ARE YOUS CARED OF THE SPIDERS

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

ARE YOUS CARED OF THE SPIDERS

Post by roid »

they fuckig freak me out. i just jumped across the kitch en from a little littler hunstsman spiuder running at my feet. OMG THEY ARE LIKe "i am a spider i am scary and omg i think i'll run at you ZERG RUSH SPUDERS GOOGOGOGOGOGO!@! ARRGAHRAGRHAGRARHARGAHRHGARGAHRH" a dn they run ar you and you will be like FREAKING OUT.running aorudn the kitchen from teh qworld's smallest hustmans spiders. and thebn you feel like not much of a man :( anyways

do spoiders freak you out:?

WHY DO SPIDERS FREAK OUT SO MANT"Y PPL, INCL ME>!?!?! is it a genetic inheretance from monkey ydays when it was dinosausr time and humans were mokeys being chasesd around by dinosairs and HUGE ★■◆●ing DINOSAUR SPIDERS WITH FANGS AND ★■◆●?! it makes no sense, but they have so many legs and i'm all @#$@ADGSAH#@%@$% SPIDER!@##@$!@##@ and it makes no sense

:(

jumping spiders are ok though for some weird reasons. they are cute. wtf
DKnight
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by DKnight »

I guess one reason some people are afraid of spiders is because of some event in their life that involved some sort of a spider. My step-dad was terrified of spiders due to his childhood. He almost died from a black widow bite, and then got bit by a brown recluse later on. Personally, I'm not afraid of spiders in the least bit. The only spiders that I wouldn't care much for seeing is the banana spiders in Guam (heard from a friend stationed there... They're ****ing huge!), and the camel spiders in the desert. I think I would be terrified of those things, just because of their nature and they're just too ****ing huge! :P
Unix
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Unix »

I'm afraid of spider-man.
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

Unix wrote:I'm afraid of spider-man.
The French one?? :lol:
Phoenix Red
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Phoenix Red »

I think it's probably something we learn to be afraid of from our parents at a young age (who learned to be afraid from their parents, who learned to be afraid from their parents...). I bet if you ask people who aren't afraid of spiders, their parents were not either.

They are disgusting but not scary. I'm averse to them in the way I would be averse to a ball of snot.
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

wow... settle, too much crack there roidy??

i hate spiders too, i think its cause some of them can be poisionous... and they are just flat out creepy and unnatural looking.
Richard Cranium
DBB Supporter
DBB Supporter

Post by Richard Cranium »

I'm starting to worry about you Roid. First you say the Dr. is going to harvest your organs (phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8949) and now you're freek'n about spiders.
Repo Man
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Repo Man »

We should buy a DVD of Arachnophobia. Then tie Roid down and make him watch it. We can also prop his eyes open ala Clockwork Orange. :twisted:
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

I hate spiders. I put on my head phones the other day and one fell off and scurried along on my hand. I freaked out and in the process knocked off the KB drawer off the rails.
Capm
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Capm »

You know, I didn't watch Arachnophobia for a long time, but it looked like a good movie, I just never got the chance to watch it.

Then, when I finally watched it, I was highly disappointed by the fact that it SUCKED. Roid would probably be more traumatized by the poor plot and bad acting than the dumb spiders. (which were also poorly done)
XSabre
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by XSabre »

Im not scared by them at all; in fact i find them very fascinating to observe. :)
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

Repo Man wrote:We should buy a DVD of Arachnophobia. Then tie Roid down and make him watch it. We can also prop his eyes open ala Clockwork Orange. :twisted:
You know, this is funny. The spiders in Arachnophobia are from New Zealand. NZ has only one poisonous spider in the whole damn country, and it is just about extinct. The Katipo Spider is related to the Aussie Redback, but it lives in sand dunes, usually in the base of tussock grasses. Dad and I used to search for them when I was little, but we never found one.

The actual spider they used in the movie is completely harmless - just quite leggy - and I uess that's why they chose it.

I'm not afraid of spiders at all, I quite like them in fact. When you are outside, it's almost impossible to be further than 1 metre away from a spider, and my garden has thousands of 'em!

When I was small, my next door neighbour had a collection of dead spiders pinned out in drawers like in a museum. She was well known as a spider collector, and whenever one would turn up in a shipment of bananas or something, the port authorities would call her and she'd go down and get it. She had ones as big as an alien face-hugger. :)

Our property bordered on about 20 acres of vacant land with trees, a creek and loads of great spider hidey places, so we'd have hours of fun watching them build webs, wrap insects up and eat them.

I guess that's why I'm not afraid of them.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

wiki article wrote:The film made use of 374 Avondale spiders, which were picked for their large size, lack of actual venom, and unusually social lifestyle. They were guided around the set by the use of heat and cold, but the large "queen" was an articulated model, as well as the "general".
wiki article wrote:The Avondale Spider is a large, brown huntsman spider originally found in the Avondale area of New Zealand, and its range now extends into the Waitakere area.
[edit]

Habitat and appearance

The spiders will co-exist socially, and are often found under loose bark and in woodpiles in colonies up to 300. They hunt their food rather than spin webs for it. Though non-poisonous to humans, they can strike great fear into the mildest arachnophobes, and it is just as well that they seldom venture indoors.

They are an Australian species, accidentally introduced to New Zealand in 1924 in shipments of hardwood logs. They achieved fame in the 1990 movie Arachnophobia which used 374 of these impressive spiders. The body of the spider may be up to 30mm long, is light brown and covered in dense, fine hairs. The legs are also hairy, and can span up to 200mm (8"). Large specimens are not unusual.
Battlebot
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Battlebot »

i cant find that thread from a long time ago when someone took pictures of a spider wandering in his room until his cat ate it.

the pictures were hilarious and the captions were priceless
XSabre
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by XSabre »

i remember that, i believe it was roid.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

I personally have no fear of spiders or any other creepy crawly. Except for house flies and mosquitoes which I hate.
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

the only thing i like about spiders is that they eat bugs...
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

yeah i've seen arachnophobia, it wasn't particularly freaky (or good). but saw imaginary spiders crawling up the walls as i tried to sleep that night.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

spiders are why I don't do lawn care any more. ... going along mowing someone's yard and whap! Cob-web full in the face.. I then proceed in dancing a jig in this person's yard. :P

Spiders are cool .. as long as they're not surprising me. hehe.. GL Roid. irrational fears are hard to over come. It's take most of my life to date to get over spiders. :P
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

I'm not cared of anything, really.

:)
Gammaray
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gammaray »

I'm not particularly "afraid" of spiders, even after being bitten by a recluse quite recently, last december or november actually. I find spiders quite interesting but I have a much more cautious respect after that bite.

I won't kill them outright, but I will not tollerate a spider in the house anymore. It's usually a catch 'em and toss 'em outdoors routine for me.

DKnight: My parents were absolutely terrified of any type of spider so I guess that makes me the exception to your theory?
DKnight
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by DKnight »

Gammaray wrote: DKnight: My parents were absolutely terrified of any type of spider so I guess that makes me the exception to your theory?
I never made that theory. :o

I think you meant this for Phoenix Red.
Phoenix Red wrote: I think it's probably something we learn to be afraid of from our parents at a young age (who learned to be afraid from their parents, who learned to be afraid from their parents...). I bet if you ask people who aren't afraid of spiders, their parents were not either.