Descent 1 for D3

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

DescentMan04
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Descent 1 for D3

Post by DescentMan04 »

Im sure this has been mentioned countless times and im sure that people prolly think D3 sucks by now and prolly wont ever do it but I think itd be cool if someone re-did all the D1 levels for D3 BUT not simply recreate them and make them flashy for D3 cuz D1x already does a nice job of that, merely they should make them similar in nature to the levels in D1 but make them with an all new look and have new features that take advantage of most if not all D3 has to offer, basically giving old die hard D1 fans a totally new experience but still feel like they are playing the old levels all over again. I think itd be cool to see all the D1 weapons, power ups and robots in D3 style. I just think this would be totally awesome. So far ive only seen that half completed Lunar MN0012 level *which with alot of extra work couldve been really awesome* and that recreation of the D1 first level which went by rather fast but was really cool. I just wanna see what yall think of this. If not D1 then maybe D2 would be better for this sort of endeavor because some may like that game more than the first.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Um, for future reference, the period key will not bite you if you use it.

Go play Indika to see what D1 levels are like in D3. Then compare it to, say, Halcyon. The gameplay dynamics are so different.
ccb056
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by ccb056 »

I count 5 periods
Floyd
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Floyd »

there are already a few remakes. i don't remember them all but these are a few of them: burning indika, d-day, vamped, minerva in various versions, one level of the chaos level set (not really released but still done)

as for the other levels: grab the latest descent 3 editor and go ahead and be that "someone" ;).
DescentMan04
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Descent 1 For D3

Post by DescentMan04 »

I would make a D1 level for D3 but for now I really dont understand the whole D3 editor alot, I mean im sure its really easy n all but I just really wouldnt know where to start and even if I did make a D1 level, itd prolly have more D3 robots in it than D1 robots because I dont know how to make any and they prolly wouldnt look very good if I did and all id be able to use for a D1 robot is the class 1 drone and maybe some of those ones from some of the other D1 levels for D3 *class 2 drone, small hulk and medium lifter*. I wonder if its as easy to make a D3 level as it is to make a D1/D2 level? I have the mission builder for D1/D2 and I used to use it all the time and made some good levels *sorry guys dont have em anymore* and i think itd be cool to be able to make some levels for D3 as well. Ill try to check out some of those other levels yall suggested though and maybe after a while I can make some of my own.
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

can I direct you to this thread?
phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1103
DescentMan04
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Descent 1 for D3

Post by DescentMan04 »

That was an interesting thread. I was thinking more of an idea for descent 1 though and this seems to be more of something for descent 2, its helpful though, although it does seem like some people have problems with D3edit because it seems to be rather complicated for them and im not a real big term person so I wouldnt be able to really grasp alot of the terms and other things that youd need to know to make a d3 level, I could do it with d1/d2 levels because they were basically cubes but this seems a bit more so I mean I dunno but it was interesting though.
Gremalcon
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gremalcon »

I don't know about periods but paragraphs are nice. Breaking up long posts makes them easier to read, thats for sure.

So where can I find all those D1 remakes? I never played it and it would be cool to give it a go.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Santrix
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Santrix »

wasn't the only D1 remake cancled after only making Lunar Outpost 1?
Gremalcon
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gremalcon »

If that is so, I am not too disappointed. If the files are only found on fileplanet, then I will do without. I hate trying to dl from there. They forgot the kiss principle when they designed their dl setup.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

dude.... you flunked English .. huh?
Gremalcon
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gremalcon »

No, I did right well in english. However, that has nothing to do with their pain in the @ss dl setup. I hate fileplanet. I really hate waiting for over an hour to dl some crappy little 235kb file too. There are too many hosts out there that have no wait times for dl, to bother with fileplanet and their sorry setup.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

A lot of other big file places like FileShack require logins to download files. Not all of them have the stupid waiting queues though.
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

Man, go to my site for levels, I like Pooterman give you direct access to our files. When I add an upload feature I was forced into using a simple registration.

KISS is a great principle. one that I have tried to keep in mind as I rebuild KoolBear's Descent.

And if I have missed a period, overlooked a comma or mispelled a word then KEEP it to yourself :)

That is all :wink: