REPORT - Bugs from move here

For questions, special requests, or any complaints concerning the Descent BB.

Moderators: Krom, Lothar, Richard Cranium, KoolBear

arieligena
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

I can't see new PM

Post by arieligena »

An email notifications arrived in my mailbox due a PM, but the PM is not there!

How do I see the new PM?

also It requires my login/passwd every time spite of checking the \"remember\" checkbox.
descent to earth, ascent to God
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Re: I can't see new PM

Post by KoolBear »

arieligena wrote:An email notifications arrived in my mailbox due a PM, but the PM is not there!
I don't think the phpbb script is set up to send you the pm but it's purpose is to tell you to come to teh DescentBB to check you private messages.
arieligena wrote:How do I see the new PM?
In the top of the page is a link that should say "You have a New Message" or something like that click on that link.
arieligena wrote:also It requires my login/passwd every time spite of checking the "remember" checkbox.
I think this issue might be related to a cookie problem when we migrated over the cookie wasn't renamed but the temporary domain has. Also the new version of phpbb which we have upgraded has considerable more security than earlier versions did.

KB
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

The benefactors link points to the www.descentbb.net domain.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I lost two rather substantial posts that I made in the E&C Forum in these threads late Tues. night/early Wed. morning. What really bothers me is that I put a lot of effort into both of them and didn't save them after posting. If they're completely lost, I guess there's nothing I can do but try to reconstruct them.

Edit: Lost another post in this thread as well. I really must have picked the wrong time to start posting. :P There are probably a few more that disappeared, but that's all I can remember.
arieligena
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: I can't see new PM

Post by arieligena »

arieligena wrote:How do I see the new PM?
KoolBear wrote:In the top of the page is a link that should say "You have a New Message" or something like that click on that link.
Yes, I go to DescentBB and I see no new messages there!! (They are not arriving to mailbox)!. The new PM is lost :(
arieligena wrote:also It requires my login/passwd every time spite of checking the "remember" checkbox.
KoolBear wrote:I think this issue might be related to a cookie problem when we migrated over the cookie wasn't renamed but the temporary domain has. Also the new version of phpbb which we have upgraded has considerable more security than earlier versions did.
KB
OK. I'll wait.
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Re:

Post by KoolBear »

Top Gun wrote:I lost two rather substantial posts that ...
New script has a quote size "limited" found by ferno looks like maybe 255 charatcers! :(

Top Gun email me koolbear at g mail dot com I can get your post, I had both in this thread and it bombed it. :P
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

I saw a couple posts go down the drain as well...

Has either RC or KB done an upload of the database recently?
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

I haven't and I don't think RC has either

BUT, as I mentioned for some reason the DBB Posted the shutdown message but didn't lock people from posting AFTER we started the installation on the new server. so...

After 6:00pm on the eve of the move any posts that were made to Descentbb.net would not be reflected in the databasea as it was exported.

Those posts are there and can be retrieved by a direct url but you can't/shouldn't post there :) If you try to go to the index you can't because I disabled the index at descentbb.net

Whew, I hope that made sense :D

KB
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

Code: Select all

Information

Please ensure both the install/ and contrib/ directories are deleted
just got that trying to post something in the NHB...

i have lost several posts... that were there, and now aren't. it seems like i am occationally going to the old domain, and switching between the two without noticing. starting to drive me nuts!
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

seems like i am also still geting a 'RE:' in the subject on some of the replies i try to make (like... last one i noticed was D2X-XL forum), but with this reply i don't see it. :)

(sorry ... if i'm not helping ... tell me to shut up ;))
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

umm not sure why you would bounce between domains. but the error message you displayed was during the minute I updated teh database to reflect the code changes I made to bring the bb to the most recent revision.

I am sure that's what you saw and won't see that problem again.

KB
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

well the domain thing is all i can think of... because some of my posts from this morning are here now... others aren't... its very confusing! ;)
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

The DescentBB wouldn't let me login with IE or Mozilla Firefox.
Seems like the only way in was to delete IE's Temp files and its history. Then the same for Mozilla.
Anyways, this has never happend before. Is there something wrong with the DescentBB that isn't letting me longin like normal? :?
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

when trying to open this link in a new tab.
viewtopic.php?t=9063
i got this error.
Could not obtain post/user information.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : Transaction (Process ID 56) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_posts, u.user_from, u.user_website, u.user_email, u.user_icq, u.user_aim, u.user_yim, u.user_regdate, u.user_msnm, u.user_viewemail, u.user_rank, u.user_sig, u.user_sig_bbcode_uid, u.user_avatar, u.user_avatar_type, u.user_allowavatar, u.user_allowsmile, p.*, pt.post_text, pt.post_subject, pt.bbcode_uid FROM phpbb_posts p, phpbb_users u, phpbb_posts_text pt WHERE p.topic_id = 9063 AND pt.post_id = p.post_id AND u.user_id = p.poster_id ORDER BY p.post_time ASC LIMIT 0, 40

Line : 399
File : viewtopic.php
I use Firefox 1.0.7

a post was posting at the same time in another tab while this error occured. it may be linked.

i just opened the link again and it worked fine this time.
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by fyrephlie »

roid wrote:when trying to open this link in a new tab.
viewtopic.php?t=9063
i got this error.
Could not obtain post/user information.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : Transaction (Process ID 56) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_posts, u.user_from, u.user_website, u.user_email, u.user_icq, u.user_aim, u.user_yim, u.user_regdate, u.user_msnm, u.user_viewemail, u.user_rank, u.user_sig, u.user_sig_bbcode_uid, u.user_avatar, u.user_avatar_type, u.user_allowavatar, u.user_allowsmile, p.*, pt.post_text, pt.post_subject, pt.bbcode_uid FROM phpbb_posts p, phpbb_users u, phpbb_posts_text pt WHERE p.topic_id = 9063 AND pt.post_id = p.post_id AND u.user_id = p.poster_id ORDER BY p.post_time ASC LIMIT 0, 40

Line : 399
File : viewtopic.php
I use Firefox 1.0.7

a post was posting at the same time in another tab while this error occured. it may be linked.

i just opened the link again and it worked fine this time.
[offtopic] why not get firefox 1.5??? its .4.3 better that 1.0.7![/offtopic]

[ontopic]i had to relogin tonight... what up with that? i tried logging it but it just kept taking me back to the (not logged in) index, i cleared cookies and cache and mistyped the url [/ontopic]

[offtopic]where i ended up at www.descentbb.com after perusing their topics for a while and getting a laugh (specially at the cope making fun of me[/offtopic]

[ontopic] i ended up here with a cleared cache... it took two tries to get logged in again anyway

any ideas?[/ontopic]
Palzon
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Palzon »

bug i did not see mentioned (cookie related, no doubt):

After viewing a topic, the energy powerup remains as if it was never viewed. you have to log out and back in to get rid of it - or click the top left banner to be logged out. and then back in.
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

Good catch Palzon I noticed it too but never made note of it.
Richard Cranium
DBB Supporter
DBB Supporter

Re:

Post by Richard Cranium »

KoolBear wrote:Good catch Palzon I noticed it too but never made note of it.
Hmm, you 'noticed' but didn't make 'note' of it... good one KB. Got a little LOL on that.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

IE 6.0, error on almost every page:

Error: 'SXBB' is undefined
SuperSheep
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by SuperSheep »

I posted a reply in a topic. Clicked Submit just once and got a page that said that I couldn't post so soon after my last post. When I went back to the topic, my post was there.

IE 6.0.2900
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Maybe not a bug, but an annoyance:

The DescentBB: the community forums image at the top of the page now just refreshes the page you are on, instead of taking you back to the index. Icky.
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

umm... language filter is no longer filtering language.... ?
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Re:

Post by KoolBear »

Lothar wrote:Maybe not a bug, but an annoyance:

The DescentBB: the community forums image at the top of the page now just refreshes the page you are on, instead of taking you back to the index. Icky.
An easy fix. DONE
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Thanks a lot for the e-mail KB. :) I do have one more comment: the smilies. I've seen a few other people complain about them (not that I'd qualify this as a \"complaint,\" per se :P). Will we be getting our old familiar smilies back in place of the default phpBB set?
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

x2 on the smiles. :P <--- because I hate the default phpBB ones. It's as easy as overwriting the /images/smiles folder with the older DBB one FTP style, no code changes required.
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

Krom wrote:x2 on the smiles. :P <--- because I hate the default phpBB ones. It's as easy as overwriting the /images/smiles folder with the older DBB one FTP style, no code changes required.
Sorry guys I guess I thought a working forum was far more important than smilies.

Since I was mistaken and a smilie is more important than a working cookie or some function I stopped what I was doing and copied what we have, No I'm not sure of the condition of the code (if all are still available) If I remember there were some additional ones added, I would have checked out when I got to the level of priority.

Anyway, I hope to see this issue come to a rest. :)
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Well excuse us for suggesting something easy to fix, next time we will ask you to recode the entire database and reverse the polarity on the phase shift inducers. :P ;)

Thx for fixing the smiles. :)
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Hell, I wasn't inferring that you should do it now. I meant a few weeks down the line, after all of the important technicalities like proper cookies and correct scripting and domain redirections and the other stuff I don't understand in the least was taken care of. :P Thanks a lot for looking into it, though. :D

Edit: Hmm...most of the old ones are there now, but so are a few I don't recall ever seeing before. Just imagine the possibilities... :twisted:
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by fyrephlie »

fyrephlie wrote:umm... language filter is no longer filtering language.... ?
RC seems to have fickst dat... if you ever get around to looking at my posts. :P
Vindicator
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by Vindicator »

Aww man, you brought back the new quote system? :(
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Re:

Post by KoolBear »

Vindicator wrote:Aww man, you brought back the new quote system? :(
Here's some cheese to go with your whine. :wink:

Before anything can be removed deactivated the DBB has to be FIXED and returned to the working status it had prior to the move.

KB
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

The little icons you can click to link to a post are back! Woot! :D:D:D:D
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Re:

Post by KoolBear »

MD-2389 wrote:The image used to allow you to link to specific posts is gone. It looks like the image next to the "add image to post" link, only its pure white and doesn't have an arrow. However, it renders in the "Topic review" when you make a reply to a post, and its a light blue instead of white..
Ok Fixed ...
Link to Specific Post in Topic (appears to work)
Topics I've posted In (Working)
Palzon
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Palzon »

Seems like there has been much progress. Good work to all involved.

One request...can someone fix this:

[spoiler]BSG plot explained[/spoiler]

...i have a post i really wanna make :P
Richard Cranium
DBB Supporter
DBB Supporter

Re:

Palzon wrote:Seems like there has been much progress. Good work to all involved.

One request...can someone fix this:

[spoiler]BSG plot explained[/spoiler]

...i have a post i really wanna make :P
It's on our list of things to do.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Sirius »

Aus-RED-5 wrote:The DescentBB wouldn't let me login with IE or Mozilla Firefox.
Seems like the only way in was to delete IE's Temp files and its history. Then the same for Mozilla.
Anyways, this has never happend before. Is there something wrong with the DescentBB that isn't letting me longin like normal? :?
Seconded, although I haven't seen it happen with IE so far (mainly because I switch browsers when it happens).

Basically every second time I visit the DBB I am logged out (despite having 'always log me in' checked every time), and cannot get back in NO MATTER WHAT I do... except using IE, naturally.

The alternate browser (which I normally use) is Firefox 1.0.7 (just haven't bothered upgrading yet).
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

viewtopic.php?t=9128

to summarize, manually delete ALL cookies involved! ;)

there are a few other posts on it... but it seems almost everyone has got it fixed now i think. :)
Richard Cranium
DBB Supporter
DBB Supporter

Re:

fyrephlie wrote:viewtopic.php?t=9128

to summarize, manually delete ALL cookies involved! ;)

there are a few other posts on it... but it seems almost everyone has got it fixed now i think. :)
That would be all cookies from:

www.descentbb.net
.descentbb.net
descentbb.net
and
dbb.vonclan.net

you should also clear your cache.
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

Bug: \"You have 1 new message\" should appear red when you have one or more messages.

Is this whole cookie thing because we put the board in the root directory instead of the correct phpbb directory?
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by fyrephlie »

Topher wrote:Bug: "You have 1 new message" should appear red when you have one or more messages.

Is this whole cookie thing because we put the board in the root directory instead of the correct phpbb directory?
lol, haven't i said this? well someone else mentioned it, so now KB might see it.