Just who are your Neighbors

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Just who are your Neighbors

Post by woodchip »

A little link to find your local sex offendor. While there didn't appear to be any near me, there were about 13 within a mile of a local elementary school.
You have to zoom in to level three then click the little bar thingy at the top:

http://www.mapsexoffenders.com/
Sting_Ray
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Sting_Ray »

It's even worse when you find your step-father on that list...

Ouch.
TheCope
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheCope »

3 in my zipcode. i thought for sure it would be more than that.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

!!!

12 in my zip-code. One within 3 miles. And he is an earshot away from a middle school.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

anyone have any mannequin lovers nearby?
Top Wop wrote:!!!

12 in my zip-code. One within 3 miles. And he is an earshot away from a middle school.
in australia convicted pedophiles are not allowed to live within a certain distance from a school. you guys should have something similar.
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

9 within 2 miles of my house... I live in a small town... Ugh.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Yea, but 'sex-offender' could be a guy taking a leak on a tree, a woman sees him and calls the police.
Hahnenkam
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Hahnenkam »

Testiculese wrote:Yea, but 'sex-offender' could be a guy taking a leak on a tree, a woman sees him and calls the police.
My state lists the offense along with name and picture when available. I'm guessing "victim under age 13" means the guy didn't pee on a tree.
will_kill
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by will_kill »

Testiculese wrote:Yea, but 'sex-offender' could be a guy taking a leak on a tree, a woman sees him and calls the police.

I beat some guy down for takin a piss on a tree in front of my family @ a local park. There is a time and a place for all things...and exposing yourself in public is not what I call the "right time" or the "right place".

edit: wow, just did the search and there are five of those freakin' monsters around here...one just around the corner from me. hmmmm, let's see what games we can play.... :twisted:
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

WOW way to minimumize a serious thing Testi. if you had Daughters then you might feel differetly
Pun
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Pun »

6 in the village I live in. One is 4 blocks away.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

I got one guy living in my subdivision. I wish they would give more information on what these guys did. My guy was nailed for attempted sodomy. Maybe he tried to get freaky with his 17 1/2 year old girl friend. Or maybe he tried to get freaky with his male lover and got caught. Either way he wouldn't be a threat to my daughter. On the other hand, he may have a thing for little kids. I just don't know. I guess in this case, it pays to think the worst and keep an eye on him.
will_kill
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by will_kill »

Dedman wrote:I got one guy living in my subdivision. I wish they would give more information on what these guys did. My guy was nailed for attempted sodomy. Maybe he tried to get freaky with his 17 1/2 year old girl friend. Or maybe he tried to get freaky with his male lover and got caught. Either way he wouldn't be a threat to my daughter. On the other hand, he may have a thing for little kids. I just don't know. I guess in this case, it pays to think the worst and keep an eye on him.

hell, do what I'm gunna do...go knock on his door and ask, making him fully aware that you know where he lives and what type of individual he is.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

One living immediately behind the local elementary school. I mean IMMEDIATELY BEHIND as in ACROSS THE STREET.

God Damn.
will_kill
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by will_kill »

For all you peeps finding these perverts living within the area of schools and stuff, please get on the horn to your local authorities and proclaim loudly about this. This is a thing that should not be.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

I'm not minimalizing anything, just saying just because they're on the list doesn't 100% make them pedophile raping monsters. (Perhaps that list is only for that type, it doesn't load for me, so I cant' see.)

What I was referring to is a true story. Guy out on a Friday night, stops for a leak, and two women pass by, call the cops, who I guess where right nearby anyway, haul the guy off to jail for exposure. Nowadays, that's automatically registered for sex offender, no?

How many people are/were in jail for things that aren't worth going to jail? Yet they are 'criminals'.

pfft..
Vertigo 99
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo 99 »

none near my cambridge, massachusetts home.

3 near my manhattan apartment, but, it's manhattan. i was expecting more.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Thanks for the tip!!
I found this bastard on a road too near to my house, especially since he's on the way from my house to my 11 year olds school and she asked about walking to school which would have taken her right down the sidewalk in front of his place!

Makes a father want to feed the gators some pedo-parts.....
Pun
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Pun »

I pity the motherf^cker that even thinks about ever touching one of my kids.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Keep in mind folks that half the time these people don't even notify the authorities when they move so keep that mind if you decide to play vigilante. Imagine if some ass came knocking on your door accusing you of a crime you didn't commit?
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

Testiculese wrote:I'm not minimalizing anything, just saying just because they're on the list doesn't 100% make them pedophile raping monsters. (Perhaps that list is only for that type, it doesn't load for me, so I cant' see.)

What I was referring to is a true story. Guy out on a Friday night, stops for a leak, and two women pass by, call the cops, who I guess where right nearby anyway, haul the guy off to jail for exposure. Nowadays, that's automatically registered for sex offender, no?

How many people are/were in jail for things that aren't worth going to jail? Yet they are 'criminals'.

pfft..
Exactly. You gotta be careful ppl, there are a lot of strange harmless things that could happen to anyone that come under the umbrella of Sex-Crime. So don't lynch anybody ok?
iten
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by iten »

I'm quite sure that the majority of these people would never think about committing a sexual offense again. They have paid their debt to society; don't be too harsh on people who may have changed.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

iten wrote:I'm quite sure that the majority of these people would never think about committing a sexual offense again. They have paid their debt to society; don't be too harsh on people who may have changed.
It's good advice to remind that there are circumstances that might put a non predator on this list....19 year old guy has sex with a girl who swears she's 18 but she's really 16...etc....
But there is a very high rate of recidivism for child molesters and the like, so don't fool yourself into thinking "the majority of these people would never think about committing a sexual offense again."
Because you're not "quite sure" they won't repeat, you just wish it were so....
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

iten wrote:I'm quite sure that the majority of these people would never think about committing a sexual offense again. They have paid their debt to society; don't be too harsh on people who may have changed.
sex criminals, as with most criminals are likely to reoffend. and we're not talking about pot smokers here, sex offenders are required to register for a reason.

yes there are oppurtunities for people to be classified as a sex offender because their pants fell down in front of a woman at target or something, but you never really know do ya?

don't go burning crosses on their lawns, but don't let your guard down either.

i have 2 daughters presently aged 5 and 3, i would kill for them without question or remorse.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Vertigo 99 wrote:none near my cambridge, massachusetts home.

3 near my manhattan apartment, but, it's manhattan. i was expecting more.
Riverdale != Manhattan. ;)
will_kill
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by will_kill »

MD-2389 wrote:Keep in mind folks that half the time these people don't even notify the authorities when they move so keep that mind if you decide to play vigilante. Imagine if some *** came knocking on your door accusing you of a crime you didn't commit?

yeh, 'cause I will be that @$$...

I love the innuendo BTW
Tricord
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tricord »

fyrephlie wrote:i have 2 daughters presently aged 5 and 3, i would kill for them without question or remorse.
Just to put this discussion in perspective. Killing is worse than committing a sex offense. Sheesh. You guys sound like you walk your girls to school with shotguns :roll: Perhaps you are!
will_kill
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by will_kill »

Tricord wrote:...Killing is worse than committing a sex offense...
I'd say that depends on who gets killed :wink: