Little confused with the Tracker feature

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

DiscoWay
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Little confused with the Tracker feature

Post by DiscoWay »

I am a returning D2 player from awhile back. I used to go by the name (ACE)DiscoWay. It was so long ago durring the prime Kali days that no one probably knows or remembers me. I was a big fan of the Ultra Earthshaker levels, and still am.

Anyways, since my return to Kali using the latest version, I have had all sorts of NAT problems about certain ports changing and that Kali would freak out if this and that wasnt fixed. Well, I have hit these forums and the Kali forums trying to figure it out to no end. I have pretty much givin up on Kali. But something else gave me hope. I noticed that there was a built in UDP/IP tracker in d2x-xl. Unfortunately for me, this doesnt seem to be working either.

I think maybe there is something that is mis configured or I just dont understand.

Should I be able to see a list of a few people playing once in awhile with the default remote tracker ip?

I just need some clarification. Do I need to be within Kali to use the tracker feature in d2x-xl? If its related to Kali, i guess ill never see the day of multiplayer D2 again sadly. Doesnt make sense to me that so many other programs work just fine without problem, but Kali just hates my router and me for that matter.

Any insight would be wonderful.

Happy Thanksgiving.

-DiscoWay
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

You might want to read this for an understanding of the multiplayer options as well as Bubbalou's sticky thread if you haven't already.

You also might want to ask any questions about D2X-XL here if you want your questions answered straight from the horse's mouth.

Lastly, you might want to post your network config so we could have a better chance of assisting you.
World War Woodi
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by World War Woodi »

Disco, come to D3! Download Vortex and problems solved!
Plenty of peeps playin and there are shaker levels running there too bud, come on!
(not knockin D2 btw}