*WARNING*

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

*WARNING*

Post by fyrephlie »

Contest winners on M-Law's website... (they are a lawsuit abuse watch group in michigan i guess) if these have been posted before i am sorry. but they made me chuckle... i've seen funnier ones too...

A heat gun and paint remover that produces temperatures of 1,000 degrees and warns users, “Do not use this tool as a hair dryer” has been identified as the nation’s wackiest warning label in M-LAW’s annual Wacky Warning Label Contest.

A label on a kitchen knife that warns: “Never try to catch a falling knife.”

A very wacky warning on a cocktail napkin: The napkin has a map of the waterways around Hilton Head, South Carolina printed on it along with this: “Caution: Not to be used for navigation.”

A warning label found on a bottle of dried bobcat urine made to keep rodents and other pests away from garden plants. It says: “Not for human consumption.”

A warning label on a baking pan: “Ovenware will get hot when used in oven.”

A label on a baby stroller warns: “Remove child before folding

A brass fishing lure with a three-pronged hook on the end warns: “Harmful if swallowed

A popular scooter for children warns: \"This product moves when used.\"

A nine- by three-inch bag of air used as packing material cautions: \"Do not use this product as a toy, pillow, or flotation device.\"

A flushable toilet brush warns: \"Do not use for personal hygiene.\"

The label on an electric hand blender promoted for use in \"blending, whipping, chopping and dicing,\" warns: \"Never remove food or other items from the blades while the product is operating.\"

A digital thermometer that can be used to take a person's temperature several different ways warns: \"Once used rectally, the thermometer should not be used orally.\"

A household iron warns users: “Never iron clothes while they are being worn”

A label on a hair dryer reads, “Never use hair dryer while sleeping”

A warning on an electric drill made for carpenters cautions: “This product not intended for use as a dental drill.”

The label on a bottle of drain cleaner warns: “If you do not understand, or cannot read, all directions, cautions and warnings, do not use this product.”

A smoke detector warns: “Do not use the Silence Feature in emergency situations. It will not extinguish a fire.”

A massage chair warns: “DO NOT use massage chair without clothing... and, Never force any body part into the backrest area while the rollers are moving.”

A cardboard car sunshield that keeps sun off the dashboard warns, “Do not drive with sunshield in place”

An “Aim-n-Flame” fireplace lighter cautions, “Do not use near fire, flame or sparks”

A label on a hand-held massager advises consumers not to use “while sleeping or unconscious”

A 12-inch rack for storing compact disks warns: “Do not use as a ladder.”

A cartridge for a laser printer warns, “Do not eat toner”

A 13-inch wheel on a wheelbarrow warns: “Not intended for highway use”

A can of self-defense pepper spray warns users: “May irritate eyes”

A warning on a pair of shin guards manufactured for bicyclists says: “Shin pads cannot protect any part of the body they do not cover.”

A snowblower warns: “Do not use snowthrower on roof.”

A dishwasher carries this warning: “Do not allow children to play in the dishwasher.”

A popular manufactured fireplace log warns: “Caution - Risk of Fire”

A box of birthday cake candles says: “DO NOT use soft
wax as ear plugs or for any other function that involves insertion into a body cavity.”
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

Heh!
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Amusing.
Darkside Heartless
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re: *WARNING*

Post by Darkside Heartless »

fyrephlie wrote:A heat gun and paint remover that produces temperatures of 1,000 degrees and warns users, “Do not use this tool as a hair dryer” has been identified as the nation’s wackiest warning label in M-LAW’s annual Wacky Warning Label Contest.
One of my more moronic buddies at work lit his hair on fire with one of those. :x
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re: *WARNING*

Post by fyrephlie »

Darkside Heartless wrote:
fyrephlie wrote:A heat gun and paint remover that produces temperatures of 1,000 degrees and warns users, “Do not use this tool as a hair dryer” has been identified as the nation’s wackiest warning label in M-LAW’s annual Wacky Warning Label Contest.
One of my more moronic buddies at work lit his hair on fire with one of those. :x
he's one of those guys that NEEDS the caution: hot coffee is hot labels on coffee cups?
Nosferatu
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Nosferatu »

I say we remove all this label wackyness.

Humanity needs a good dose of Darwinism in action.

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Q the Darwin awards thread.