New clan in community: Clan Zero Mercy

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Clayman
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Clayman »

Yeah, but he sure takes down a lot before he does. Ya know, gotta die with style.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

:) yeah
Stryker
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Stryker »

I have most of the website done.

The site is coded pretty much entirely in HTML, and all of the page extensions except for three are .htm. There are three .asp pages--the ASP language is only used to create a secure login page, allowing for a restricted access part of the site requiring a password to log in.
Zantor
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Leaving ZM

Post by Zantor »

I am informing you all that I have chosen to leave Clan Zero Mercy effective midnight, central time, January 21, 2006.

The D3 branch of ZM is disbanded effective the same time as my resignation.

I am considering joining TCO. I will note my choice later.
Zero!
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zero! »

bummer
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

so long :)
Zantor
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zantor »

I have chosen to join The Celestial Order!
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

mmmmmmmmk!
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Considering the activity of Descent 3 at this point, I'm surprised not ALL of the clans are vaporware.
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

Not to seem sarcastic, or belittling, but..

Why is this a momentous occasion? I can list a bunch of reasons why it's NOT. Is it just a big deal to you because at 15 it feels like your entire life is changing?
whuppinboy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by whuppinboy »

he has discovered the The Clan of Oneeyewilly (TCO) !!!! ;)
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re: Leaving ZM

Post by BUBBALOU »

Zangarath wrote: I am considering joining TCO. I will note my choice later.
you have to have an IQ no greater than 85 to join Totally Clueless Orb-spewers

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
Stryker
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Stryker »

I take offense at that statement. I know several TCOers that are good people. You just have to get past the outer veil of insanity.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Re:

Post by Ferno »

Stryker wrote:You just have to get past the outer veil of insanity.
lol
Zantor
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zantor »

Guys, STOP FLAMING ME!

This is momentous in a way that it is something changing in life, and since I've been in ZM for 1 1/4 years, it's significant. ZM is heavily a battle.net clan, and as of the summer of '05 I pretty much stopped playing StarCraft, the only b.net game I own. I don't interact with my clan mates much, and since I do (in fact) like and play Descent 3 more than StarCraft, it is time to do something. When it comes to clans, I am a very social and friendly person and like to make friends with people, especially if they and I have something in common. Hence why I like being in a team/clan. To sum it up, I'm basically changing the hub of my activities.

I will also take offense that statement about TCOers being strange. They're actually very good people. I myself know Immortal Lobster, Stryker, and Crusher.

Also, just because I'm 15 doesn't mean I'm immature. Many people think I'm older than I really am. Yes, at times I may seem noobish and I'll admit that, but if I don't understand something completely I will seek further knowledge; I'm not unresourceful, either.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Zan, relax dude. we're just joking around.
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

Zangarath wrote:Guys, STOP FLAMING ME!
A little tip ... if you were all that mature, you wouldn't get bent outta shape when you got flamed on the internet. Think about it ... :D
Zantor
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zantor »

Jeebers. I was having problems seeing your sarcasm.
Cangaceiro
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Cangaceiro »

kurupt wrote:
hit the nail on the head. all the good pilots retired pre-2002 ;)[/quote]
There are many good pilots at SD just give them a cyclone and you see what they can do :roll:
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

TCO sucks, join Nub.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re:

Post by TigerRaptor »

Zangarath wrote:Also, just because I'm 15 doesn't mean I'm immature. Many people think I'm older than I really am. Yes, at times I may seem noobish and I'll admit that, but if I don't understand something completely I will seek further knowledge; I'm not unresourceful, either.
So when you find this further knowledge, do us a favor. Don't jump on teamspeak and tell us about. ;)
Zantor
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zantor »

I admit I tend to talk too much, but I have good control over it. Like I said, I'm very friendly and social.

Come on guys, stop bothering me and let me go with my choice!
Zantor
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zantor »

Hey all, I'm withdrawing my choice until I've made further consideration.
Couver_
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Couver_ »

Zangarath wrote:Hey all, I'm withdrawing my choice until I've made further consideration.
Dude don't let people mess with you and jack up your choice. If you like those guys and get along go with it. The importent part is the fit not what a bunch of trolls think about it. (Mind you I am a Troll in training but have a moment of clarity now and again)
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

Great, lets us know what you decide.
Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Money! »

I'm with Couver. You'll notice that its better to do what you want, not what all these jackasses are saying. If you want to join TCO, there is obviously a good reason. Go do it. You won't be your own person if you only do what other people tell you to.
Birdseye wrote:It's never over
Immortal Lobster
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Immortal Lobster »

Ok, I just gotta ask, and yeah i finally got around to registering here

Why do you guys diss us so much, I mean what did we ever do to you guys,

Is it becuase we as a team arent the best skill-wise?

Or is it becuase we had anubis/thutmose/annoying whining egyptian dude on our team, which, btw he is gone, becuase he was an annoying whining egyptian dude

Anyway, I just want to know.

While most teams have disolved into vapor, TCO is still around, we dont play in matches anymore, mainly becuase of similar treatment we get here. but we do fly together, as friends, having fun, what more could anyone ever ask for in a game? to be the best in the world? I find that worthless ane very lonely to do that alone.

So please, lay off, or at least explain wth is wrong with TCO that you guys must feel the constant need to insult us/drag us through the mud for? or is it so simple becuase its done behind our backs, so you pick on the guys who dont pay attention?

Most of our members are students, wheter college, HS/ or even grade school. the older members are having job difficulty, so flat out, a lot of us dont have a very open schedule.

/rant
Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Money! »

Immortal Lobster wrote:Or is it becuase we had anubis/thutmose/annoying whining egyptian dude on our team, which, btw he is gone, becuase he was an annoying whining egyptian dude
Hey Lobster ^^. You're fine, but some of your teammates aren't the greatest. For example, in my opinion, Busted gives your whole team a bad name. I dislike him with a passion, and I can't help myself seeing that little TCO right before his name and making my own connections, whether conciously or unconciously. We as humans associate.

Also, there seems to be no screening process whatsoever. Anyone can join, which doesn't foster respect, at least in the conventional sense or the DBB community sense.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I think you're pretty chill.
Immortal Lobster
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Money! wrote:
EDIT: For what it's worth, I think you're pretty chill.
heh, thanks.

yeah, busted...err...yeah
He left for a while, I was rather relieved to, he leaves a trail of destruction like no other, on the other hand, he does do a lot for us, so i can never bring myself to giving him the boot..

But if its really reflecting that badly on our team as a whole, then hell, ill ive him his 3rd and final warning.

Also, its not really as open door as youd think, before we recruit we often play a few rounds with that player, see what hes like, sportsmanship, general fun, his priorities, its more of leaning back and watching. then asking for that indivdual to join, frankly, busted does not meet this criteria, but he was grandfathered into the clan, hell he was a member of OD before I was, I wound up as the captain of our clans D3 div, see my predicament ;)

anywho, Ill have to spend more time here, more forums to waste my life away on :lol:

[edit] any other members i need to keep an eye on? an outside perspective is invaluable, for future referance, Id like anybody to email me with complaints, i cant just do something becuase some one here posts about it. so send all complaints to immortallobster@celestialorder.com , thanks[/edit]
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Hi Lobby,

welcome! :D

All noobs to a forum get inevitably flamed and tested, and if they are 120 years old and have 909834232342342902342 posts on other forums. ;)
Immortal Lobster
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

lmao, yeah, im pushing a lot of posts on other forums, meh, ill find the time to bug you guys here tad too :lol:
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

Zangy don't listen to these tools, make your own decision. By the same token, don't bother to announce your decision here. Team/Clan affiliation in Descent 3 is pretty much moot as far as most people on this board are concerned. When you act like it's earthshattering news, you WILL get flamed.

ImmortalLobster: I'm with Money here, your team is OK in my book. I've been pleasantly surprised by and had fun playing your teammates.

I don't even think you need to kick Busted out of your squad. He's only annoying because he never shuts up, not really offensive or anything. Now that I'm used to his particular line of BS it's even kind of amusing. I know certain actions will trigger certain responses so I play him like a piano :) He's actually even a somewhat adequate D3 pilot. If he doesn't cause internal problems, don't worry about the rest of the community, I think we can handle him.

Now you, on the other hand, Lobster, need to get a REAL ISP so you can show us what you got :)
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

/me waves at Lobby!
sup?
Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Money! »

Lobster, just like we told Zang about joining your clan, don't make your decision based on outside influences. The feelings of the DBB shouldn't be the final tipping point.
Immortal Lobster
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Money! wrote:Lobster, just like we told Zang about joining your clan, don't make your decision based on outside influences. The feelings of the DBB shouldn't be the final tipping point.
no worries there, i just like to be aware of what my teamates are doing

Heya hatty, whered you disappear too =p

Waradvocate: yeah, im on an in-house network, so its free, and the cable is also operated in house, so no cable connection for me =(, DSL would require a phone line, nope, dont have that either, so sadly, im stuck on a Dual T3 thats shared by the entire complex, so, there are times when i do get a solid connectionn, and I promise you, i can hurt when i get that :twisted:
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

heh, where's Krom and his \"welcome to the dbb\" mega. ;)
"One spelling mistake can destroy your life. A Husband sent this to his wife : "I'm having a wonderful time. Wish you were her." - @RobinWilliams
Immortal Lobster
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

But I dont want a mega XD
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

In that case.....

;)
Immortal Lobster
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

yay, ive been flared :D
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

i wonder if muff's mass driver is as good in pyro :)