I'm just a Okie from

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

I'm just a Okie from

Post by woodchip »

a 5 min vid on how them Okies train their kids on what to do if a pedo comes around:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8870249151
Lobber
Emotastic!!
Emotastic!!

Post by Lobber »

I'm very afraid now....
Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

yea...you proud of that video woodchip?
TheCope
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheCope »

i think that would be fun but i don't see any reason to let your 6 year old daughter light it up with a machine gun.
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

That's ★■◆●ing disgusting...
will_kill
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by will_kill »

Zuruck wrote:yea...you proud of that video woodchip?

I would be... :D

excellent video 'chip..thx 4 postin :)
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

i swear i just watched that damn thing... stop wasting my bandwidth with stuff i've seen... get me something new to laugh at!!! :P
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

What, the fact that all those rednecks couldn't hit a moving car with all those automatic weapons isn't funny?
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

Ya, cool video ... good find Woodi. Looks to me like the little girl had fun too.
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

I just find it hilarious that there's a shortened term for "person from Oklahoma."
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

Suncho wrote:I just find it hilarious that there's a shortened term for "person from Oklahoma."
there are shortened versions of 'person from ...' for pretty much everywhere.

i am an 'minnesotan' ... former californian ... :P

okie doesnt just refer to where they are from (as a matter of fact i have met okies that had never even been there....
TheCope
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheCope »

have a few whiskeys with me dbb guy. but i ain't going to no suburb.
;-0
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

The father must have a screw lose to even let a kid near a weapon like that.
will_kill
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by will_kill »

Iceman wrote:Ya, cool video ... good find Woodi. Looks to me like the little girl had fun too.

yeh, I think that's pretty much the whole point...not even whether or not you can hit the broadside of a barn. Getting familiar with something that could one day save your life or your freedom is always on my list of priorities :)

come to think of it, I bet those 'rednecks' are alot more accurate with a firearm than most 'city folk' :wink:
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

TigerRaptorFX wrote:The father must have a screw lose to even let a kid near a weapon like that.
Yeah. What could the father been thinking of! Little girls should only be allowed to play with Barbi dolls and help mom around the kitchen. :roll:
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

I saw nothing wrong with that little girl firing that gun. Its obvious that her father (atleast I ASSUME that was her father in the video) was there at all times when she was behind it, and made sure she didn't do anything she wasn't supposed to. Last I checked, thats called being a responsible parent. Theres nothing wrong with a parent showing his/her children how to use a firearm as long as they're also taught that its not a toy.
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

im with MD on that one, it's really easy for someone to see a parent in a grocery store ignoring their child as they throw a tantrum and scream and make a scene, and say 'oh what a bad parent,' ESPECIALLY if you don't have kids of your own, but you don't know the situation and certainly can't judge another parent. i would rather see that guy with his daughter at the shooting range, than see him ignoring her entirely while she learns about secks and drugs and things on the street. (you get where i am going with that right?)

how many parents here have let their kids play a video game that involves firing a weapon? is that responsible parenting? i seriously doubt this guy is scream kill, shoot, yeah !!! and letting the girl take a 9 mm with her to elementary school.

now, it could also be that this guy is drunk off his ass and thinks its hilarious to let his young daughter shoot up the side of a hill. and he is screaming some sort of racial slurs and goes home to beat his wife because she didnt make dinner on time.

who knows....
Hostile
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hostile »

That was awesome!!! :)
will_kill
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by will_kill »

woodchip wrote:
TigerRaptorFX wrote:The father must have a screw lose to even let a kid near a weapon like that.
Yeah. What could the father been thinking of! Little girls should only be allowed to play with Barbi dolls and help mom around the kitchen. :roll:

:lol:
Sting_Ray
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Sting_Ray »

There is nothing more gratifying than dumping a drum at nothing in particular from a large caliber automatic weapon. And I believe that EVERYONE should be taught about weapons hands on. If kids learn of the awesome and destructive powers of explosives and firearms at a young age... they will also learn to RESPECT such powers at an older age. I fired my first automatic rifle when I was 6. I had the time of my life, but I also learned what it could do to a life if used in that regard.

You teach your kids about sex, drugs, and other behaviors... I think letting them get firsthand experiences with firearms is a good thing.

And to all of you that disagree... Screw All'ya'll.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

woodchip wrote:Yeah. What could the father been thinking of! Little girls should only be allowed to play with Barbi dolls and help mom around the kitchen. :roll:
Yeah that's the spirit Woodchip. :roll:
Zetal
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zetal »

That first car looked like a car that my friend owns... :o

Well, this is what has been unleased on our country again: Fully-automatic weapons legally. The only people who use them are the rednecks and bad guys. ...and the people who think that semi-automatics are not good enough for protection. Oh, yeah, like 20 bullets isn't good enough for one deer or intruder... :P:P

Just think about setting one of those mounts up in your room for any intruder though... :shock: You wouldn't have a door anymore...
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

Cmon Zetal... you gotta rambo it and shoot them off of your shouldier.
Zetal
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zetal »

Or you could do it the more sadistic way... ...Pick up the mount and beat them to death. :P:P
Deathwinger
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Deathwinger »

I like the fact he allowed the kid to use the gun. Like the previous posters said the kid may learn the power of such weapons and learn to respect it. Also, better the ammunition be wasted on the side of the mountain than on the streets killing people.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

Terrorist training is what they would label this in a third world country, But it's what we call recreation here.
Zetal
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zetal »

Well, that's the American stereotype. ...and it's true in the midwest for sure. :P
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Behemoth wrote:Terrorist training is what they would label this in a third world country, But it's what we call recreation here.
You do realise that it takes a class C license to own a full auto weapon? And do you have any idea how squeeky clean your record has to be to get such a license?
We all know that terrori are not squeeky clean 'cause they have lice.
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

I gotta say... about 20 years from now when that little girl is in the army kicking some major bad guy booty you will all appreciate the fact that her daddy taught her how to use a gun as a youngin'.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

I dont think so snoopy.
Sting_Ray
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Sting_Ray »

Behemoth wrote:I dont think so snoopy.
I wish I could pick and choose who's freedom I fight for.

:roll:
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

Sting_Ray wrote:
Behemoth wrote:I dont think so snoopy.
I wish I could pick and choose who's freedom I fight for.

:roll:
Trust me, I support you and all the troops that are doing something for this country, if it were me i would be with you but i dont like the idea of going under someone like bushes command.

On context i meant about that little girl shooting things at 5 years old, i really dont think thats going to be helpful in any way shape or form in the future.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

[quote="Behemoth"
Trust me, I support you and all the troops that are doing something for this country, if it were me i would be with you but i dont like the idea of going under someone like bushes command.[/quote]

So what you are saying is the only way you would serve and defend your country is if the "right" person is president? I know this may be hard for you to comprehend, but all of us on this board that did serve our country did not join up because of who was president. I think you just don't like the idea of serving in the military...period.

On context i meant about that little girl shooting things at 5 years old, i really dont think thats going to be helpful in any way shape or form in the future.[/quote]

What may surprise you is many women enjoy the shooting sports and hunting. Reason why? Their fathers took them out at a early age just like some fathers took their sons out at a early age and taught them how to hunt and how to respect a firearm. How to respect game laws and why there are hunting season's and bag limits. All this instruction instills respect for laws and more importantly creates a bond between father and daughter. The little girl will grow up with a far greater perspective of what her father is about. More so than occasionally playing dolls and eating pretend cupcakes with her.
Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

Who is stereotyping more woodchip? Look, teaching guns can do two things. One, like Stingy said, help them out. Or two, turn them into Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris.

My opinion, let her shoot, it's legal. However, I'd have a 5 year old shooting oh I don't know, BB guns or something more her size, not a .50 cal.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

At 5 years old, that kid won't know the difference between the 50 cal and a pellet gun other than one makes a much louder noise. Her father (like I mentioned in my previous post, I asssume thats her father) was there making sure she didn't do anything wrong so what's the big deal here? Its not like he turned her loose with it, allowing her to shoot anything and everything with it. You could clearly see him guiding her when she turned the weapon the wrong way.
Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

Did you not see my opinion, I said let her shoot.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Did you not see that I didn't quote you?
Hostile
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hostile »

Behemoth wrote:Trust me, I support you and all the troops that are doing something for this country, if it were me i would be with you but i dont like the idea of going under someone like bushes command.
The residing President does not determine whether or not you would do something for this country.....

Don't say you would be with 'the troops' if you are not going to be and use Bush as an excuse not to be. If you don't want to join up, fine. If you don't like Bush, fine. If you have other ways of helping this country, great. Your if, then, and but didn't belong together in the same sentence.