You guys need to check out guitar hero

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Tetrad
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

You guys need to check out guitar hero

Post by Tetrad »

It's an amazingly fun and rewarding game. That is all.
De Rigueur
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by De Rigueur »

is it just for the ps2?
XSabre
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by XSabre »

Yeah, i got the chance to play it at a gamestore that had it setup, amazingly fun! At first i was disappointed to hear all the songs were covers, but after hearing a few of them they really remade them well. The songlist from what i got to see was really nice too. I was surprised to see some stuff by stevie ray vaughan, Clapton, and Megadeth. I'm going to pick this game up soon for sure. :)

@ De Rigueur: Yeah, as far as i know its only for PS2 for now.
Pun
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Pun »

Is this something that a 9 year old could play? He already plays guitar a bit.
Tetrad
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tetrad »

If he has timing and the dexterity in his left hand to play simple chords, then he can probably beat the game on medium, if not hard.
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

Yeah, it's only for PS2 right now.

This game has addicted pretty much everyone in the office. I hear other video game studios are in the same boat.

I just had to go out and buy myself the game and guitar controller. It is AWESOME. I'm not even one to play rhythm games, but Guitar Hero is tremendously fun. It's hard to not feel like a geeky rockstar. The game all but contextualizes air guitar. Lots of great songs on here too. Although the 30 main songs are all covers, there are about a dozen indie tunes on here from Boston-area bands.

If I have a complaint, it's that the difficulty above Medium is really, really hard. Probably a bit too extreme for most gamers.
Tetrad
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tetrad »

Kyouryuu wrote:If I have a complaint, it's that the difficulty above Medium is really, really hard. Probably a bit too extreme for most gamers.
I started the "hard" career today after a few days of playign on medium and have to say that is is quite daunting at first, but very doable. Right now I'm on group 5/6 and having a bit of trouble progressing. Very daunting at first, but when you finally complete a song it's a very good feeling.
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

while i don't down the incrediblenesseses of this game... i am sorta tired of the PAY A LOT OF MONEY FOR OUR BIG ASS CONTROLLER YOU USE FOR JUST OUR GAME, games.... like i really need more sh!t laying round my house, i already have a veritable discoteque, bongos, an arsenel of firearms, and the xbox treadmill.

boo manufacturers!!! boo!!!
Pun
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Pun »

fyrephlie wrote:while i don't down the incrediblenesseses of this game... i am sorta tired of the PAY A LOT OF MONEY FOR OUR BIG *** CONTROLLER YOU USE FOR JUST OUR GAME, games.... like i really need more **** laying round my house, i already have a veritable discoteque, bongos, an arsenel of firearms, and the xbox treadmill.

boo manufacturers!!! boo!!!
LOL! Funny sh^t.

I'm gonna grab this for my kid for Christmas.