just got a noise violation

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

HaAGen DaZS
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by HaAGen DaZS »

one time, my band was jamming in my garage. my buddy was sitting in to play guitar until our actual guitarist got here.

Knock on the door.
"It's about ★■◆●ing time you got here ma.. err... hi."

The police had arrived. Pretty much bs imo - all my nieghbhors know me and my family, yet they had all complained without saying a single word to the band! This was at 3pm in day, as well. cowards.

Funny moment, though.
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

fyrephlie wrote:and i'm discussing the fact that even twice a year i am not willing to be annoyed at all hours of the night, which seems fair to me, which is why it is protected by laws. and it's funny, cause i just don't do it to other people.

and for the record... to me, listening to some arse blast music at all hours is very much parralel to being poked in the forehead. (ugh... the bass, thump thump thump thump thump thump thump thump thump thump thump thump thump thump thump thump thump thump thump thump)

should i come poke your forehead?

That's fine and you are certainly within your rights (nobody denied that), but I think occasionally as neighbors we should put others before ourselves, especially if it's once in a while and there is a group of people enjoying themselves. I dunno, maybe that's just me, but that's how I like to treat people. I think you should consider that you are being a bit selfish here (although i'm sure all you can think of is how selfish they are, heh).
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

I play for a very loud band. I live in a triplex with my drummer in a house half-burried in a hill. My next door neighbor, the only local resident that can hear us is a dude that loves our music and sometimes asks us to randomly jam out, even at 3 a.m. We are both in a seperated basement and have no upstairs neighbor.

You can't hear dick from my side of the house anywhere past our yard. I either have the perfect setup for my perfect situation or I'm just lucky, but I don't think I co uld get a noise complaint if I tried.