Saitek Cyborg Evo?

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Saitek Cyborg Evo?

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Hey, I was wondering if anyone has used the Cyborg Evo Saitek stick? I saw one of these at a LAN and it looked pretty cool. They go for about $20 but I don't know of any games out there that would be any fun with it unless Into Cerberon comes out. :\ I was wondering how it compares to the MS Precision 2?
Stryker
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Stryker »

I use the Evo. It's really an awesome stick--some don't like it and claim it's too unresponsive, but I find htat it suits me perfectly. Enough buttons and gadgets to do whatever I need from it for any game, and EXTREMELY durable as well.
Zantor
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zantor »

I myself will be getting an Evo as soon as I have the money. That stick is worth like $50, but since I Hear it's goign for $20, it may not be that bad. Where can you find it? The Best Buy in my area doesn't carry it.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

I'd say get it. I 've had a Cyborg 3D gold (usb) for the last 3 years or so and it's been great. It's a bit different than the Evo, but Siatek's stuff is good.

And where Cerberon is concerned, don't hold our breath about sticks. Plan on mousing it in that mod.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

The Doom 3 engine does not support joysticks and it will be almost impossible to add JS support. The Q4 engine OTOH has native JS support. Unless Into Cerberon changes to Q4 there won't be any native JS support for it. I did find two interesting freeware programs for mapping JS axis the other night, I'll post the links after I got home.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »