Can't buy, so going to build a house.

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Capm
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Capm »

Some people just don't like round homes, because they've grown up with the stereo typical square home.

Now, if you had grown up where every home was a dome home, you'd probably think square homes were dumb too.

You've got no vision at all, man I tell ya.... ;) :P
Pun
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Pun »

I just think dome homes are a waste of space and they're kinda ugly and hard to furnish.

I really love FLW designs, which is what Mobi based his design upon. My dream home would be a FLW design with small modifications.
El Ka Bong
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by El Ka Bong »

My FLW home would have a secret geodesic horticultural grow room....And you Mobius..?
Instig8
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Instig8 »

his won't be so secret, but yeah...
will_kill
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by will_kill »

roid wrote:
Lothar wrote:
will_kill wrote:
Lothar wrote:Geodesics are cool... a lot of hippies built them in the 60s with no clue what great designs they'd stumbled upon.
Actually, alot of the "hippies" were highly educated folk from white-collar families.
Well, yes, I know... even so, most of them didn't realize just how cool the geometric system they stumbled upon was.
If we're talking about hippys, i doubt that. As far as demographics go, hippys rarely make uninformed choices. Everything has to have a greater meaning to them.
Likely these white-collar hippys decided to be trend-setters and build these weird geodesic houses. Since the design had easily demonstratable advantages, other hippys - being cultural creatives - were eager and willing to go against the social grain for the sake of a good idea once they were clued in.

i like hippys :)

hey you're all into maths and those geo-build sticks things hey! i bet you have some interesting things to say about geometry :)

thank you roid...that's what I meant originally :)
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

will_kill wrote:
roid wrote:
Lothar wrote:
will_kill wrote:
Lothar wrote:Geodesics are cool... a lot of hippies built them in the 60s with no clue what great designs they'd stumbled upon.
Actually, alot of the "hippies" were highly educated folk from white-collar families.
Well, yes, I know... even so, most of them didn't realize just how cool the geometric system they stumbled upon was.
If we're talking about hippys, i doubt that. As far as demographics go, hippys rarely make uninformed choices. Everything has to have a greater meaning to them.
Likely these white-collar hippys decided to be trend-setters and build these weird geodesic houses. Since the design had easily demonstratable advantages, other hippys - being cultural creatives - were eager and willing to go against the social grain for the sake of a good idea once they were clued in.

i like hippys :)

hey you're all into maths and those geo-build sticks things hey! i bet you have some interesting things to say about geometry :)
thank you roid...that's what I meant originally :)
are we talking hippy or yu(-m)pi (young upwardly-mobile professional individual)??

a hippy ... usually a drug crazed genius with little direction short of finding meaning in something or taking a stand (by smoking a lot of weed and grumbling about it while munching cheetos and playing hackey sack)

yu(-m)pi ... someone that works too much so they can work somemore and buy whatever is the fad right then and there. quick buy it and work more to pay for it while buying more stuff.... perpetually bucking for a promotion so they can make more to pay for the stuff they have and buy more stuff they can't pay for....

i like the happy hippy type...
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

hippys!

hippyhippyhippyhippyhippy
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

roid wrote:hippys!

hippyhippyhippyhippyhippy
i love you roid!!! you make me laugh the big time funny!
Phoenix Red
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Phoenix Red »

Now we have to hope thunderbunny doesn't read this thread.