Ramsey Clark

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Ramsey Clark

Post by woodchip »

Would someone care to explain why a old ex-attorney general think he has to go to Iraq and make sure Saddam gets a fair trial? Isn't it just a bit pretentious of Mr Clark to stick his nose in a foreign govt.'s legal affairs? Or does he somehow think that the U.S. is secretly telling the Iraqi's how to handle things. Of all the people in the world that one should be concerned about having a fair trial, Saddam is not high on my list. Come home Ramsey...please.
will_kill
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by will_kill »

it's just more dressing for the stage chip...special interests make special requests :)
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: Ramsey Clark

Post by Dedman »

woodchip wrote:Would someone care to explain why a old ex-attorney general think he has to go to Iraq and make sure Saddam gets a fair trial?
Since we are making a show of trying to import our superior American values to Iraq, why not the one that goes everyone gets a fair trial with compitent legal representation?
woodchip wrote:Isn't it just a bit pretentious of Mr Clark to stick his nose in a foreign govt.'s legal affairs?
No more pretentious than our President thinking he knows what's best for Iraq.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Re: Ramsey Clark

Post by Lothar »

Dedman wrote:
woodchip wrote:Would someone care to explain why a old ex-attorney general think he has to go to Iraq and make sure Saddam gets a fair trial?
Since we are making a show of trying to import our superior American values to Iraq, why not the one that goes everyone gets a fair trial with compitent legal representation?
Ramsey Clark =/= competent legal representation
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I believe the Iraqi judge in charge told Mr Clark that if he (Clark) could not address the court in arabic to kindly "Shut up".
Secondarily where does Mr Clarke stand as to his law license being valid in Iraq?
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

woodchip wrote:I believe the Iraqi judge in charge told Mr Clark that if he (Clark) could not address the court in arabic to kindly "Shut up".
Yeah, I thought that was hilarious :lol:
Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

Just kill him....get it over with.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Zuruck wrote:Just kill him....get it over with.
Can't do that. The Iraqi people have to know they now have a legal system where they will get a fair trial under the law. Saddam's trial is show casing this idea. To just kill him to be done with it would tell the average Iraqi that their new legal system is no better than the old.
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

woodchip wrote:
Zuruck wrote:Just kill him....get it over with.
Can't do that. The Iraqi people have to know they now have a legal system where they will get a fair trial under the law. Saddam's trial is show casing this idea. To just kill him to be done with it would tell the average Iraqi that their new legal system is no better than the old.
yeah ... they need to give him fair trial. and then kill him...

or did you mean ramsey? i would be ok with that.
Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

oh shut up woodchip. you've never been compassionate or caring about the iraqi people.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Feel the love. :roll: