I'm the eater of soullllls!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Pun
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

I'm the eater of soullllls!

Post by Pun »

Man, I'm still trying to find out which one is Bunyip...

click if you dare
TheCope
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheCope »

i'm not one to judge *snicker* but those people are ★■◆●ing stupid.

/me drinks drain-o
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

That was terrifying. And yet...Sword chucks, yo! :P

P.S. Is it bad that I recognized several of those characters?
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

We're like a cult of people who think we're ninjas but we're not really ninjas.

I liked the "god kills a kitten" one... classic
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

lol @ 'steal womens' underwear and wear them on my head' and 'i use my tentacles to... well, do tentacly things to people.'
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

Buny is the blood and dark magic guy no? :D
Pun
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Pun »

My favorite is the eater of souls. Second is the "US operative assasin type ass-showing street fighter goodness"
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

rei was kinda cute
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

man a couple of them chick were awesome... nerdy anime chicks that are hot rule!!!
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

I think I saw Krom in there IRL
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I thought the chick in blue hair was kinda hot. Well I hope she was a chick but after looking at some of the guys...I dunno.
Vertigo 99
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo 99 »

the chick in blue hair = rei = who roid was talking about
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Well there you go, Roidy and I both have exceptional good raste.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

WarAdvocat wrote:I think I saw Krom in there IRL
So, you actually went to an anime convention ? And I thought I was geeky just downloading and watching it... ;)
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

Sorry if I confused you, I just meant I didn't see someone DRESSED as you in the video :)

Not that I wouldn't go to an anime convention to score some freaky costumed beaver.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

WarAdvocat wrote:Not that I wouldn't go to an anime convention to score some freaky costumed beaver.
You might want to double-check before you hit anything. :P
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

The Eater of Souls = FATAL !!
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Top Gun wrote:You might want to double-check before you hit anything. :P
You should DIE for posting that link..... *shudders*

:P
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

woodchip i'm gonna confiscate your geek licence. not knowing who Rei is, sheesh :roll:

and... MAN-FAYE CLAIMS YET MORE VICTIMS RARARGH!
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

Hahaha :lol:
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

I never got the whole Rei thing really, anti-social, lacking any personality, pretty much the polar opposite of Asuka. :P
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

roid wrote:woodchip i'm gonna confiscate your geek licence. not knowing who Rei is, sheesh :roll:

and... MAN-FAYE CLAIMS YET MORE VICTIMS RARARGH!
Hey, don't be so harsh on him. :P I'm only up to episode 7 of EVA on Adult Swim's run myself. So far, I've really gotten into the series, and I hear it gets absolutely nuts in the second half. :D

And you just can't keep a good Man-Faye down for too long. ;)
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

I dont even want to know what cartoon network has done to eva, it was wierd enough already in the DVD version. And the Shinji dub is horrible.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Krom wrote:I dont even want to know what cartoon network has done to eva, it was wierd enough already in the DVD version. And the Shinji dub is horrible.
I honestly don't mind his dub that much; I happen to have heard some whiney 14-year-olds that sound similar to that. :P Adult Swim actually has the original-quality VHS release version, not the new platinum DVDs. As far as editing goes, they've always been very good with cutting out only as little as necessary (higher-end profanity, nudity, and the occasional excessive blood were always about it); now that they're able to use the TV-MA rating, they're even more free to air what they want. (I've heard that Toonami aired a few episodes of the series during its giant robot week a few years ago, and that they were practically cut to pieces.) The only significant edit that I've heard long-term fans mention was Shinji's hand over Rei's breast in the awkward bedroom scene in episode 5; seeing as how it didn't take anything away from that already strange moment, I didn't really care. Besides, as far as I'm concerned, watching 14-year-olds get all fooly-cooly with each other is best left to creepy Japanese middle-aged men. :P
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

Actually if memory serves your discription of that scene would be the same as the DVD version. I'm wondering what one of the later episodes around 17 or 20 will be like, when there is a paticularly violent angel attack and the streets were literally covered in blood, it was dripping and flowing everywhere.
Lobber
Emotastic!!
Emotastic!!

Post by Lobber »

I thought the expressions on the face of the man interviewing them was PRICELESS! I laughed myself silly watching him freak out.
Pun
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Pun »

Lobber wrote:I thought the expressions on the face of the man interviewing them was PRICELESS! I laughed myself silly watching him freak out.
x2!
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

Top Gun wrote:The only significant edit that I've heard long-term fans mention was Shinji's hand over Rei's breast in the awkward bedroom scene in episode 5; seeing as how it didn't take anything away from that already strange moment, I didn't really care. Besides, as far as I'm concerned, watching 14-year-olds get all fooly-cooly with each other is best left to creepy Japanese middle-aged men. :P
yeah... not to mention she's [spoiler]A CLONE OF HIS MOTHER[/spoiler]. the creepyness factor is kinda up there.
Vertigo 99
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo 99 »

for someone who watched the whole series on a crappy VHS, how was it edited?
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

roid wrote:
Top Gun wrote:The only significant edit that I've heard long-term fans mention was Shinji's hand over Rei's breast in the awkward bedroom scene in episode 5; seeing as how it didn't take anything away from that already strange moment, I didn't really care. Besides, as far as I'm concerned, watching 14-year-olds get all fooly-cooly with each other is best left to creepy Japanese middle-aged men. :P
yeah... not to mention she's [spoiler]A CLONE OF HIS MOTHER[/spoiler]. the creepyness factor is kinda up there.
I really wish I hadn't moved my mouse over that; I had forgotten that the spoiler tags here don't have to be physically highlighted. Oh well; it's my own fault for getting involved in a discussion about it after seeing only 7 episodes. At least it wasn't referring to anyone dying; I started out watching Bebop with the final two episodes, so I've already gone through something like that. :P At any rate, I'm so tired from essentially pulling two all-nighters this week that I don't think it's even sinking in.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

Don't worry, that is largely irrelevant to the series, as is just about everything else because the ending is so whacked.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

From what little I've heard about the ending, I have the feeling I'm going to be posting here in a daze asking people to help me figure it out. :P
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

I've seen it 3 or 4 times, if you figure it out be sure to let me know what it was all about.
Vertigo 99
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo 99 »

My theory about Eva is that it doesn't have a meaning, and the creators are just laughing to themselves everytime the see someone write up a theory as to what it means.