriented.

I suppose thats the closest you can put me.
Tricord
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tricord »

I'm smack in the middle of atheism. Sounds about right.
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

You fit in with:
Taoism

20% spiritual.
20% reason-oriented.
Umok... I'm Christian as well...
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Just scrolling through those questions, I'm not even going to bother with taking it. I don't think that a single one of them can really be answered with a yes/no. Something like this severly over-simplifies the idea of spirituality/faith.
Skyalmian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Skyalmian »

I don't need a silly quiz to tell me what I am. Agnostic, as I have known for a long time.
Thundercat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Thundercat »

Taoism
60% spiritual
20% reason-oriented
Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Money! »

What about a Judaism classification?

Apparently I'm Buddhist now.

"You fit in with:
Buddhism

Your ideals mostly resemble those of the Buddhist faith. Spirituality is the most important thing in your life. You strive to live by all of your ideals, and live a very intellectually focused life.

40% spiritual.
20% faith-oriented."

I do consider myself pretty reasonable though...
Sligar
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sligar »

You fit in with:
Taoism

20% spiritual.
20% reason-oriented.

When it asks whether I'd want a technical career, or one in the arts, why not both? Many of the arts are highly technical. And some technical careers are as much art as hard science. And some careers are neither in the arts nor are they technical.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Oh man, this cracks me up.
You fit in with:
Scientology

Your ideals mostly resemble those of the Scientology faith. You strive to find the truth in all matters, but you also have a lot of faith in people and things. You are very logical, smart and charismatic and you value the truth above all else.

20% scientific.
20% faith-oriented.
Rather funny considering Scientology is about the most distant you can GET from the truth...
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Sirius wrote:Oh man, this cracks me up.
You fit in with:
Scientology

Your ideals mostly resemble those of the Scientology faith. You strive to find the truth in all matters, but you also have a lot of faith in people and things. You are very logical, smart and charismatic and you value the truth above all else.

20% scientific.
20% faith-oriented.
Rather funny considering Scientology is about the most distant you can GET from the truth...
If the shoe fits... :wink:
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

You fit in with:
Humanism

0% scientific.
60% reason-oriented.
Uh... yeah.
Drakona
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Drakona »

Do you believe that man was created in the form of God, or that man evolved from other species?
I thought: Um... I'm undecided. Skeptic of both.
I put: Created. If I have to pick, that one seems a little more likely.

Are you a believer that you should try everything at least once?
I thought: Uh... everything? Heck no. I think I can go to my grave quite happily without eating a live rat, even just once. Yeah, yeah, that's not what they mean. Well, I do make an effort to try things before I reject them (i.e., foods, musics, philosophical perspectives), so I guess..
I put: Yes.

What do you trust more, your feelings/intuition or your logic/rational capabilities?
I thought: For discerning empirical truth? The latter. Relational truth's another story, but I guess that's what they want.
I put: Logic/ rational

Do you plan to recant on your deathbed?
I thought: What... the... ???? I don't plan to have any need to, so, um... no?
I put: No.

Do you often find different ways of expressing your own spirituality?
I thought: Sure! Prayer, study, charity, teaching, making food, doing math, sitting quietly... in fact, I don't draw a distinction between the spiritual and the mundane. Guess that's a clear 'yes'.
I put: Yes

Do you believe in any kind of afterlife?
I thought: Okay, an easy one.
I put: Yes

Do you believe in capital punishment?
I thought: A... political... question? How they score this (rational/irrational, faith/science) says a lot more about whoever wrote this quiz than it does about me!

Would you prefer a career in the arts, or in something technical?
I thought: Ah, right-brain/left-brain. That's easy.
I put: Technical.

Do you feel that you can be spiritual without having a religion?
I thought: Um, okay, that question is clearly predicated on some definitions or assumptions we don't share. I'm not sure what it means to 'be spiritual' without 'having a religion'. I guess there are people who believe in spiritual things that no one else believes in, but I'd say they are a religion unto themselves. And then there are people who are Christians but don't 'have religion' in the traditional sense. Taking the definitions at my own value, though, to be spiritual is to know God, and religion defined in an institutional sense still includes Christianity, so...

Do you believe that eventually, science will be able to explain everything about our existence and the world?
I thought: Hahahaha... sure. When pigs fly. The answers we have only raise three times as many questions. I'll check up on them in a few hundred years and see how they're doing, maybe revise my answer.

Do you believe that your own redemption lies in your own hands or those of a superior power?
I thought: Ooooh... sort of both. Mostly God, though.
I put: Superior power.

Do you believe that you are more right brained (creative, random), or left brained (logical, mathematical)?
I thought: Hehe. Any decent technical expert will tell you their work is art, but still, I guess that's pretty easy for me...
I put: Left.

Do you feel that you need to have a spiritual side?
I thought: Yeah. The same way I need to have a relational side, or a family side. I could live without it, but it'd probably be a pretty sorry life, and I'd hardly be an admirable person.

Do you consider yourself gullible, even a little bit?
I thought: Hahaha, what? What does that have to do with anything? Ohhhh... I get it, faith/reason dichotomy. Don't make me go on my 'faith is rational' rant through the deepest bowels of epistemology... Well, okay. Yeah, I can be pretty gullible sometimes.

If you were about to jump off of a cliff, with only a bungee cord attached to you, what would you be thinking?
I thought: LOL. What the heck kind of a question is that? I would be thinking, "Oh Crap Oh Crap Oh Crap I'm going to die." Ah... okay... those two answers look like they're fishing for emotional / rational. I'd probably be more in the emotional moment. I'd have done all the interesting analysis beforehand and would just be looking to enjoy the trip while I'm on it.
I put: I feel alive.

Until what age did you believe in the Easter bunny?
I thought: Hum. I never believed in the easter bunny, to my memory. Probably has more to do with my parents than anything else--they always presented the easter bunny, santa claus, the tooth fairy, etc., as a make-believe game.
I put: 9 or younger.

Do you actively work out, and try to maintain physical health in all aspects of your life?
I thought: Nah. I've got better things to do, like posting on internet bulliten boards. I do take my mental fitness very seriously, though.

Do you believe that the path to enlightenment/God, is within yourself?
I thought: In the sense that it is spiritual, yes. But does it originate with you? No. It originates with God. God is always previous.

Does your opinion of something differ from that of your religion (if you dont have a religion, have you actively questioned other religions)?
I thought: Hmm. Strictly speaking, this is asking if my beliefs are self-contradictory--that is, if I say I am a Christian and do not hold to essential Christian beliefs. Hodge-podge religions are generally very self-contradictory or naive, so I can't imagine this would be a good thing. Have I actively questioned religions, though? Constantly--mine and everyone else's. I hold essential Christian beliefs, but I believe a lot of unusual or even unique things where non-essentials are concerned. I still hold the majority of the beliefs I was taught in the church I attended as a child, but only because I have heavily tested them and believe they are correct. My methodology of Biblical study is quite different, though. Ummm.... *flips coin*...

Is it important in this life to live every moment to its fullest, and try to do everything that interests you even if some people consider it immoral?
I thought: You mean, am I a hedonist? Heck no, or at least, I try not to be. "Some" people? I guess I'm not against doing things that "some" people consider immoral, but I try to avoid it if I'm around them and I do not have opposint morals.

--------------------

You fit in with:
Buddhism

0% scientific.
20% faith-oriented.
---------------------

I thought: Uh... sure, whatever. I guess the description works, except for the Buddhism part.

The fact that this quiz selects a religion based on whether you 'fit in' rather than whether you find its tenets reasonable says a lot about its creator. I don't particularly 'fit in' as a Christian at all--in fact, Christian scholars are outsiders, a lot of the time. But I think Christianity is true.
Repo Man
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Repo Man »

Iceman wrote:
Taoism
20% spiritual.
0% reason-oriented.
Yep, I'm a Christian also, and I got the exact same results. And most people would slap the "fundamentalist" label on me. Whoever set up the quiz betrays a lot of imbecilic stereotypes he or she holds regarding Christianity. Oh well, it was good for laugh.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Some stupid quiz wrote:80% scientific.
0% reason-oriented.
Page2! (Remember when there used to be a craze whenever someone brought a thread to page 2? :D)